Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On way back 16:58 - Sep 23 with 6924 viewsBakes

What the f*** was that?! Team totally ruined. Why 5 changes? Luongo was ill and he’s vital for us but that was a bag of sh1t. I know Burton will frustrste a lot of teams this season but we have to go all out to beat teams like that. Roll on Fulham on Friday.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

On way back on 17:10 - Sep 23 with 5354 viewsderbyhoop

Would you have left Scowen, Washington, Mackie out? For whom?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

On way back on 17:10 - Sep 23 with 5354 viewsHunterhoop

Holloway really dropped the ball today. No shape at all in either half. Players didn't look like they knew what to do or how we were meant to be playing.
On way back on 17:14 - Sep 23 with 5314 viewsrsonist

Wheeler and Luongo were injured. With the exception of Yeni for Manning that was as close to the most consistently-selected first team XI as we were able to put out.

The Tinkerman narrative doesn't play - it isn't the same as this fixture last year.
On way back on 17:19 - Sep 23 with 5267 viewsBakes

Burtons 2 CB’s literally can’t run, Ive never seen two footballers run that slow but not once did we get Mackie or Washington to test them, constant long ball. Luckily Burtons strikers weren’t upto much. Scowen shielded the defenders really well. Maybe it was just a off day day but we must improve for Fulham.

On way back on 17:21 - Sep 23 with 5234 viewsHunterhoop

On way back on 17:14 - Sep 23 by rsonist

Wheeler and Luongo were injured. With the exception of Yeni for Manning that was as close to the most consistently-selected first team XI as we were able to put out.

The Tinkerman narrative doesn't play - it isn't the same as this fixture last year.

Completely disagree. What was the shape meant to be in either half??

Even if you're light on personnel, you can still have a plan.
On way back on 17:29 - Sep 23 with 5163 viewsBakes

Agreed, look at the back of the programme, we have one of the biggest squads in the league, if we cant rustle up a team to beat Burton Bloody Albion out of that lot!

On way back on 18:01 - Sep 23 with 4984 viewswelwynranger

First half awful. Second half worse. Nuff said. Hi
On way back on 18:04 - Sep 23 with 4964 viewsessextaxiboy

On way back on 17:29 - Sep 23 by Bakes

Agreed, look at the back of the programme, we have one of the biggest squads in the league, if we cant rustle up a team to beat Burton Bloody Albion out of that lot!

How many fit central defenders do you see on the back of the programme ? That is the problem with rustling up a team ...
Login to get fewer ads

On way back on 18:10 - Sep 23 with 4907 viewsactonman

On way back on 18:04 - Sep 23 by essextaxiboy

How many fit central defenders do you see on the back of the programme ? That is the problem with rustling up a team ...

We could have hade 2 traffic cones in defence today and it wouldn't of made much difference , the problem was at the other end of the pitch
On way back on 18:20 - Sep 23 with 4841 viewsBlue_Castello

On way back on 18:04 - Sep 23 by essextaxiboy

Agreed the injurys are causing a big problem in defence, five of his first choice front six played today the olny one missing was Luongo and he was replaced by Yeni who I am yet to see have a half decent game.
The team shape in the first half appeared 4-4-2 which wasnt working so Ollie went for broke in the second half, took off Furlong moved Wszolek to right back and played three strikers.
Second half we looked far more attack minded and with a bit of luck could of got a goal, would have helped if that referee actually gave Smith a bit of protection from their centre halves but I'm sure some will disagree.
Glass still half full, thought considering our selection options we were not that bad and Burton are a lot better side than most give them credit.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 18:22]
On way back on 18:23 - Sep 23 with 4816 viewssmegma

That's two hours of my life I'll never get back. Imagine being a journo trying to write up a report?? Clive, good luck.
On way back on 18:24 - Sep 23 with 4803 viewseghamranger

Was a really dull game. Matt Smith goes down so easily for a big fella.

Can't actually give a motm today as I didn't think anyone was any good.
On way back on 18:33 - Sep 23 with 4741 viewsDees

On way back on 18:24 - Sep 23 by eghamranger

Was a really dull game. Matt Smith goes down so easily for a big fella.

Can't actually give a motm today as I didn't think anyone was any good.

Pitch invader MOTM
On way back on 18:53 - Sep 23 with 4626 viewsLongsufferingR

Pardon the pun but bright spot for me was Osayi-Samuel. Thought he looked skillful, lively, pacy and a good find.

