Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner 22:51 - May 29 with 10425 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 13:59 - May 30 with 787 viewsJamesB1979

I think the party that is seen to be most middle of the road (in political terms) tends to get in power if you look at recent elections. Perception (rightly or wrongly) seems to be that Labour is more left wing, than Tories are right wing. Whilst the majority of the Labour party members are left wing, I don't believe that will ever get them elected. They need to be closer to the centre to get elected. They are missing a trick too as I think May is not the strongest leader the Tories have had in recent times.
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:02 - May 30 with 771 viewsJamesB1979

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 13:55 - May 30 by essextaxiboy

Corbyn has just bombed out on Womens Hour , I tuned in to find out how Labour would increase funding to schools as Danny suggested I did .. turns out the leader of Labout didnt know either ..Female interviewer now sufffering anti semitic abuse on Twitter .

Reaction to the interviewer is ridiculous. She was asking a simple question on an issue he was meant to be speaking about today. I do think Abbott was given a hard time about her interview but after that, Corbyn should have been all over his numbers.
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:03 - May 30 with 764 viewsJamesB1979

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 13:51 - May 30 by DannytheR

Strange that he'd have a particular problem with Rupa Huq as well.
[Post edited 30 May 2017 13:52]

So he's racist because he's making a point you disagree with?
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:05 - May 30 with 754 viewsDannytheR

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:03 - May 30 by JamesB1979

So he's racist because he's making a point you disagree with?

And what point was that? That Ealing Labour party hate Britain?
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:07 - May 30 with 741 viewsToast_R

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 10:13 - May 30 by davman

...and there goes my point flying way over your head. This should not be about Corbyn v May, it is their parties' manifesto.

Corbyn is a clown because he believes that if we disarm, the nasty boys in the world's playground will start playing nicely with us. If we stop intervening in the Middle East, terrorist attacks in our homeland will miraculously stop. We treat everyone with openness and trust because the they will do the same to us. That's going to happen, isn'T it?

May is not a leader in my opinion and her party's campaign is pitiful in that I see nothing of it on Social Media. But their strategy to cope with the global crash 5 or so years ago appears to have been spot on, whereas Labour would have taken us down a different path.

Neither fills me with any confidence to be honest.

Face it, all the words are bollocks as there won't really be that much difference whoever wins.

We should stop intervening in the Middle East.
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:08 - May 30 with 740 viewsstowmarketrange

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 13:37 - May 30 by DannytheR

And with Chinese and Russian money now owning huge swathes of the most valuable property in London, of course.

And that helps who is this country?
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:09 - May 30 with 733 viewsessextaxiboy

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 13:56 - May 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Corbyn forgest his figures and May doesn't know in the first place.

According to the transcript he was incapable of looking them up either , he was only there to talk about the policy after all , who would have thought she would ask that ? . The June 8th front pages rap sheet are being constructed llne by line I reckon .
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:11 - May 30 with 725 viewsDannytheR

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:08 - May 30 by stowmarketrange

And that helps who is this country?

Well, exactly. The most valuable assets in the country - land and infrastructure - have been sold off to foreign owned private companies and state enterprises, while we've been encouraged to look the other way. Massive sleight of hand.
Login to get fewer ads

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:15 - May 30 with 717 viewsstowmarketrange

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:11 - May 30 by DannytheR

Well, exactly. The most valuable assets in the country - land and infrastructure - have been sold off to foreign owned private companies and state enterprises, while we've been encouraged to look the other way. Massive sleight of hand.

Most European countries have their transport systems subsidised by profits from ours.
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:16 - May 30 with 715 viewsJamesB1979

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:05 - May 30 by DannytheR

And what point was that? That Ealing Labour party hate Britain?

Well the extreme Left wing don't really believe in idea of "countries" and would almost want the world to be "borderless". Point was aimed, I think, at the perceived Labour party left wing stance rather than the candidate. Given this is a QPR messageboard, I think Ealing Labour party is reasonably relevant.
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:18 - May 30 with 702 viewsessextaxiboy

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 13:59 - May 30 by DannytheR

But you could have just read about that in the manifesto, essex. It's all in there and it's all costed.

