Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bitter taste about Sweetmore 11:20 - Apr 30 with 52001 viewsswiggy

Apparently Dave Sweetmore has been given his job back for next season despite the club announcing Eden Bearshaw as his replacement. What a sad day for the integrity of RAFC. How can you give someone a job and then give back word on the last day of the season, this leaves a very bitter taste on a day that could go down in the clubs history. Trust has been severely compromised and I'm sure this will have a negative affect on season ticket sales. I for one had been a certainty but am now thinking of not purchasing. Sad sad day for the club.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:12 - May 3 with 2755 views442Dale

The main thing here is that the football club are seen to be addressing the issue. That's something we all, as supporters, should agree on.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:17 - May 3 with 2733 viewsSandyDrum

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 08:55 - May 3 by TalkingSutty

You see, you're another one who is also having tantrums. Yes, you're dead right in suggesting you are stomping harder because he drinks in the Cem and is one of your pals, you sound like a bunch of spoilt brats.If this was anybody else I don't think any of you would be making such a massive issue about it and threatening not to renew season tickets etc and if you're honest with yourself you will admit that. He's a mate and your shouting the loudest.

If you analysed my post you would realise I don't agree with what has happened, it stinks,but it's not the first time supporters have been treated badly. We have unpaid volunteers who do a lot of work for the Club and are insulted and treated like mugs, so I don't see why anybody is so outraged by this. The Club have renaged on their original decision for whatever reason, they shouldn't then be held to ransom regarding withdrawing support of ST purchases over it.

Various Supporters have posted their displeasure over the years regarding a multitude of perceived annoyances relating to the Club and its been noticeable how you and your pals are very quick to patronise them and pat them on the head, belittling the supporters with your Cambridge Forum 'nicknames, so don't start coming the *ucking high almighty and holier than thou', regarding how the Club should treat fans. No doubt your bum chums will come along at some stage and fight your corner for you. The Club have made their decision what are you going to do about it apart from voice your displeasure?

Mate, it's 9am.
Get yourself some Weetabix and a coffee and have a day off.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:19 - May 3 with 2724 viewsssimp62

The club should have had a statement released as soon as the decision was made, before Eden had the chance to tell his friends and it end up all over here. Or even before Sweetmore had the chance to tell any of his media friends he was staying.

To be honest i'm more bothered about our team for next season, not who reads the teams names out.

I do agree with several comments that if Eden had not been a friend of so many on here there would be none of this.

Sounds like Sweetmore doesn't get involved with the fans side of the club.

I'm sure we will hear from the club over the week and then we can just all just on with supporting the team, not the tannoyman.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:23 - May 3 with 2706 viewsDaleiLama

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:12 - May 3 by 442Dale

The main thing here is that the football club are seen to be addressing the issue. That's something we all, as supporters, should agree on.

Well, if "Rochdale Football Club has not responded to an invitation to comment" is how they are going to address this (from the link posted on the last page), that's p1ss poor.

Let's see what if anything they say to DA's e-mail, but I don't think this is going to end well for anyone.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:30 - May 3 with 2680 viewsnordenblue

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:12 - May 3 by mightydale

Reading this shit I thought I was on fcuking Mong central for a minute get a grip ffs

What do I need to "get a grip ffs" for,explain yourself rather than shouting your mouth off like a spoilt brat?
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:30 - May 3 with 2677 viewsTalkingSutty

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:17 - May 3 by SandyDrum

Mate, it's 9am.
Get yourself some Weetabix and a coffee and have a day off.

I'm fine pal,it's the outrage of certain others that i find amusing. Is this decision going to seriously damage Eden? I would suggest not, he will go on to bigger and better things.

Let's have it right , it's a voluntary tannoy job we're talking about at a lower division football club. It just screams 'Wheel tappers and shunters Social Club', a guy making announcements and playing some records. David is obviously the preferred option by those who make the decisions at the Club, they've made a pigs ear of things but in all honesty is this worth all the screaming and whinging.

Nobody said anything when Hilly brought Holness back to the Club last July, that seemed to have gone completely under the radar. # principals
[Post edited 3 May 2017 9:33]
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:31 - May 3 with 2669 viewsDaleiLama

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:19 - May 3 by ssimp62

The club should have had a statement released as soon as the decision was made, before Eden had the chance to tell his friends and it end up all over here. Or even before Sweetmore had the chance to tell any of his media friends he was staying.

To be honest i'm more bothered about our team for next season, not who reads the teams names out.

I do agree with several comments that if Eden had not been a friend of so many on here there would be none of this.

I'm sure we will hear from the club over the week and then we can just all just on with supporting the team, not the tannoyman.

