Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie play your best team ffs 18:20 - Apr 17 with 7724 viewsessextaxiboy

Dont experiment until we are actually safe as in "cant go down " .We will probably be ok but you eat into your own goodwill in the bank by this brinksmanship . Changing a third of the team every game and again half way through is madness . You and your team switched off too early and now cant switch back on .

ETB
Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:12 - Apr 17 with 1690 viewsBlackCrowe

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:10 - Apr 17 by BostonR

Today, he could have gone for it with:
Smithies
Perch Lynch Bidwell
Goss
LuaLua Freeman Luongo Wszolek
Washington Smith

Oh yes that would've done. Brilliant.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:13 - Apr 17 with 1690 viewsBostonR

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:02 - Apr 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Change the fecking record, you only post when we lose as Clive pointed out the other day and your hatred for IH has no bounds as you have proved for years.

It's clear you take great joy at the team losing, after all who could forget the guy that wished his team would lose.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 20:05]

Did you go today'?
Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:15 - Apr 17 with 1679 viewsHunterhoop

Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:55 - Apr 17 by daveB

What is the best side then that he should be picking?

How dare you ask BostonR that, Dave?!

He has no answers. No intelligent analysis and evaluation, just an anti-Holloway bias and a predilection for being obtuse.

Or, to put in simply, he's a grade F WUM from 2003 whose return happens to coincide with Ollie's return.
Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:15 - Apr 17 with 1679 viewsBostonR

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:12 - Apr 17 by BlackCrowe

Oh yes that would've done. Brilliant.

And you?
Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:16 - Apr 17 with 1674 viewsessextaxiboy

Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:48 - Apr 17 by daveB

whats the best combination then?

Assuming that the squad today were the only players available and Hall Onouha and Furlong are injured I would have matched up their 442 with

Smithies
Mackie Perch Lynch Bidwell
Lua Lua Luongo Manning Freeman
Smith Washington

Mackie not ideal but he has done it before , thats my take on it . If you have square holes choose as close to a square peg that you have available .

Thats my lot on this one , I am not aligning myself with BostonR on a thread about Ollie
Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:18 - Apr 17 with 1667 views2Thomas2Bowles

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:13 - Apr 17 by BostonR

Did you go today'?

Oh sorry I forgot, you think only those that can go to games can have an opinion.

Your little brownie point scoring PMSL

What that's got to do with you being a fecking boring one dimensional tw*t I'll leave others to judge.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 20:19]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:19 - Apr 17 with 1663 views2Thomas2Bowles

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:15 - Apr 17 by Hunterhoop

He has no answers. No intelligent analysis and evaluation, just an anti-Holloway bias and a predilection for being obtuse.

Or, to put in simply, he's a grade F WUM from 2003 whose return happens to coincide with Ollie's return.

Bang on.

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:19 - Apr 17 with 1658 viewsBostonR

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:15 - Apr 17 by Hunterhoop

Need to correct you. Benn going since the early 70's and have watched some marvellous teams and some decent managers - Holloway is not one of them. I do enjoy the Holloway fan club - loyal but deluded.
Login to get fewer ads

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:22 - Apr 17 with 1649 viewsBostonR

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:18 - Apr 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Oh sorry I forgot, you think only those that can go to games can have an opinion.

Your little brownie point scoring PMSL

What that's got to do with you being a fecking boring one dimensional tw*t I'll leave others to judge.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 20:19]

Take your medication.
Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:23 - Apr 17 with 1642 viewsHunterhoop

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:19 - Apr 17 by BostonR

Need to correct you. Benn going since the early 70's and have watched some marvellous teams and some decent managers - Holloway is not one of them. I do enjoy the Holloway fan club - loyal but deluded.

Evening, squire. Just referring to your "contributions" to this forum, past and present. Wanting QPR lose won't be forgotten.

I'm sure you've done a lot else in your life and have been a wonderfully supportive fan apart from Holloway's reigns.
Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:23 - Apr 17 with 1640 views2Thomas2Bowles

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:22 - Apr 17 by BostonR

Take your medication.

I'm fine, it's you that needs treatment.

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:28 - Apr 17 with 1615 viewsDejR_vu

What we see on the pitch is a reflection of the manager who puts them there.

Ask IH a question and you get long, rambling, incoherent gibberish; absolutely no clarity of thought.

What we get on the pitch is an incoherent dog's dinner. Players change from game to game, some play in different positions within games, formations change from game to game and within the same game. The players look baffled. Neither they or the manager are giving any clue that they know what they are doing. Substitutions generally have no impact or make things worse. In terms of game plan we either go long to Smith (badly) from the off, or try several different formations/personnel, then go long to Smith (badly) when (not surprisingly) nothing is working.

