Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 19:30 - Aug 26 with 7344 viewsDubaiR

Thought we played well first half, Smithies didn't have a save to make. Their goal was Caulker taking too long on the ball, played Ned into trouble who played Smithies in to trouble. Washington just busy but not good enough in my opinion. We played ok and cardiff didn't look anything special
Just Back (n/t) on 10:56 - Aug 27 with 1959 viewsBushRanger82

Just Back on 10:20 - Aug 27 by CroydonCaptJack

Well we didn't have those fixtures last season v boro or millwall so that's not a valid comparison really is it?

I'm not sure anyone's saying it's cut and dried either. Most of us have supported us long enough to never take things for granted!

[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 11:16]
Just Back on 11:09 - Aug 27 with 1925 viewsBushRanger82

Just Back on 10:20 - Aug 27 by CroydonCaptJack

Well we didn't have those fixtures last season v boro or millwall so that's not a valid comparison really is it?

I'm not sure anyone's saying it's cut and dried either. Most of us have supported us long enough to never take things for granted!

I wasn't comparing Millwall and Middlesbrough to anything, why would I when we didn't play them last season??
I merely mentioned them because they happen to make up our fixture list in September.
QPR supporting friends and acquaintances I personally know, albeit just a few of them, are convinced we will have a great September, and I really hope they're right, I really do, as I will be in attendance at all those games myself, I just have serious doubts.
And, as you previously mentioned, a series of injuries to defenders has to my mind, made an already fragile defence on the verge of being calamitous.
Just Back on 13:07 - Aug 27 with 1803 viewsWestonsuperR

I am a little surprised how positive the comments are surrounding our performance generally are. I thought we matched Cardiff for the first 25mins but after that were woeful, did their keeper even have a save to mark in the second half? Cardiff had 2 goals disallowed and numerous other chances, losing by just one goal flattered us a bit.

Certainly not suggesting their are huge issues with the team and 7pts from the 5 games we have had is very good but don't feel the team deserve much praise for yesterday.

Very annoying how well Hoilett played, can't remember a single game in which he played that well for us.
Just Back on 14:17 - Aug 27 with 1719 viewsTacticalR

@WestonsuperR 'Very annoying how well Hoilett played, can't remember a single game in which he played that well for us.'

I haven't seen the extended highlights so I am not sure how well Hoilett played for Cardiff, but he was definitely playing better for us last season.

This is what I said in Feb 2016:

'I don't get frustrated with Hoilett any more.

Could he see that pass to Washington in the box? No.

Is he playing much better than before? Yes.

He is playing much better than before because he has been allowed to do his own thing, which is to move towards the edge of the box from the left or through the centre, get the ball onto his right foot, and take a shot. At this level and in this season it's proving quite effective and has broken the deadlock in more than one game.'
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/164810

Although he was playing better (and got 6 goals in 29 games which was very useful in a goal-shy team) I was not particularly sorry to see him go as he is such a one-trick pony, and I have said since then that we should not self-flagellate over his departure.
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/183772

Air hostess clique

Just Back on 14:18 - Aug 27 with 1719 viewsBushRanger82

Just Back on 13:07 - Aug 27 by WestonsuperR

I am a little surprised how positive the comments are surrounding our performance generally are. I thought we matched Cardiff for the first 25mins but after that were woeful, did their keeper even have a save to mark in the second half? Cardiff had 2 goals disallowed and numerous other chances, losing by just one goal flattered us a bit.

Certainly not suggesting their are huge issues with the team and 7pts from the 5 games we have had is very good but don't feel the team deserve much praise for yesterday.

Very annoying how well Hoilett played, can't remember a single game in which he played that well for us.

There seems to be an almost manic determination amongst a few people to be positive, no matter what.
While that can be an admirable trait in the right circumstances, used constantly in conjuction with QPR and it makes one want to bang their head off the nearest brick wall.
Just Back on 14:25 - Aug 27 with 1696 viewsTacticalR

Manic positivity is ruining this message board.

Air hostess clique

Just Back on 17:18 - Aug 27 with 1566 viewsRoller

Just Back on 14:18 - Aug 27 by BushRanger82

There seems to be an almost manic determination amongst a few people to be positive, no matter what.
While that can be an admirable trait in the right circumstances, used constantly in conjuction with QPR and it makes one want to bang their head off the nearest brick wall.

Just as this is true (and I'll hold my hands up to being guilty of it), so is the opposite. There are many who go out of their way to only focus on the negative.
Just Back on 17:28 - Aug 27 with 1542 viewsHarbour

Just Back on 17:18 - Aug 27 by Roller

Just as this is true (and I'll hold my hands up to being guilty of it), so is the opposite. There are many who go out of their way to only focus on the negative.

Expectations some have high some not so . Giving 100% on the pitch for full 90 odd minutes Mid table finish get the club back on secure financial footing occasional win against top 3 side seeing the youth come through manning furlong.
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 17:45 - Aug 27 with 1507 viewsngbqpr

A lot of 'big' teams, 'promotion favourites' etc currently below us in the table. Wonder what their messageboards are like.

This division is a slog, and unpredictable results occur constantly. I still feel August has given us a better than expected / feared base to work from points-wise.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Just Back on 20:23 - Aug 27 with 1371 viewsterryb

We have one more point than what I had forecast for August, but I don't take it for granted that September will be as fruitful as we would like.

IF we could earn eight or nine points from those six games I would be plaesed. Especially as I epect us to finish above four of the teams we face. That amount of points for the month would have us on target for over sixty for the season. Not too bad when many thought we would be in a relegation dogfight!