Could you let me know where I can find the costings the Tories have put out? I keep looking but I can't find them anywhere, and Theresa May seems strangely unable to help.
[Post edited 30 May 2017 13:59]

You miss the point , he was there to talk about the policy .To convince concerned parents , to sell the plans and to get votes . He was completely unprepared .
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:19 - May 30 with 701 viewspaulparker

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 13:15 - May 30 by DannytheR

You just said the country's a mess, and pretty much everything you post is about all the different sorts of people living in it who give you the hump.

do I ? who have I said that gives me the hump apart from people who want to maim and kill innocents ? you have me down as a tommy robinson type EDL follower which is fair enough that's your opinion , im like most normal blokes because at the end of the day I just want what's best for me & my family , I want to be a pound better off and to make sure people around me are safe & have a future

il give you the reasons why imho that a vote for corbyn is a bad thing , you can then coat me off or call me a kunt or whatever you want to do

il ask you a question , do you not think the country is a mess at the moment because I do ?
the NHS is in crisis , schooling is a mess, young kids trying to get on the housing ladder is a joke, crime is spiralling, and we have an immediate terror threat in this country

do I think may and the conservatives are any good, no I don't , ive never voted tory
I watched my parents destroy themselves trying to keep a roof over their heads whilst interest rates were about 12-15% in the early 90s , a tory government helped create that situation , as well as the poll tax and the closures of hospitals , that party would never represent me

back in 1997 I voted labour , I was young and got caught up in cool Britannia etc and thought blair would be breath of fresh air, I thought things would get better ( as the slogan told us it would) it was time for a change , in the short term things were a little better ,
as time went on I never felt more frustrated and more of a disconnection with how things were going , immigration was high, crime was on the rise, the benefit culture was getting silly & blair and his mates like maddleson were on the take , we were involved with bush, we started an illegal war that no one wanted , brown was no better either this government & the labour party exhumed arrogance

the big question is do I think corbyn is any good, do I think he will help the current situation , the answer is no, I find him weak, I don't think he would stand up for the average British man , I don't think he would have our interests , I wouldn't trust him one iota with immigration I think we will be flooded with more refugees I don't believe him about getting tough on crime and tough with radical islamists
would I trust corbyn to deal with brexit negotiations no I wouldn't , I would trust may with it more and that's the honest truth
I don't like Dianne abbott and I don't like the sneering Emily thornberry , why would I vote for those people to help lead this country ,

you and me will argue until the cows come home , but Il dispel a myth for you, Im like you I have no problem with people coming here from whatever parts of the world who want a better life , who want to work hard and integrate into our society and like wise we learn and integrate into different cultures, which is why I want a party who represents these people , which sadly is not tory or labour

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:21 - May 30 with 689 viewsDannytheR

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:16 - May 30 by JamesB1979

Well the extreme Left wing don't really believe in idea of "countries" and would almost want the world to be "borderless". Point was aimed, I think, at the perceived Labour party left wing stance rather than the candidate. Given this is a QPR messageboard, I think Ealing Labour party is reasonably relevant.

"Point was aimed, I think..."

And I think we'll leave it there.
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:21 - May 30 with 684 viewsstowmarketrange

What a load of bullocks.Well this one doesn't.
That means that most extreme right wingers support Hitler and his aims then?
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:25 - May 30 with 667 viewsjohncharles

What's the extreme left wing got to do with the Labour Party in this election ? Or should we bring in the extreme right wing to balance the debate ? A few white supremacists or some holocost deniers ?
[Post edited 30 May 2017 14:26]

Strong and stable my arse.

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:27 - May 30 with 654 viewsDannytheR

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:18 - May 30 by essextaxiboy

You miss the point , he was there to talk about the policy .To convince concerned parents , to sell the plans and to get votes . He was completely unprepared .

No, I get it, I can see why in the middle of a campaign this embarrassingly bad you would be jumping up and down like it was the Cup final at Corbyn fluffing his lines. But let's at least remember the context here - unlike your girl, he actually does interviews.

