Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner 22:51 - May 29 with 10396 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:42 - May 30 with 908 viewsessextaxiboy

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:25 - May 30 by johncharles

What's the extreme left wing got to do with the Labour Party in this election ? Or should we bring in the extreme right wing to balance the debate ? A few white supremacists or some holocost deniers ?
[Post edited 30 May 2017 14:26]

The communist party are not fielding any candidates . Guess who they are backing ? Its not UKIP ...
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:45 - May 30 with 897 viewsstowmarketrange

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:40 - May 30 by essextaxiboy

No one expects him to memorise it , but honestly wouldnt you have some easy to read crib sheets prepared ? . It reinforces the view that the cost of things are unimportant to Labour

They are so important to the tories that they don't even mention any in their manifesto.
"Elect us and we'll tell how much it's going to hurt once we've decided."
Strong and stable my ar@e.
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:45 - May 30 with 897 viewsessextaxiboy

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:38 - May 30 by DannytheR

Ha, good spot. My spelling does get peculiar. That's a state education under Thatcher for you.
[Post edited 30 May 2017 14:39]

Just a typo mate , made me smile tho ..
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:47 - May 30 with 892 views2Thomas2Bowles

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:42 - May 30 by essextaxiboy

The communist party are not fielding any candidates . Guess who they are backing ? Its not UKIP ...

You are sounding more like May everyday and about as useless in a debate

Oh she won't do a live debate

Just tracked your IP tory headquarters

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:47 - May 30 with 892 viewsessextaxiboy

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:45 - May 30 by stowmarketrange

They are so important to the tories that they don't even mention any in their manifesto.
"Elect us and we'll tell how much it's going to hurt once we've decided."
Strong and stable my ar@e.

Maybe its because Labour have form with the pursestrings ?
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:50 - May 30 with 883 viewsessextaxiboy

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:47 - May 30 by 2Thomas2Bowles

You are sounding more like May everyday and about as useless in a debate

Oh she won't do a live debate

Just tracked your IP tory headquarters

Thats odd , I am waiting for passengers outside a hospice in Harrow ?
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:54 - May 30 with 865 views2Thomas2Bowles

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:50 - May 30 by essextaxiboy

Thats odd , I am waiting for passengers outside a hospice in Harrow ?

[Post edited 30 May 2017 15:26]

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:58 - May 30 with 851 viewsstowmarketrange

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:47 - May 30 by essextaxiboy

Maybe its because Labour have form with the pursestrings ?

So why can't they give us any figures?Or maybe if they tell us the truth they wouldn't get elected?
Login to get fewer ads

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:59 - May 30 with 851 viewsJamesB1979

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:37 - May 30 by stowmarketrange

So where is your evidence about extreme left wingers wanting what you're saying then?

Stateless society is a view of some on the extreme left. It's a political theory. Marxists believe states exist because classes exist, not the other way around. In order to transition to a stateless society, you first abolish classes (or make 1 class) and then ultimately the state.
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:01 - May 30 with 840 viewsessextaxiboy

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:58 - May 30 by stowmarketrange

So why can't they give us any figures?Or maybe if they tell us the truth they wouldn't get elected?

They are running on an austerity , deficit reducing ticket . They can hardly be accused of throwing cash around can they ?
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:01 - May 30 with 840 viewsstowmarketrange

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:59 - May 30 by JamesB1979

Stateless society is a view of some on the extreme left. It's a political theory. Marxists believe states exist because classes exist, not the other way around. In order to transition to a stateless society, you first abolish classes (or make 1 class) and then ultimately the state.

Only some.You just tarred everyone with the same brush and now it's only some.
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:02 - May 30 with 837 viewsstowmarketrange

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:01 - May 30 by essextaxiboy

They are running on an austerity , deficit reducing ticket . They can hardly be accused of throwing cash around can they ?

So do they know the figures or not?
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:07 - May 30 with 810 viewsJamesB1979

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:01 - May 30 by stowmarketrange

Only some.You just tarred everyone with the same brush and now it's only some.

