Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defenders 08:02 - Jul 12 with 3072 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Like a lot of folks, I've felt three decent defenders were what's needed at the end of last season.

Even if AS leaves, we're still solid betwixt the sticks. Midfield looks decent enough, some options at least, albeit that you'd like to see some more goals from that department. Forwards, do look light, but as we all seem to agree, play them in the right positions would help. But perhaps another, ideally a lucky-arse fox in the box type, if one can be sourced at a reasonable price. Tricky I know!

Its the defence I'm more worried about. Any team that does well, has a solid defence and we don't. I know Caulker is not training with the First XI, but as we've still got him for a year, I'm not so sure I wouldn't have tried to get some game out of him. Looked reasonable before it all went haywire last October time and we'll struggle to offload if he's in the stiffs.

Everything that needs to be said about the rest of them, has been said, but any news on whether reinforcements are coming soon? I read about some Watford loanee and another chap from t'Barnsley, but it would be good to get them in and integrated sharpish!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Defenders on 14:39 - Jul 12 with 775 viewsvegasranger

Defenders on 12:05 - Jul 12 by bob566

that's a good point. We're getting loads of excitement now and people aren't happy.

What excitement exactly? Do you mean flirting with relegation/ Cause the football was dire.
Defenders on 14:42 - Jul 12 with 772 viewsvegasranger

Defenders on 13:24 - Jul 12 by simmo

So much nonsense it's hard to decipher.

Personally I think we need a CB and a Striker. That's it in terms of actual NEED, because we're extremely light in both those areas. We have 2 in every position except those 2 areas (where you need 4).

GK: Smithies, Ingram
RB: Furlong, Perch
CB: Chief, Hall, Lynch
LB: Bidwell, Robinson
RM: Wzsolek, Mackie, (Petrasso)
CM: Cousins, Manning, Luongo, Freeman, Goss, (Eze), Shit lad from Barnsley
LM: Ngbokoto, Shodipo
ST: Wash, Smith, Sylla, (RGC)

The rest we can cover with youth, but another CB and a striker is priority, everything else a bonus, depending on how we're going to set up of course...

RB looks very poor. CB light. LM non existent. ST poor.
Defenders on 15:05 - Jul 12 with 747 viewsDando

No matter how many players we buy, and who they are - if we continue to change the side every time we play, we will just create another mess, simple as that.

Its got to the point where most of us can agree who should be playing, and in what position - however from game to game we have absolutely no idea who will play. Sign last year were that we were completely over thinking things instead of just picking the best 11, and form players.

Instead, players look like they dont know their roles, and dont know if they will keep their place in the team no matter how well they play. This may make it hard for opponents to predict, but also means our own side dont know either. This cant help confidence or motivation or improve form.

Lets hope last year was simply a case of trying things out before the end of the season, and not a sign that this is going to be the norm from now on. Need a settled side week in week out, and for players to only play out of position if down to injuries etc
Defenders on 15:18 - Jul 12 with 724 viewspaulparker

Defenders on 14:42 - Jul 12 by vegasranger

Agree I cannot believe people think Perch is a fullback or actually come to think of it a professional footballer ,
we are also crying out for a playmaker we are seriously lacking creativity

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Defenders on 15:24 - Jul 12 with 715 viewsbob566

Defenders on 14:39 - Jul 12 by vegasranger

What excitement exactly? Do you mean flirting with relegation/ Cause the football was dire.

only one 0-0 all season.
Defenders on 15:57 - Jul 12 with 681 viewsAntti_Heinola

Defenders on 15:18 - Jul 12 by paulparker

Agree I cannot believe people think Perch is a fullback or actually come to think of it a professional footballer ,
we are also crying out for a playmaker we are seriously lacking creativity

Christ mate, we're crying out for an RB, two CBs, two strikers, a left sided attacker and now a playmaker too?
This ain't going to happen. Surely that's Freeman's job anyway?
Agree with the sentiment, though. Going to be a long, long season. Genuinely think we'll be bottom 5.

Bare bones.

Defenders on 16:21 - Jul 12 with 650 viewssimmo

Defenders on 14:42 - Jul 12 by vegasranger

Loads of it looks poor, but what are we supposed to do? Have you seen the money flying about? We have to make do with what we have in most areas and use the limited funds we will have to focus on the parts of the team that need additions the most. Striker and CB. At least that way even if the players we have are bang average, at least they will be playing in their best positions should there be injuries/suspensions, etc.

In an ideal world we would get a CB, a RB, a Playmaker, a LW and a Striker. But we can't do that so we need to give the players we have bought a chance and plug the gaps with youth.

As above it looks like a long, hard season but I maintain that I still prefer to support an honest bunch of shit players than a collection of unflushable mercenary turds.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Defenders on 16:25 - Jul 12 with 645 viewsNorthernr

Perch has played well at left back and for us, he played well in midfield for Wigan, he looks awful at right back, why do we keep using him at right back?

This is what I mean about QPR needing to work with what they've got more.