And for underpreparation, I still think he has some way to go before he can top Michael Fallon accidentally telling Channel 4 that Boris Johnson is an apologist for terrorism.

My point is that the Labour costings actually exist, and that as a "concerned parent" I'd already seen enough (including the actual manifesto) to sell them to me. For most of us concerned parents, with kids like mine actually at state schools now, JC losing his trousers on Woman's Hour isn't really here or there.
[Post edited 30 May 2017 14:32]
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:32 - May 30 with 633 views2Thomas2Bowles

The only numbers in the Tory Manifesto are the page numbers

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:34 - May 30 with 629 viewsessextaxiboy

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:27 - May 30 by DannytheR

No, I get it, I can see why in the middle of a campaign this embarrassingly bad you would be jumping up and down like it was the Cup final at Corbyn fluffing his lines. But let's at least remember the context here - unlike your girl, he actually does interviews.

And for underpreparation, I still think he has some way to go before he can top Michael Fallon accidentally telling Channel 4 that Boris Johnson is an apologist for terrorism.

My point is that the Labour costings actually exist, and that as a "concerned parent" I'd already seen enough (including the actual manifesto) to sell them to me. For most of us concerned parents, with kids like mine actually at state schools now, JC losing his trousers on Woman's Hour isn't really here or there.
[Post edited 30 May 2017 14:32]

Did you type "fluffing his lies " on purpose or have those Tories got predictive text in their evil clutches ....

That pesky "post edited " eh ?
[Post edited 30 May 2017 14:36]
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:34 - May 30 with 629 viewsFDC

Not being able to recall numbers on a policy on the spot doesn't make it a bad policy. We're looking for a prime minister, not a robot.

This daft 'gotcha' journalism isn't particularly helpful to be honest, and the editorialising of the news done regularly by all the broadcasters now has become normal without much comment.
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:35 - May 30 with 621 viewsJamesB1979

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:21 - May 30 by stowmarketrange

What a load of bullocks.Well this one doesn't.
That means that most extreme right wingers support Hitler and his aims then?

Well if you're classified as extreme right then you certainly would be close to Hitlers views if not his actions.
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:37 - May 30 with 611 viewsJamesB1979

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:25 - May 30 by johncharles

What's the extreme left wing got to do with the Labour Party in this election ? Or should we bring in the extreme right wing to balance the debate ? A few white supremacists or some holocost deniers ?
[Post edited 30 May 2017 14:26]

Yeah fair point. An ill -thought through post on my part.
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:37 - May 30 with 608 viewsstowmarketrange

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:35 - May 30 by JamesB1979

Well if you're classified as extreme right then you certainly would be close to Hitlers views if not his actions.

So where is your evidence about extreme left wingers wanting what you're saying then?
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:38 - May 30 with 605 viewsDannytheR

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:34 - May 30 by essextaxiboy

Did you type "fluffing his lies " on purpose or have those Tories got predictive text in their evil clutches ....

That pesky "post edited " eh ?
[Post edited 30 May 2017 14:36]

Ha, good spot. My spelling does get peculiar. That's a state education under Thatcher for you.
[Post edited 30 May 2017 14:39]
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:40 - May 30 with 598 viewsessextaxiboy

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:34 - May 30 by FDC

Not being able to recall numbers on a policy on the spot doesn't make it a bad policy. We're looking for a prime minister, not a robot.

This daft 'gotcha' journalism isn't particularly helpful to be honest, and the editorialising of the news done regularly by all the broadcasters now has become normal without much comment.

No one expects him to memorise it , but honestly wouldnt you have some easy to read crib sheets prepared ? . It reinforces the view that the cost of things are unimportant to Labour
Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:42 - May 30 with 577 viewsDannytheR

Battle For Number Ten (Channel Four) Winner on 14:40 - May 30 by essextaxiboy

No one expects him to memorise it , but honestly wouldnt you have some easy to read crib sheets prepared ? . It reinforces the view that the cost of things are unimportant to Labour

Whereas the Tories reluctance to talk about the NHS or schools reinforces the view those things are unimportant to them.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024