IH came out last week and said we went 'long' too early. Well, he's the manager, so manage it and stop them doing it. He's come out today and said Smith and Sylla were playing in the same area rather than at opposite points in the box. Why were they doing that? We play it long often enough, why don't the players know where they should be positionally?

IH did a great job for us first time round, in unique circumstances, when no-one else would have touched us with a barge pole. For that every QPR fan should be eternally grateful. He was, and should have remained, a legend.

But that can't mean that he gets a free pass regardless. IH is a poor manager. The fact is, since he's arrived, we have lost six on the spin, and now five on the spin (and don't appear to have stopped just yet). I'm all for experimenting, at the right time, to the right extent, but that doesn't mean deserting your post and losing five straight, particularly when you're not, technically, safe. Chris Hughton wouldn't concede that Brighton were promoted earlier today, despite having a better goal difference to the tune of +32. IH decides to start d1cking around with months of the season left. We look an utter shambles.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:31 - Apr 17 with 1587 viewsBostonR

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:23 - Apr 17 by Hunterhoop

Evening, squire. Just referring to your "contributions" to this forum, past and present. Wanting QPR lose won't be forgotten.

I'm sure you've done a lot else in your life and have been a wonderfully supportive fan apart from Holloway's reigns.

I remember that post about losing and stand by it. My abiding memory of Holloway was the perpetual pain I had in my neck at games watching his teams hoof the fecking ball aimlessly. It's just like being warped back in time, but the only difference today is that I don't have to wish us to lose as he is doing a fine job of that himself. And the pain is back in my neck!
Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:35 - Apr 17 with 1563 viewsHunterhoop

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:31 - Apr 17 by BostonR

I remember that post about losing and stand by it. My abiding memory of Holloway was the perpetual pain I had in my neck at games watching his teams hoof the fecking ball aimlessly. It's just like being warped back in time, but the only difference today is that I don't have to wish us to lose as he is doing a fine job of that himself. And the pain is back in my neck!

Wanting QPR to lose! Wonderful stuff. What a "supporter" you are.

I really hope you are from Boston, USA, think you're educated, and support the Patriots, thus confirming everything I already thought about that niche demographic.

#whatateamplayer
Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:39 - Apr 17 with 1548 views2Thomas2Bowles

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:31 - Apr 17 by BostonR

Well clearly it's brings you joy and out from under that dark bridge you have been stuck under when we have been winning.

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:57 - Apr 17 with 1471 viewsBostonR

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:35 - Apr 17 by Hunterhoop

Wanting QPR to lose! Wonderful stuff. What a "supporter" you are.

I really hope you are from Boston, USA, think you're educated, and support the Patriots, thus confirming everything I already thought about that niche demographic.

#whatateamplayer

I was born in Notting Hill in the 60's and the R's were always my team. I have been fortunate and lived in various places and now spend my time living/working in the US and the UK. Always plan my work around being back in the UK to watch R's and rarely miss a home game and get to a few away matches. I'd say I am a decent fan who has watched my team since 1973 and I am entitled to have an opinion, whether you like it or not and I choose to air it here.
Ollie play your best team ffs on 22:37 - Apr 17 with 1358 viewsdigswellhoop

so forum what is our best 11?
Ollie play your best team ffs on 22:50 - Apr 17 with 1334 views2Thomas2Bowles

Ollie play your best team ffs on 22:37 - Apr 17 by digswellhoop

That would be a valid question if this was the 1970's with only 1 sub and most teams playing 442

I don't think today with so many formations and 7 subs to pick 3 from you can't have a best 11 maybe a best 18.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 23:14]

Ollie play your best team ffs on 23:02 - Apr 17 with 1307 viewsJamesB1979

Thought I knew best team couple of months back but not sure now. I'd like us to keep it simple and stick to 1 formation and make small changes (1-2) to team if needed. If manager thinks someone deserves a chance give them a few games not 45 minutes or 1 game. Just as fans need to have patience with the manager, manager needs to give players time to show whether they are good enough or not.
Ollie play your best team ffs on 23:22 - Apr 17 with 1264 views100percent

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:28 - Apr 17 by DejR_vu

What we see on the pitch is a reflection of the manager who puts them there.

Ask IH a question and you get long, rambling, incoherent gibberish; absolutely no clarity of thought.

What we get on the pitch is an incoherent dog's dinner. Players change from game to game, some play in different positions within games, formations change from game to game and within the same game. The players look baffled. Neither they or the manager are giving any clue that they know what they are doing. Substitutions generally have no impact or make things worse. In terms of game plan we either go long to Smith (badly) from the off, or try several different formations/personnel, then go long to Smith (badly) when (not surprisingly) nothing is working.

