Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tougher Border Controls 21:50 - Aug 2 with 11580 viewseasthertsr

The front page of the Daily Fail today complaining of tourists stuck by tougher controls by customs officials is pretty damn ironic in that that is exactly what they have been banging on about for the last two years!
[Post edited 2 Aug 2017 21:51]
Tougher Border Controls on 22:23 - Aug 3 with 1559 viewsBoston

Tougher Border Controls on 20:10 - Aug 3 by kensalriser

If you're going to bother having an opinion why not base it on something plausible?

I think you're supposed to reply 'Slaaag'.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Tougher Border Controls on 22:35 - Aug 3 with 1552 viewsToast_R

Worst border control I ever faced was Cuba, Havanna airport. 4 hours to get in and 4 to get out, standing in hot weather with kids and everyone getting thoroughly f*cked off. Nearly missed our return flight until the officials realised this and wavered a bunch of us through the queue. Nearly started a riot with passangers on another flight also waiting. Lovely holiday but that put me off ever going back.
Tougher Border Controls on 00:09 - Aug 4 with 1519 viewsMatch82

Tougher Border Controls on 10:31 - Aug 3 by EastR

Tip for anyone travelling to the US - consider going via Dublin and go through US preclearance there. Much more civilised experience and you go though as a domestic passenger at the other end.

Absolutely true. There are in the region of 15 airports that grant this clearance -Dublin, Shannon and Abu Dhabi among them (and a large number in Canada).

However, I would recommend building in more time between the two flights, as you are much more likely to experience delays on a London to Dublin route than a London to America route, and with the extra time needed to go through customs, make sure you don't miss you connection...
Tougher Border Controls on 07:26 - Aug 4 with 1484 viewsloftboy

I got detained in secondary immigration at Newark airport in April despite paying $14 for my esta, no explanation just sat there until an officer called my name, gave me my passport back and said "have a nice day"

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Tougher Border Controls on 07:26 - Aug 4 with 1484 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Tougher Border Controls on 22:35 - Aug 3 by Toast_R

Worst border control I ever faced was Cuba, Havanna airport. 4 hours to get in and 4 to get out, standing in hot weather with kids and everyone getting thoroughly f*cked off. Nearly missed our return flight until the officials realised this and wavered a bunch of us through the queue. Nearly started a riot with passangers on another flight also waiting. Lovely holiday but that put me off ever going back.

You got off lightly son!

I was getting a flight from Havana to Santiago de Cuba and having checked-in and over an hour to clear the 'three' internal checks to get airside, I was sat having a beer when over the tannoy: 'Attencion! Attencion! Pasejero John Honney Inglaterra. John Honney Inglaterra. To Check-in Inmediatamente.

Two security guards walking around looking for me, spotted me as I stood up and exuded a confused air, and once they confirmed my identity, they somewhat unceremoniously marched me back to the check-in, where more goons were present. One pipes up, 'Open your bag Señor!'

The bag was being 'detained' just the other side of where we see it disappear after checking in. So I stretched out my hands through those rubber dangling curtain thingies, and as I did, I could see three pairs of army boots and three rifles pointing down at the bag!

I'll admit, a tad shaken, but I knew what the problem was and sought to compose myself and allay fears. However, the local gun totting chaps from behind the rubber curtain were having none of it! A few 'tranquillos' from me and then I opened the bag up and they all damn near shat themselves!

I was biking around Cuba and, as a belt and braces measure, I had brought my spare prosthetic leg. With all that metal showing up during the x-ray, they suspected something more nefarious. Of course, no sooner was it all sorted and they changed from being hard men to trying to laugh it off.

One of many tales my legs and I have had over the years!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Tougher Border Controls on 07:59 - Aug 4 with 1459 viewsizlingtonhoop

Tougher Border Controls on 15:06 - Aug 3 by Northernr

"If the checks increase then resources should increase in tandem so the customer experience is not significantly impacted."

You've more chance of Burton winning our league this season than that happening with border services. They'll continue to operate with as few people and resources as they can possibly get away with under the "no magic money tree (unless we need some money quick)" policy.