Thank you to those who went to Cardiff & have posted their views on the match. Much appreciated.
Just Back on 10:08 - Aug 28 with 1136 viewsTacticalR

Just Back on 13:07 - Aug 27 by WestonsuperR

One reason for the positive comments might be because the match commentary was quite positive, and a lot of us who didn't see the match heard the commentary.

Air hostess clique

Just Back on 10:56 - Aug 28 with 1108 views1BobbyHazell

Just Back on 14:18 - Aug 27 by BushRanger82

What is this 'no matter what' you talk of? Please explain.

I thought we had a better August than nearly all of us expected. We're certainly doing (and looking) much better than I thought we would. How can being aware of, and pleased about, that possibly be described as manic determination to be positive?!! I was feeling rather pessimistic after Stan's game. We all know with this team and this league things can go quickly down the sh1tter, but they haven't yet so why should we all be moaning or fearful or whatever it is you think we should all be?

For me, multiple complaints about the manager doing what the majority of other managers do for a cup game is the definition of a manic determination to be negative.
Just Back on 13:30 - Aug 28 with 1001 viewsBushRanger82

Just Back on 10:56 - Aug 28 by 1BobbyHazell

What is this 'no matter what' you talk of? Please explain.

I thought we had a better August than nearly all of us expected. We're certainly doing (and looking) much better than I thought we would. How can being aware of, and pleased about, that possibly be described as manic determination to be positive?!! I was feeling rather pessimistic after Stan's game. We all know with this team and this league things can go quickly down the sh1tter, but they haven't yet so why should we all be moaning or fearful or whatever it is you think we should all be?

For me, multiple complaints about the manager doing what the majority of other managers do for a cup game is the definition of a manic determination to be negative.

The no matter what, I speak of, being............

A leaky defence.

A forward line that misses more chances than it should.

A midfield that constantly never chips in its fair share goals.

A manager capable of practically ceding a cup tie in the most disgraceful fashion to near neighbours. And who never seems to have a plan B, when plan A, whatever that was supposed to be on Saturday, goes tits up.

That was the no matter what, I meant.
Just Back on 14:26 - Aug 28 with 957 viewsWatford_Ranger

We did have a plan B i.e. Sylla and Yeni. It just didn't work and if anything nullified Freeman who was key to Plan A. If anything we went for it too much and lost our shape as a result with none of the subs really in any sort of fixed position.

I'm not a big fan of either but Lua Lua is the superior option off the bench over Yeni IMO if that is to be Plan B and personally I'd have taken Washington off rather than Mackie but that's easy to say with hindsight.
Just Back on 15:25 - Aug 28 with 919 views1BobbyHazell

Just Back on 13:30 - Aug 28 by BushRanger82

The no matter what, I speak of, being............

A leaky defence.

A forward line that misses more chances than it should.

A midfield that constantly never chips in its fair share goals.

A manager capable of practically ceding a cup tie in the most disgraceful fashion to near neighbours. And who never seems to have a plan B, when plan A, whatever that was supposed to be on Saturday, goes tits up.

That was the no matter what, I meant.

I think you're showing the paucity of your football and Ranger's knowledge if you think we're doing worse than expected. I can't recall a single poster who was particularly positive during the pre season (I certainly wasn't). Since then most of us have been encouraged and pleasantly surprised by our play and points tally. Our defence is missing THREE starters and our midfield 3 that you're complaining about have been an extremely pleasant development for most of us.

As for calling a manager disgraceful for doing what the majority of managers do in that situation...

It makes your insistence that anyone who isn't as negative as you is guilty of "a manic determination to be positive" utterly laughable.

We all know things can turn to sh1t quickly around here but excuse us if we're not frothing at the mouth just yet. We'll be having tougher times than these.
Just Back on 15:36 - Aug 28 with 908 viewsdaveB

I wasn't at the game so have only seen highlights, was good to see the team didn't give up and kept going till the end.

Overall been a decent start, I like how the team has been playing and think if we can keep that up then we should finish around half way which will be a step in the right direction.

Season could still go to pot but the joy many fans seem to have on social media whenever we lose is something I'll never get my head around, i had a look on saturday night and could only assume we lost by 4 or 5 the way people were carrying on
Just Back on 16:51 - Aug 28 with 857 viewsBoston

Wassup, we're doing alright, narrow defeat away to the team that's going to win this league, so what. Expect us to get results in September.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Just Back on 17:15 - Aug 29 with 680 viewsBushRanger82

Just Back on 15:25 - Aug 28 by 1BobbyHazell

I think you're showing the paucity of your football and Ranger's knowledge if you think we're doing worse than expected. I can't recall a single poster who was particularly positive during the pre season (I certainly wasn't). Since then most of us have been encouraged and pleasantly surprised by our play and points tally. Our defence is missing THREE starters and our midfield 3 that you're complaining about have been an extremely pleasant development for most of us.

As for calling a manager disgraceful for doing what the majority of managers do in that situation...

It makes your insistence that anyone who isn't as negative as you is guilty of "a manic determination to be positive" utterly laughable.

We all know things can turn to sh1t quickly around here but excuse us if we're not frothing at the mouth just yet. We'll be having tougher times than these.

Ahh, now....come on!

Not once have I said we have done worse than expected.

We were doing really well, then last Tuesday happened.

Everyone was on such a high after salvaging a late win against Hull, now not so much after seeing us ship in 6 goals, score only 2, in our last two games before the international break.

That's all, so keep your hair on mate, assuming you have any, that is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024