That depends on what your view of extreme left is. If you don't hold the classless and stateless society view, then I wouldn't classify you as extreme left. Though if you feel very left wing, surprised you have not come across people with the viewpoint I mentioned.
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:09 - May 30 with 796 viewsstowmarketrange

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:07 - May 30 by JamesB1979

That depends on what your view of extreme left is. If you don't hold the classless and stateless society view, then I wouldn't classify you as extreme left. Though if you feel very left wing, surprised you have not come across people with the viewpoint I mentioned.

There isn't many of us up here and they've closed the only Marxist,Leninist pub in our village.
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:12 - May 30 with 792 views2Thomas2Bowles

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:02 - May 30 by stowmarketrange

So do they know the figures or not?

Whatever they are just triple it like their numbers for bringing down immigrants

Below 100K reality 300K PA

The only numbers they know are in cuts in spending to the NHS , education, the poor and the housing.

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:18 - May 30 with 771 viewshoof_hearted

From the Guardian report on the (accepted by all parties as independent) Institute of Fiscal Studies:-

“The shame of the two big parties’ manifestos is that neither sets out an honest set of choices. Neither addresses the long-term challenges we face. For Labour, we can have pretty much everything — free higher education, free childcare, more spending on pay, health, infrastructure,” he said.

“And the pretence is that can all be funded by faceless corporations and ‘the rich’. The case [for higher taxes] needs to be made with honesty about what it would mean for tax payments, not pretending that everything can be paid for by ‘someone else’.”

Turning to the Tory plans, he criticised the Tories for proposing five more years of austerity that were unlikely to be “deliverable”. Emmerson said a Tory government would be forced to either pull back on spending cuts or increase taxes to prevent further cuts in the NHS and schools from hitting services."

So the neutral experts conclusion is that both sides a full of Sh1t.

My conclusion is that I would rather the conservatives couldn't go through with the cuts than Labour spend huge amounts of our (because there is no public) money on services which they would have to cut when the money fails to materialise. This nothing new. We've seen it all before. Even prudent Gordon Brown left a note saying "there's no more money in the Treasury". I doubt they will be able to afford the pen to write the note when McDonnell's finished.

Surely it is no coincidence that the Tories always take over a skint country with failing services, do horrible things and then hand back a nice clean slate for Labour to wreck again? It kind of works if they bounce between right of centre and left of centre but the potential swing to the hard left this time would be a disaster for the very people it purports to help. And it will be a swing to the hard left - much further than the manifesto suggests. Momentum haven't been wasting all this effort to see a bit of tinkering.
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:23 - May 30 with 762 viewshoof_hearted

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:54 - May 30 by 2Thomas2Bowles

[Post edited 30 May 2017 15:26]

Really? Come on, mate. Keep it civil. Go back and edit it and then I'll happily look a tit on your behalf
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:27 - May 30 with 751 viewshoof_hearted

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:12 - May 30 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Whatever they are just triple it like their numbers for bringing down immigrants

Below 100K reality 300K PA

The only numbers they know are in cuts in spending to the NHS , education, the poor and the housing.

175k non EU was the figure last night 240K I think, including EU. So not 300k by anyone's reckoning. It did seem stupid saying 100,000 maximum when we had no control over the EU numbers but then when she said it twice more?? She does some odd things and I wish she wasn't my only option but Labour have Corbyn and McDonnell which makes it much too risky to vote for them this time.
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:27 - May 30 with 750 views2Thomas2Bowles

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:23 - May 30 by hoof_hearted

Really? Come on, mate. Keep it civil. Go back and edit it and then I'll happily look a tit on your behalf

Just for you as you've been a tit for awhile now

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:37 - May 30 with 727 viewshoof_hearted

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:27 - May 30 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Just for you as you've been a tit for awhile now

FFS I took a double whammy there
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:42 - May 30 with 715 views2Thomas2Bowles

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:37 - May 30 by hoof_hearted

FFS I took a double whammy there

I thought it was Essex ...

