Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie play your best team ffs 18:20 - Apr 17 with 7720 viewsessextaxiboy

Dont experiment until we are actually safe as in "cant go down " .We will probably be ok but you eat into your own goodwill in the bank by this brinksmanship . Changing a third of the team every game and again half way through is madness . You and your team switched off too early and now cant switch back on .

ETB
Ollie play your best team ffs on 10:50 - Apr 18 with 1208 viewsenfieldargh

It will be interesting to see if Petrasso's full run out (45mins) yesterday and his 20 mins up at Villa are his only opportunity to show what he can offer.

If this is his 'audition' then asking him to play 3 different positions in 45 mins is not really a fair crack of the whip.

Ravel Morrison was given 70 mins before waddling off and a couple of 20 min sub appearances and Dougherty hailed as a hero on his return from loan at Swindon not even getting on the bench since his one game at home to Burton.

If these 3 are now to be rid off in IH's plan then he must have known what they would be able to offer, if not then they should all feature in the remaining games to be given a chance

Its all a bit messy and making for an extremely disappointing end to the season.

I hate seeing QPR loose and I hope this continual losing does not carry into next season

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ollie play your best team ffs on 10:53 - Apr 18 with 1199 viewsdaveB

Ollie play your best team ffs on 10:50 - Apr 18 by enfieldargh

It will be interesting to see if Petrasso's full run out (45mins) yesterday and his 20 mins up at Villa are his only opportunity to show what he can offer.

If this is his 'audition' then asking him to play 3 different positions in 45 mins is not really a fair crack of the whip.

Ravel Morrison was given 70 mins before waddling off and a couple of 20 min sub appearances and Dougherty hailed as a hero on his return from loan at Swindon not even getting on the bench since his one game at home to Burton.

If these 3 are now to be rid off in IH's plan then he must have known what they would be able to offer, if not then they should all feature in the remaining games to be given a chance

Its all a bit messy and making for an extremely disappointing end to the season.

I hate seeing QPR loose and I hope this continual losing does not carry into next season

He must be assessing them in training as well. Petrasso was a bit unlucky yesterday but I'm not sure he's going to make it here, same as Doughty I'd sell them both so they can develop and get game time somewhere.
Ollie play your best team ffs on 17:27 - Apr 18 with 1112 viewsCFW

Ollie play your best team ffs on 10:53 - Apr 18 by daveB

He must be assessing them in training as well. Petrasso was a bit unlucky yesterday but I'm not sure he's going to make it here, same as Doughty I'd sell them both so they can develop and get game time somewhere.

I kind of get giving players a chance to show what they can do - has it come a bit early? possibly especially as we keep getting told we are not yet assured of Championship football next season. Results have been very hit and miss - good runs followed by loss after loss. People say we should/could/deserved more from recent games but it is true to say we won matches when really we were kind of lucky.

I was hoping we would have the base of a settled side by the end of the season and only needing a few additions to our squad, get them in early and have a well organised productive pre-season ready to hit the ground running. Unfortunately I am not sure this is going to happen - there are lots of players that I think will go and that is fine because as a squad we are unbalanced.

For me the biggest problem is we do not appear (as yet) to have a style of playing. As I said I understand giving players a chance but play them in their correct positions. Cant help thinking Ollie is trying to be a bit too smart and not really sure what he is trying to do. Wonder what Les and the owners think about it?

Clearly our defence continues to be the biggest problem - my opinion for what its worth is our two full backs are not good enough. Not saying Furlong is not a good prospect but he needs experience and Bidwell has been average at best this season.
Ollie play your best team ffs on 17:31 - Apr 18 with 1103 viewsNorthernr

Ollie play your best team ffs on 17:27 - Apr 18 by CFW

I kind of get giving players a chance to show what they can do - has it come a bit early? possibly especially as we keep getting told we are not yet assured of Championship football next season. Results have been very hit and miss - good runs followed by loss after loss. People say we should/could/deserved more from recent games but it is true to say we won matches when really we were kind of lucky.