Plenty on here (myself included) don't know Eden personally.

This has nothing to do with names or personalities either.

It is an issue of right and wrong and the club has done wrong big style. Supporting a club is a choice and if the club continues to do the wrong thing, it will affect support and its supporters. Taken to an extreme, you cannot support something you don't believe in any more.

Speaking personally, my impression is that you'd like to brush this under the carpet, as I'm sure the club would. That will be very, very concerning to a lot of principled people I would imagine.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:40 - May 3 with 2635 viewsD_Alien

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:04 - May 3 by nordenblue

Seems pretty clear that DS is staying in the job next season reading that,don't think legally there's a case to answer to,morally yes but it's nothing rare for a company/club to treat people like that.

Ultimately it seems they chose the best candidate they see fit for the job,it could have been handled differently reading between the lines certainly, but without knowing the full story which only DS and Eden will be privy to its a decision that will more than likely stand....

DS starting next season as tannoyman could - and i say could, not would - be an absolute PR disaster

It was interesting how, last Sunday, before he'd even finished speaking about ' ...and on the referee's whistle there will be a minute's applause" the crowd were already into their applause. Imagine instead if his every pronouncement was met with catcalls and booing?

And who on earth, with any sense of fairness, would turn up at his DJ nights now?

This isn't over by a very long way

Whether Eden were to take up any re-offer would be entirely up to him - at some stage in our lives we have to show that we're our own man (or woman) and whatever he does should be respected. But DS is a busted flush, and commercially the club would be taking a completely unnecessary risk were he to keep the role

He made a mistake in trying for a new life in the Lakes and that's understandable, but in taking back the job his reputation is now lower than zero

[Post edited 3 May 2017 9:47]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:53 - May 3 with 2564 viewsTTNYear

You see, you're another one who is also having tantrums. Yes, you're dead right in suggesting you are stomping harder because he drinks in the Cem and is one of your pals, you sound like a bunch of spoilt brats.If this was anybody else I don't think any of you would be making such a massive issue about it and threatening not to renew season tickets etc and if you're honest with yourself you will admit that. He's a mate and your shouting the loudest.

If you analysed my post you would realise I don't agree with what has happened, it stinks,but it's not the first time supporters have been treated badly. We have unpaid volunteers who do a lot of work for the Club and are insulted and treated like mugs, so I don't see why anybody is so outraged by this. The Club have renaged on their original decision for whatever reason, they shouldn't then be held to ransom regarding withdrawing support of ST purchases over it.

Various Supporters have posted their displeasure over the years regarding a multitude of perceived annoyances relating to the Club and its been noticeable how you and your pals are very quick to patronise them and pat them on the head, belittling the supporters with your Cambridge Forum 'nicknames, so don't start coming the *ucking high almighty and holier than thou', regarding how the Club should treat fans. No doubt your bum chums will come along at some stage and fight your corner for you. The Club have made their decision what are you going to do about it apart from voice your displeasure?

Astonishing, quite astonishing.

You don't think anything can be gained TS, hence your opinion counts for very little at the moment.

I'm actually struggling to the relevance of a Cambridge message board. You need to calm down TS.

What have I done?....more than you but with your attitude that's 'a given'
[Post edited 3 May 2017 9:53]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 10:00 - May 3 with 2514 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bum chums!! Really? We are in 2017

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 10:02 - May 3 with 2492 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 08:28 - May 3 by TTNYear

Ok Sutty, if you have no opinion and think what people are saying is worthless then fine. Why not keep your own council? Let us think we as fans have a modicum of influence. I mean with the attitude in that post, it appears we have none, and we should sit back and have our bellies tickled as one of our own (I mean supporter btw) is shafted.

Let's face it with that attitude we'd have Coleman still in charge ... remind me who went down to the club to have it out with him? Or worse still Keytech Fagin would be at the helm with his imagined money... I wonder who helped unearthed that charleton at the time? Clue for you TS, he's related to Eden.

Are we stamping harder because he drinks in the Cem. Maybe, maybe not, but to me that matters not a jot, and just because he does, doesn't make it any more correct than if he drank in Kirkholt working men's club. He doesn't so it's only right that people are made aware of what's happened. Maybe we should have kept quiet because of the expected backlash to the power hub that is The Cem... I mean ...really?

You sit there pontificating that the Cem is something to do with the ground swell of opinion. A silly opinion in my eyes, but then again you probably think fans have no influence, so what does it matter to you, to be fair.

