Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trevor Francis’ perfect hat trick — History 22:31 - Apr 3 with 1729 viewsNorthernr

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/45415
Trevor Francis’ perfect hat trick — History on 22:57 - Apr 3 with 1704 viewsbosh67

He was some player. And I think I am right in saying he was 73 when he joined us?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Trevor Francis’ perfect hat trick — History on 08:25 - Apr 4 with 1641 viewspaulparker

Trevor Francis’ perfect hat trick — History on 22:57 - Apr 3 by bosh67

He was some player. And I think I am right in saying he was 73 when he joined us?

He was only 33 when he came to us which isn't to bad
we seemed to have a special arrangement with Glasgow Rangers over this time period as we signed Falco, Wilkins & Spackman in the space of a year
I think people forget just how much of a good player he was for us (apart from those stupid one step penalties)
he is up there with Wegerle, Byrne & co for me in fact its quite a surprise he doesn't get in peoples best ever QPR team , he carried us in 88/89
the lob with Villa was brilliant but he scored a beauty scissor kick against Charlton in the cup , don't know if there is any footage anywhere , I also thought his partnership with Mark Stein was very underrated
shame he had a big ego as a manger as we were building something with the likes of Clarke, Gray, Allen, Reid, Spackman, Wright, Sinton , Seamen , Parker , Falco,
don howe took off where francs failed
still love Mrs Francis rushing down the SA road stand all fur coat (hopefully no knickers to give old trev a tongue sarnie ) when we beat Liverpool,

all in all I think Trev falls into the ray Wilkins camp of that he was a great player for us but ruined his legacy with his poor management

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Trevor Francis’ perfect hat trick — History on 17:05 - Apr 5 with 1545 viewsNorthernr

Trevor Francis’ perfect hat trick — History on 08:25 - Apr 4 by paulparker

we seemed to have a special arrangement with Glasgow Rangers over this time period as we signed Falco, Wilkins & Spackman in the space of a year
I think people forget just how much of a good player he was for us (apart from those stupid one step penalties)
he is up there with Wegerle, Byrne & co for me in fact its quite a surprise he doesn't get in peoples best ever QPR team , he carried us in 88/89
the lob with Villa was brilliant but he scored a beauty scissor kick against Charlton in the cup , don't know if there is any footage anywhere , I also thought his partnership with Mark Stein was very underrated
shame he had a big ego as a manger as we were building something with the likes of Clarke, Gray, Allen, Reid, Spackman, Wright, Sinton , Seamen , Parker , Falco,
still love Mrs Francis rushing down the SA road stand all fur coat (hopefully no knickers to give old trev a tongue sarnie ) when we beat Liverpool,

all in all I think Trev falls into the ray Wilkins camp of that he was a great player for us but ruined his legacy with his poor management

Mrs Francis passed away today, married since 1974, cancer again.

http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/helen-francis-3659594.aspx
Trevor Francis’ perfect hat trick — History on 17:09 - Apr 5 with 1544 viewsNorthernr

And while looking for footage of her at the end of that Liverpool game I did find some very grainey footage of the goal against Charlton you speak of...

Trevor Francis’ perfect hat trick — History on 08:23 - Apr 6 with 1465 viewspaulparker

Trevor Francis’ perfect hat trick — History on 17:09 - Apr 5 by Northernr

And while looking for footage of her at the end of that Liverpool game I did find some very grainey footage of the goal against Charlton you speak of...

Brilliant find clive , its funny I remembered it to be more spectacular than that and from longer out , then again as a 15 year old it was the greatest goal I had ever seen you didn't see many scissor kicks back then , hard to believe its nearly 29 years ago

very sad to hear about Mrs Francis RIP

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Trevor Francis’ perfect hat trick — History on 09:15 - Apr 6 with 1453 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

To be fair PP, we might disagree on a lot of things but you know your QPR history.

Hat off to you.
Trevor Francis’ perfect hat trick — History on 09:47 - Apr 6 with 1444 viewspaulparker

Trevor Francis’ perfect hat trick — History on 09:15 - Apr 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

To be fair PP, we might disagree on a lot of things but you know your QPR history.

Hat off to you.

im a QPR & Music saddo Baz
ask me anything QPR or music related and I can recall something that happened 20 years ago like it was yesterday ,
ask me what date my missus birthday is or what I did last week and I struggle ,

Trevor Francis’ perfect hat trick — History on 08:51 - Apr 7 with 1353 viewsBluce_Ree

I love that goal with his right.

I used to go to games when a kid but stopped when I was a teenager. I then got back into it in 95/96 and watched my brother's end of season videos to catch up.

That goal was my favourite one (despite the rubbish camera work).

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

Trevor Francis’ perfect hat trick — History on 08:54 - Apr 7 with 1350 viewsNorthernr

Trevor Francis’ perfect hat trick — History on 09:47 - Apr 6 by paulparker

im a QPR & Music saddo Baz
ask me anything QPR or music related and I can recall something that happened 20 years ago like it was yesterday ,
ask me what date my missus birthday is or what I did last week and I struggle ,

Ah yes, I'm the same. I know where Chris Kiwomya was born but I can't find my keys.
Trevor Francis’ perfect hat trick — History on 16:24 - Apr 7 with 1297 viewsMonkey

Not only was it a perfect hat-trick it was also a perfect performance by Francis. Every little flick and touch and lay-off came off in that game - certainly wasn't the way when he first came but that afternoon was an absolute joy to watch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024