I was hoping we would have the base of a settled side by the end of the season and only needing a few additions to our squad, get them in early and have a well organised productive pre-season ready to hit the ground running. Unfortunately I am not sure this is going to happen - there are lots of players that I think will go and that is fine because as a squad we are unbalanced.

For me the biggest problem is we do not appear (as yet) to have a style of playing. As I said I understand giving players a chance but play them in their correct positions. Cant help thinking Ollie is trying to be a bit too smart and not really sure what he is trying to do. Wonder what Les and the owners think about it?

Clearly our defence continues to be the biggest problem - my opinion for what its worth is our two full backs are not good enough. Not saying Furlong is not a good prospect but he needs experience and Bidwell has been average at best this season.

I'm not so worried about whether we started giving players a chance too early (I don't think we did, I still think we'll be fine) but I am concerned about what constitutes 'a chance'.

A chance, in my book, would be somebody like Petrasso or Goss being put in the team, in a position, for a run of four or five games, and let's see what they can do. This would make particular sense with Goss given his lack of senior football in his career, and that we paid good money for him.

I don't see that 45 minutes being bumped around three positions and then being subbed as any kind of chance for Petrasso. I'm not his biggest fan but poor little bstrd, what was he meant to do with that?
Ollie play your best team ffs on 18:20 - Apr 18 with 1018 viewsCFW

Ollie play your best team ffs on 17:31 - Apr 18 by Northernr

I'm not so worried about whether we started giving players a chance too early (I don't think we did, I still think we'll be fine) but I am concerned about what constitutes 'a chance'.

A chance, in my book, would be somebody like Petrasso or Goss being put in the team, in a position, for a run of four or five games, and let's see what they can do. This would make particular sense with Goss given his lack of senior football in his career, and that we paid good money for him.

I don't see that 45 minutes being bumped around three positions and then being subbed as any kind of chance for Petrasso. I'm not his biggest fan but poor little bstrd, what was he meant to do with that?

Not sure I made my point clear (my bad) - I totally agree with your reply and accept giving players a chance is allowing them time in the team playing in their preferred positions without being substituted. When I said a bit too early that referred to us not being safe in the league. Once that is secure then fine give players an opportunity to show what they can do. Think the Goss comment is sound - he will be a QPR player next season not sure Petrasso will be.
Ollie play your best team ffs on 21:25 - Apr 18 with 951 viewsdavman

Ollie play your best team ffs on 17:31 - Apr 18 by Northernr

...and the other thing is to 'seed one or two into a settled team rather than put them in with other 'raw' squad members in need of similar experience.

Of course the problem there is that we don't have a settled team. Ollie insists that we are setting up to counter the opposition, which means that it will be a different team and set up every week as each opposition is different. But surely, we should have a nucleus of first team players, an identifiable system for them to play in with a couple of variations on the theme to counter others and a way of keeping players playing in their right position.

...and the other problem is that it has been a living miracle that we have generally managed to play three centre backs, when we have a total of three centre backs plus Caulker and Perch at the club!

Think that they may be looking for one of them during the summer???

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Ollie play your best team ffs on 21:41 - Apr 18 with 933 viewsdaveB

Ollie play your best team ffs on 21:25 - Apr 18 by davman

...and the other thing is to 'seed one or two into a settled team rather than put them in with other 'raw' squad members in need of similar experience.

Of course the problem there is that we don't have a settled team. Ollie insists that we are setting up to counter the opposition, which means that it will be a different team and set up every week as each opposition is different. But surely, we should have a nucleus of first team players, an identifiable system for them to play in with a couple of variations on the theme to counter others and a way of keeping players playing in their right position.

...and the other problem is that it has been a living miracle that we have generally managed to play three centre backs, when we have a total of three centre backs plus Caulker and Perch at the club!

Think that they may be looking for one of them during the summer???

We do have a nucleus of first team players though, when fit all of Smithies, Bidwell, Hall, Ned, Luongo, Freeman and Manning tend to start games, it's usually the wide players and forwards that get changed around
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024