Kirkholt working men's club has been demolished 😂

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 10:08 - May 3 with 2452 viewsfitzochris

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 10:02 - May 3 by rochdaleriddler

Kirkholt working men's club has been demolished 😂

Who got the snooker tables?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 10:09 - May 3 with 2437 viewsmightydale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:30 - May 3 by nordenblue

What do I need to "get a grip ffs" for,explain yourself rather than shouting your mouth off like a spoilt brat?

Didn't mean you in general meant 99% of people posting complete and utterly bollocks on this thread ( you can class yourself as the 99% if you want) ......
Not getting a season ticket cause the way they've treated Eden Really !!!!!!
The club as really let them self down the way they've handled this even, through we don't know the facts !!!!!!
As for spoil brat think you should look at the posters on this fourm and the people who contacted rochdaleonline

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 10:11 - May 3 with 2434 viewsAtThePeake

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:30 - May 3 by TalkingSutty

I'm fine pal,it's the outrage of certain others that i find amusing. Is this decision going to seriously damage Eden? I would suggest not, he will go on to bigger and better things.

Let's have it right , it's a voluntary tannoy job we're talking about at a lower division football club. It just screams 'Wheel tappers and shunters Social Club', a guy making announcements and playing some records. David is obviously the preferred option by those who make the decisions at the Club, they've made a pigs ear of things but in all honesty is this worth all the screaming and whinging.

Nobody said anything when Hilly brought Holness back to the Club last July, that seemed to have gone completely under the radar. # principals
[Post edited 3 May 2017 9:33]

Had we promised a job to somebody else only to do them over when bringing Holness back?

No, so what a ridiculous comparison.

Tangled up in blue.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 10:18 - May 3 with 2389 viewsThacks_Rabbits

The last time a D.S. caused so much trouble We had signed Paul Williams and Matt Dickens, Trevor Snowden was the new gazza and if united offered schmichel for rose we would want cash as well. Not sure sweetmore is up to his level for bullshit but time will tell.

Continuing the theme. Every club needs an Eden Bearshaw and similar fans. Not sure any club needs a Dave sweetmore!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 10:43 - May 3 with 2287 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:19 - May 3 by ssimp62

I am not friends with Eden. I notice you have not responded to my post that the club did not have any such meeting with Eden as Sweetmore claims. Why has he said that when it is not true?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 10:43 - May 3 with 2291 viewsRAFCBLUE

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 08:09 - May 3 by 442Dale

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/4/sport-news/109797/rochdale-foot

"Dave Sweetmore said: "It's a great pleasure to confirm I will be continuing my role at Rochdale Football Club.

"Offers from other clubs were made when I returned to Rochdale but I knew the Dale was where I belonged.

"I've spent almost half of my life here and when the management at Dale knew I was staying in the area, it was a privilege to be told they wanted me to remain in my role.

"Eden, who was due to replace me, was asked to work alongside me on my return but made the decision to remain as a fan in the stands, which myself and the club respect. "

Did I miss something - DS now is an official spokesperson of the club and breaking news that the club control?

I don't know either of the people here BTW but it appears to me that the spinning of the "news" isn't actually news in what are two contradictory versions of events and post a clear club announcement.

As is the comment about the new lad (Eden) who has "made the decision to remain in the stands" seems to contradict the other versions on here. Particularly when the lad himself comments in the article and says he doesn't want to comment!

In every way a complete and utter balls-up that was completely unnecessary at a time where we are trying to sell season tickets.

Rule 1 of PR is don't shoot yourself in the foot. On this topic we're practically legless!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:43 - May 3 with 2108 viewsnordenblue

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 10:09 - May 3 by mightydale

Didn't mean you in general meant 99% of people posting complete and utterly bollocks on this thread ( you can class yourself as the 99% if you want) ......
Not getting a season ticket cause the way they've treated Eden Really !!!!!!
The club as really let them self down the way they've handled this even, through we don't know the facts !!!!!!
As for spoil brat think you should look at the posters on this fourm and the people who contacted rochdaleonline

With you replying to my post I thought it was a reply to my specific post,silly me.....I'm guessing reading between the lines you share the same opinion as I do on this, just a strange way of putting it forward
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:50 - May 3 with 2074 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 10:08 - May 3 by fitzochris

Who got the snooker tables?

Converted into homes for midgets

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:51 - May 3 with 2073 viewssteofthedale

I know neither DS or Eden.

Living in Liverpool I have frequent discussions regarding my support for Dale.

I often comment upon the ethos of the club, living within its means and valuing the small, loyal, faithful support.

From the available information I am left feeling saddened and disappointed by the manner in which this has been handled by RAFC.

I will buy a season ticket.
I will turn up next season to support the team.