Bearing in mind your pronouncements regarding Jezza, pre-election, those of a gambling persuasion should lump on (I believe the term is) Burton for a top-six finish...
Tougher Border Controls on 08:02 - Aug 4 with 1456 viewsNorthernr

Tougher Border Controls on 07:59 - Aug 4 by izlingtonhoop

Bearing in mind your pronouncements regarding Jezza, pre-election, those of a gambling persuasion should lump on (I believe the term is) Burton for a top-six finish...

And Trump. Anybody who's followed LFW for any length of time know the content is half decent but the predictions are always completely incorrect. (Mind you, he did still lose)

This post has been edited by an administrator
Tougher Border Controls on 10:04 - Aug 4 with 1395 viewsizlingtonhoop

Tougher Border Controls on 08:02 - Aug 4 by Northernr

And Trump. Anybody who's followed LFW for any length of time know the content is half decent but the predictions are always completely incorrect. (Mind you, he did still lose)

This post has been edited by an administrator

That's why I was careful to say top-six...
Login to get fewer ads

Tougher Border Controls on 11:42 - Aug 4 with 1341 viewsToast_R

Tougher Border Controls on 07:26 - Aug 4 by PlanetHonneywood

You got off lightly son!

I was getting a flight from Havana to Santiago de Cuba and having checked-in and over an hour to clear the 'three' internal checks to get airside, I was sat having a beer when over the tannoy: 'Attencion! Attencion! Pasejero John Honney Inglaterra. John Honney Inglaterra. To Check-in Inmediatamente.

Two security guards walking around looking for me, spotted me as I stood up and exuded a confused air, and once they confirmed my identity, they somewhat unceremoniously marched me back to the check-in, where more goons were present. One pipes up, 'Open your bag Señor!'

The bag was being 'detained' just the other side of where we see it disappear after checking in. So I stretched out my hands through those rubber dangling curtain thingies, and as I did, I could see three pairs of army boots and three rifles pointing down at the bag!

I'll admit, a tad shaken, but I knew what the problem was and sought to compose myself and allay fears. However, the local gun totting chaps from behind the rubber curtain were having none of it! A few 'tranquillos' from me and then I opened the bag up and they all damn near shat themselves!

I was biking around Cuba and, as a belt and braces measure, I had brought my spare prosthetic leg. With all that metal showing up during the x-ray, they suspected something more nefarious. Of course, no sooner was it all sorted and they changed from being hard men to trying to laugh it off.

One of many tales my legs and I have had over the years!

Funny story but yeah I bet there was a moment of brown shorts what with firearms aimed at your gear.

Forgot to mention in my earlier post, on the way home to add insult to injury, we got stuck on the runway for an hour as the baggage handlers left a couple of cages of our flights luggage on the runway before realising it was meant to be onboard our plane. Communist work force - best in the world... Also we met a few people who arrived on a flight from Canada, had their expensive cameras stolen from their cases, all gone when they arrived at their resort. And they were there for their daughters wedding too. Disgrace.
Tougher Border Controls on 11:58 - Aug 4 with 1314 viewsDaiHo0p

Try doing Eliat to Tel Aviv - they nicked all my diving regs and made me miss my flight. They couldn't understand how I was in the country without a tour company.
Tougher Border Controls on 23:17 - Aug 4 with 1233 viewsGloryHunter

Flying back from Frankfurt last week I had a nice big local liver sausage confiscated from my rucksack by airport security. They said if it was a salami it would be OK, but because it was soft, it would be possible to have something sinister hidden inside it. I think that's what they said, anyway. Shame, cost 6 Euros. Loaf of Rye bread in the same rucksack was allowed.
Tougher Border Controls on 23:28 - Aug 4 with 1229 viewsBoston

Tougher Border Controls on 23:17 - Aug 4 by GloryHunter

Flying back from Frankfurt last week I had a nice big local liver sausage confiscated from my rucksack by airport security. They said if it was a salami it would be OK, but because it was soft, it would be possible to have something sinister hidden inside it. I think that's what they said, anyway. Shame, cost 6 Euros. Loaf of Rye bread in the same rucksack was allowed.

Have you tried the salami? I f you don't like it you can go stick it up your arse.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024