If Washington could finish, game would have been over early on.
On way back on 18:55 - Sep 23 with 4607 views1MoreBrightonR

Thought scowen had a great game. That's it though. Matt Smith trying to win penalties is embarrassing
On way back on 19:01 - Sep 23 with 4562 viewsdodge_stoke_r

On way back on 18:10 - Sep 23 by actonman

We could have hade 2 traffic cones in defence today and it wouldn't of made much difference , the problem was at the other end of the pitch

Oh, actonman you beat me to it. Only I was going to say 3 traffic cones. Dress it up how ever but that was P! 55 poor. On another topic. I thought Baptist is looking our most solid defender that we have had for a while. Nothing fancy just steady.
On way back on 19:44 - Sep 23 with 4354 viewsHadders

The only positives I can take from that were that we didn't lose and that the new guy, Osayi- Samuel, looked good - quick, ready to take on his man, and making one decent opportunity that I recall. As Mark Falco commented on the pitch at half time, the crowd were noticeably quiet today, too - it seems to me that there are a few guys who start all the songs in Q block (albeit some of them embarassingly idiotic, about tits and fannies) and if they are absent, you really notice it. I like to join in with a rousing COYRs and I noticed there was only one half-hearted one all day.
On way back on 20:00 - Sep 23 with 4256 viewsbosh67

First half Bidwell was being asked to covert the entire left side. Totally unbalanced again. Would have had Manning for Yeni. No idea why Yeni was asked to play deep midfield. Missed Luongo hugely. No idea why we insist on starting Washington and Mackie against two more hulking centre backs? Surely get wide players on and Sylla and Smith from the start. Liked the new kid Bright on the left, looks handy, solid and quick. No idea why we put Wszołek at right wing back. What has happened to Furlong. Absolutely no spacial awareness.

But like Millwall we got bullied first half until we changed it. Apart from Baptist's goal bound volley which got headed away we didn't really look like scoring. Baptiste the only player to play the ball into the channels today and Scowen best player on the pitch.

I didn't get much sleep but caught up well during the match. Ollie has to set up a more powerful frontline physically in these games.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

On way back on 20:31 - Sep 23 with 4081 viewsGloucs_R

Where was Ariel today??

We didn't create enough, one of those full games. They came for a point, they got it.

Darnell and yeni were poor, thought Ollie got it right by taking them off but we didn't click. The new lad looked lively, wanted to get his man and get a cross in. Didn't always work but he tried hard.

Defo need a right back in January. Thought Baptistse played well.

Poll: Are we staying up?

On way back on 21:03 - Sep 23 with 3929 viewsNortholt_Rs

On way back on 19:44 - Sep 23 by Hadders

The only positives I can take from that were that we didn't lose and that the new guy, Osayi- Samuel, looked good - quick, ready to take on his man, and making one decent opportunity that I recall. As Mark Falco commented on the pitch at half time, the crowd were noticeably quiet today, too - it seems to me that there are a few guys who start all the songs in Q block (albeit some of them embarassingly idiotic, about tits and fannies) and if they are absent, you really notice it. I like to join in with a rousing COYRs and I noticed there was only one half-hearted one all day.

In fairness they didn’t have much to cheer though did they? That was absolute dross.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

On way back on 21:38 - Sep 23 with 3791 viewsQPR_John

On way back on 20:31 - Sep 23 by Gloucs_R

Where was Ariel today??

We didn't create enough, one of those full games. They came for a point, they got it.

Darnell and yeni were poor, thought Ollie got it right by taking them off but we didn't click. The new lad looked lively, wanted to get his man and get a cross in. Didn't always work but he tried hard.

Defo need a right back in January. Thought Baptistse played well.

"Darnell and yeni were poor, thought Ollie got it right by taking them off"

You get it right when you pick the right team to start the game. Of course tactical substitutions are necessary occasionally but we seem to need them all too frequently
On way back on 21:57 - Sep 23 with 3709 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Baptiste, Scowens and the new winger played well. You can pick a motm from them if you looked harder.
On way back on 22:11 - Sep 23 with 3651 viewsqpr1976

On way back on 17:19 - Sep 23 by Bakes

Burtons 2 CB’s literally can’t run, Ive never seen two footballers run that slow but not once did we get Mackie or Washington to test them, constant long ball. Luckily Burtons strikers weren’t upto much. Scowen shielded the defenders really well. Maybe it was just a off day day but we must improve for Fulham.

You are aware we have Barnsley on Tuesday before we play Fulham, or do you only bother with home games ?
On way back on 23:18 - Sep 23 with 3479 viewsBakes

On way back on 22:11 - Sep 23 by qpr1976

You are aware we have Barnsley on Tuesday before we play Fulham, or do you only bother with home games ?

No I don’t just go to home games, I’ve been to 3 away games so far this season. What I meant was we can’t play like that at home to Fulham. We need to win a London Derby.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2017 0:29]

On way back on 23:49 - Sep 23 with 3404 viewsqpr1976

On way back on 23:18 - Sep 23 by Bakes

No I don’t just go to home games, I’ve been to 3 away games so far this season. What I meant was we can’t play like that at home to Fulham. We need to win a London Derby.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2017 0:29]

Winning on Tuesday is the priority for me. I'll worry about Friday after that.
Disappointed we didn't get 3 points today , 3 on Tuesday will make up for it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024