I don't care particularly about the music or announcements, but my belief that there is an intrinsic honesty and morality underpinning the running of the club has been dealt a significant blow.

steofthedale*

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:52 - May 3 with 2066 viewsnordenblue

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:40 - May 3 by D_Alien

DS starting next season as tannoyman could - and i say could, not would - be an absolute PR disaster

It was interesting how, last Sunday, before he'd even finished speaking about ' ...and on the referee's whistle there will be a minute's applause" the crowd were already into their applause. Imagine instead if his every pronouncement was met with catcalls and booing?

And who on earth, with any sense of fairness, would turn up at his DJ nights now?

This isn't over by a very long way

Whether Eden were to take up any re-offer would be entirely up to him - at some stage in our lives we have to show that we're our own man (or woman) and whatever he does should be respected. But DS is a busted flush, and commercially the club would be taking a completely unnecessary risk were he to keep the role

He made a mistake in trying for a new life in the Lakes and that's understandable, but in taking back the job his reputation is now lower than zero

[Post edited 3 May 2017 9:47]

Why would people boo his every announcement that's worse than incredibly petty and childish,people can make noise and voice displeasure for sure and I see the reasoning behind it,all the "not buying" a season ticket brigade is pretty laughable.

If DS took the job when asked by the club,the same job he's done very well for donkeys years, then that is their prerogative who they want to do it in all honesty.... people keep mentioning principles etc etc I'm afraid they went out the window decades ago..

Not directed at you DAlien btw,but some on here demand a club statement if Hilly farts in the wrong direction
[Post edited 3 May 2017 12:03]
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:57 - May 3 with 2036 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:51 - May 3 by steofthedale

I know neither DS or Eden.

Living in Liverpool I have frequent discussions regarding my support for Dale.

I often comment upon the ethos of the club, living within its means and valuing the small, loyal, faithful support.

From the available information I am left feeling saddened and disappointed by the manner in which this has been handled by RAFC.

I will buy a season ticket.
I will turn up next season to support the team.

I don't care particularly about the music or announcements, but my belief that there is an intrinsic honesty and morality underpinning the running of the club has been dealt a significant blow.

Absolutely. Oh and fix the 1950's sound system

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 12:07 - May 3 with 2003 viewsTalkingSutty

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 10:00 - May 3 by rochdaleriddler

Bum chums!! Really? We are in 2017

Apologies for that it was the first phrase that sprung to mind. Lowering myself to other peoples level with that one. Anyway, the decisions been made time to move on even if we don't agree with it.
To quote a fellow poster on this forum when he attempted to difuse another famous shitstorm...'Words, its only words'😉👍

Enjoy the close season.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 12:08 - May 3 with 1999 viewsfitzochris

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 11:52 - May 3 by nordenblue

Why would people boo his every announcement that's worse than incredibly petty and childish,people can make noise and voice displeasure for sure and I see the reasoning behind it,all the "not buying" a season ticket brigade is pretty laughable.

If DS took the job when asked by the club,the same job he's done very well for donkeys years, then that is their prerogative who they want to do it in all honesty.... people keep mentioning principles etc etc I'm afraid they went out the window decades ago..

Not directed at you DAlien btw,but some on here demand a club statement if Hilly farts in the wrong direction
[Post edited 3 May 2017 12:03]

I have to disagree, I’m afraid, Nordenblue.

Principles haven’t gone out of the window, it’s just that some people or institutions have low ones or none at all.

While this may not be a legal issue (and I’m still not sure about that), it is certainly a moral one. I can make that statement being in possession of only the fewest of facts, too.

Should a football club have morals or principles? Well, if it is pitched as a community institution then it bloody well should, yes. We expect players to be role models for the younger generations, so why should the club that employs them be exempt from that?

As for the constant clamour for statements, I gave up commenting on the club’s media strategy after the whole Calvin Andrew incident. A similar thing has happened here. The lack of a pre-emptive official club statement has led to a media outlet running a negative article. The fact that a club employee (volunteer or not) is quoted in the article makes it even more bewildering.

Whatever anyone on here, or at the club, thinks about this situation, nobody can deny that the Rochdale Online article is very damaging from a club perception point of view.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 12:18 - May 3 with 1946 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 12:07 - May 3 by TalkingSutty

Apologies for that it was the first phrase that sprung to mind. Lowering myself to other peoples level with that one. Anyway, the decisions been made time to move on even if we don't agree with it.
To quote a fellow poster on this forum when he attempted to difuse another famous shitstorm...'Words, its only words'😉👍

Enjoy the close season.

No, it's YOUR level. YOU wrote it.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024