We have a player here who looked got at his previous club as part of a back three or in midfield, and has looked good for us at left back. We repeatedly use him at right back where he looks poor. Now another club and/or set of supporters might look at that and think "ok, let's give him a run at left back or in midfield". At QPR we look at it and say things like "he's the worst footballer I've ever seen" and very angrily and aggressively say we must get rid of him immediately and sign another player for some more money. This part of the reason why we end up every pre-season tour with 10-20-30% of our pay roll left out of the touring party and sitting at home doing nothing.

We can't afford the transfer fees that are going around at the moment and we need to improve. One thing that would help is looking for marginal gains in what we've already got. Lynch, Bidwell and Perch have all played far better for other clubs than they have done for us. If we can find out why that is and correct it, that's three marginal gains on last season already. Instead we're still of a mindset of "fck him off to Forest, get somebody else in".

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Defenders on 16:32 - Jul 12 with 632 viewsTacticalR

Never mind marginal gains, we just need to pursue the eternal quest for the right sort.

Air hostess clique

Defenders on 18:03 - Jul 12 with 586 viewsloneranger1

Defenders on 16:21 - Jul 12 by simmo

Loads of it looks poor, but what are we supposed to do? Have you seen the money flying about? We have to make do with what we have in most areas and use the limited funds we will have to focus on the parts of the team that need additions the most. Striker and CB. At least that way even if the players we have are bang average, at least they will be playing in their best positions should there be injuries/suspensions, etc.

In an ideal world we would get a CB, a RB, a Playmaker, a LW and a Striker. But we can't do that so we need to give the players we have bought a chance and plug the gaps with youth.

As above it looks like a long, hard season but I maintain that I still prefer to support an honest bunch of shit players than a collection of unflushable mercenary turds.

Exactly
Defenders on 18:20 - Jul 12 with 575 viewsDorse

Defenders on 16:25 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Perch has played well at left back and for us, he played well in midfield for Wigan, he looks awful at right back, why do we keep using him at right back?

This is what I mean about QPR needing to work with what they've got more.

We have a player here who looked got at his previous club as part of a back three or in midfield, and has looked good for us at left back. We repeatedly use him at right back where he looks poor. Now another club and/or set of supporters might look at that and think "ok, let's give him a run at left back or in midfield". At QPR we look at it and say things like "he's the worst footballer I've ever seen" and very angrily and aggressively say we must get rid of him immediately and sign another player for some more money. This part of the reason why we end up every pre-season tour with 10-20-30% of our pay roll left out of the touring party and sitting at home doing nothing.

We can't afford the transfer fees that are going around at the moment and we need to improve. One thing that would help is looking for marginal gains in what we've already got. Lynch, Bidwell and Perch have all played far better for other clubs than they have done for us. If we can find out why that is and correct it, that's three marginal gains on last season already. Instead we're still of a mindset of "fck him off to Forest, get somebody else in".

This post has been edited by an administrator

Perch can be a bit of a liability at RB. My main query regarding him is why we felt the need to move Hall into midfield rather than go for Perch. I'm not suggesting Perch is the answer but he at least had experience of playing there. Hall was a gamble - luckily one that has paid off - but moving him out of defence exposed the squad's weakness in that department. An injury to Ned and one to Hall and we were fcuked, and not in a good way.

We need 2 options at CB. If the U23s aren't ready to step up, then we have to look elsewhere. The proposed loan from Watford is a good idea and it's not beyond the realm of possibility to find other Premiership squad players that fit the bill either.

My preferred defence as things stand doesn't contain either Lynch (who I think is a bit of a t wat for digging out Bidwell who was constantly put under pressure by his s hit positioning) or Perch (who just doesn't seem to fit into any system when not played at LB). The trouble is that I'm currently only left with Furlong, Bidwell, Robinson, Ned and Hall to pick from.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Defenders on 18:56 - Jul 12 with 550 viewsenfieldargh

Defenders on 13:21 - Jul 12 by MedwayR

If Holloway wants versatility that's fine but I think he should work within the confines of two banks of 4 which would allow us to play 4-4-2, 4-1-4-1 or 4-4-1-1 which should allow for enough tinkering without confusing players & can closely resemble other formations. In this context id say we need 2 CB's, plus a left winger & CF if we can find any available on a good deal.

GK: Smithies / Ingram / Lumley
RB: Furlong / Perch / Kakay
CB: Onouha / ?
CB: Lynch / ?
LB: Bidwell / Robinson / Hamalainen
SW: Hall / Goss
RW: Wszolek / Petrasso / Mackie
CM: Cousins / Scowen / Comley
CM: Luongo / Manning
LW: Freeman / Shodipo
AM: Ngbakoto / Eze
CF: Smith / ?
ST: Sylla / Washington / Grego-Cox

I don't see the need to over complicate or have a huge turnover of players.

SW=sweeper ?

Sweeper traditionally plays behind the back four but know what you mean

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Defenders on 19:58 - Jul 12 with 530 viewsMedwayR

Defenders on 18:56 - Jul 12 by enfieldargh

SW=sweeper ?

Sweeper traditionally plays behind the back four but know what you mean

This sweeper is sweeping in front of the defence & behind midfield, who said LfW can't be at the forefront of tactical revolutions ;-)

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024