IH came out last week and said we went 'long' too early. Well, he's the manager, so manage it and stop them doing it. He's come out today and said Smith and Sylla were playing in the same area rather than at opposite points in the box. Why were they doing that? We play it long often enough, why don't the players know where they should be positionally?

IH did a great job for us first time round, in unique circumstances, when no-one else would have touched us with a barge pole. For that every QPR fan should be eternally grateful. He was, and should have remained, a legend.

But that can't mean that he gets a free pass regardless. IH is a poor manager. The fact is, since he's arrived, we have lost six on the spin, and now five on the spin (and don't appear to have stopped just yet). I'm all for experimenting, at the right time, to the right extent, but that doesn't mean deserting your post and losing five straight, particularly when you're not, technically, safe. Chris Hughton wouldn't concede that Brighton were promoted earlier today, despite having a better goal difference to the tune of +32. IH decides to start d1cking around with months of the season left. We look an utter shambles.

Pretty much agree with this Deja.
I felt really angry today and Holloways inane excuses are wearing thin.
we as the paying, long term fans deserve to be treated with a bit more respect than be subjected to the tombola of players and systems that Holloway has made up as he goes along.
Appreciate that he may want to look at players for next season but FFS look at the opposition you are up against and then make tactical changes accordingly. Over the last five games he has changed formations up to 3/4 times during each game - as if the opposition have fielded a surprise team..... it comes as no surprise that teams like Brighton and Sheff Wed (who both looked pretty average) have a consistency in their sides. Pick a side to beat the opposition, not insult our patience.
Ollie play your best team ffs on 23:22 - Apr 17 with 1263 viewsPunteR

Ollie play your best team ffs on 22:37 - Apr 17 by digswellhoop

We've talked in the past on forums and podcasts about needing a system of play,a QPR philosophy. Do we have that yet?
I've no idea what our best starting 11 is but things are changing for the better at our club.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ollie play your best team ffs on 07:20 - Apr 18 with 1156 viewsdaveB

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:10 - Apr 17 by BostonR

Today, he could have gone for it with:
Smithies
Perch Lynch Bidwell
Goss
LuaLua Freeman Luongo Wszolek
Washington Smith

He could have gone with that, wouldn't say thats our best team though and significantly better than what was put out.
Ollie play your best team ffs on 07:22 - Apr 18 with 1153 viewsdaveB

Ollie play your best team ffs on 20:16 - Apr 17 by essextaxiboy

Assuming that the squad today were the only players available and Hall Onouha and Furlong are injured I would have matched up their 442 with

Smithies
Mackie Perch Lynch Bidwell
Lua Lua Luongo Manning Freeman
Smith Washington

Mackie not ideal but he has done it before , thats my take on it . If you have square holes choose as close to a square peg that you have available .

Thats my lot on this one , I am not aligning myself with BostonR on a thread about Ollie

not the best combination or best team though is it, still would be an experiment with Freeman wide rather than in the middle and Mackie at right back plus Perch at centre half. Not easy to pick the best team when really we don't have one yet. We just have 5 or 6 must starts who do usually start and the rest is up for debate
Ollie play your best team ffs on 07:51 - Apr 18 with 1115 viewsstowmarketrange

Ollie play your best team ffs on 23:22 - Apr 17 by 100percent

Pretty much agree with this Deja.
I felt really angry today and Holloways inane excuses are wearing thin.
we as the paying, long term fans deserve to be treated with a bit more respect than be subjected to the tombola of players and systems that Holloway has made up as he goes along.
Appreciate that he may want to look at players for next season but FFS look at the opposition you are up against and then make tactical changes accordingly. Over the last five games he has changed formations up to 3/4 times during each game - as if the opposition have fielded a surprise team..... it comes as no surprise that teams like Brighton and Sheff Wed (who both looked pretty average) have a consistency in their sides. Pick a side to beat the opposition, not insult our patience.

I agree mate.I've seen too many qpr defeats to worry that much any more.Today I was annoyed more than I should've been at a loss.
I always feel that we should be playing our strongest team at home where most of our fans are.I don't think we did that today.And I thought Wednesday were there for the taking today.We showed in the 2nd half how poor they were and that we aren't that far off being a good team.
But we need to play with our best team as much as we can.It was another missed opportunity in my opinion,especially with a whole lot of season tickets to sell.
Ollie play your best team ffs on 09:17 - Apr 18 with 1052 viewssmegma

Ollie play your best team ffs on 19:40 - Apr 17 by Rangersw12

No I call people who want another manager sacked divs

Holloway isn't beyond criticism and frankly his selections have been bizarre in the last few games but I seem to remember people moaning at JFH for playing same team this time last year and moaning he didn't experiment enough so you can't win

Holloway will know alot about the squad in the last 5 games and I would expect a few changes going forward especially in defence

If memory serves me correctly, JFH only played an unchanged team twice .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024