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:56 - May 30 with 685 views2Thomas2Bowles

I think he has answered this clearly and sensibly and with the costs that the Tories never talk about

Corbyn apologises for childcare policy stumble

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-2017-40091449?ns_mchannel=social&ns_sour

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:57 - May 30 with 681 viewsDannytheR

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 15:18 - May 30 by hoof_hearted

From the Guardian report on the (accepted by all parties as independent) Institute of Fiscal Studies:-

“The shame of the two big parties’ manifestos is that neither sets out an honest set of choices. Neither addresses the long-term challenges we face. For Labour, we can have pretty much everything — free higher education, free childcare, more spending on pay, health, infrastructure,” he said.

“And the pretence is that can all be funded by faceless corporations and ‘the rich’. The case [for higher taxes] needs to be made with honesty about what it would mean for tax payments, not pretending that everything can be paid for by ‘someone else’.”

Turning to the Tory plans, he criticised the Tories for proposing five more years of austerity that were unlikely to be “deliverable”. Emmerson said a Tory government would be forced to either pull back on spending cuts or increase taxes to prevent further cuts in the NHS and schools from hitting services."

So the neutral experts conclusion is that both sides a full of Sh1t.

My conclusion is that I would rather the conservatives couldn't go through with the cuts than Labour spend huge amounts of our (because there is no public) money on services which they would have to cut when the money fails to materialise. This nothing new. We've seen it all before. Even prudent Gordon Brown left a note saying "there's no more money in the Treasury". I doubt they will be able to afford the pen to write the note when McDonnell's finished.

Surely it is no coincidence that the Tories always take over a skint country with failing services, do horrible things and then hand back a nice clean slate for Labour to wreck again? It kind of works if they bounce between right of centre and left of centre but the potential swing to the hard left this time would be a disaster for the very people it purports to help. And it will be a swing to the hard left - much further than the manifesto suggests. Momentum haven't been wasting all this effort to see a bit of tinkering.

So your gamble is that a party which has forced through unprecedented cuts to schools, hospitals and all aspects of British infrastructure over the last seven years will then stop once they have another (presumably increased) electoral majority?

And that's one you would rather take than seeing those same schools and hospitals properly funded?

You talk about "a disaster for the very people it purports to help." Have you ever been to a food bank? Have you seen the reports about the rises in suicide and mental breakdowns caused by Fit-To-Work tests and benefit sanctions? Did you read about the primary school in Tooting where they can't afford a cleaner so the children are cleaning their own classrooms?

Mate, the disaster is already here. Just because you're doing all right doesn't mean the country is.

And this idea of the Tories as the models of financial probity is just a myth. I had a friend who worked in the Treasury in 2010, when the Tories had just come in as part of the coalition. She said the first thing they did was present the civil servants with what they had sold to the public as a much needed austerity programme, and ask them to calculate what it would actually do to the economy. The Whitehall lot were confused, until it became clear the plans were what they always intended to do to "the state" with austerity as the pretext - the economic fall out for ordinary people was an afterthought.

I was anything but a supporter of Blair or Brown, but the economy was wrecked in 2010 because of the global financial crisis that left Ireland covered in abandoned half-built luxury flats, Greek pensioners foraging in rubbish bins and whole towns in America unemployed. Even then, services weren't "failing" here - this simply isn't true. Which public services were "failing" in 2010? And now? Have you tried to use a Southern Rail train lately? Or get a doctors appointment?

This was true in the past as well. Do you not remember what the Tories did to the economy - and to people's lives - in the 90s? My best mate at the time had to move out of his childhood home because his parents got behind on the mortgage when interest rates were at 15% and lost the lot. Go on, tell him about how financially irresponsible the Labour party are.

And you think what Labour would inherit now is a "nice clean slate"?

I'm sorry, I know you keep trying to present your electoral preference as just common sense and middle of the road, but all it reads as is I'm All Right, Jack.
[Post edited 30 May 2017 16:06]
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 16:01 - May 30 with 670 viewsjohncharles

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:42 - May 30 by essextaxiboy

In areas where the National Front are not fielding candidates, who do you think their supporters will voting for ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 16:47 - May 30 with 588 views2Thomas2Bowles

Lets see what the Torie darling for the last few years Osborne has to say

Tory manifesto "the most disastrous in recent history

An abortive attempt to launch a personality cult around Theresa May

May. Honey, I shrunk the poll lead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024