Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes Thread 23:09 - Nov 16 with 19602 viewsDale92

Seeming we are about a week away from the first test. Think its time to get the thread going as im getting fed up of reading about bURY for the past week. Aussies have announced their squad. Bancroft gets the nod over Renshaw as opener- he only got one century in div 2 last year. Tim Paine is back and so it Shaun Marsh. For the Aussies its hardly forminable and Khajawa is in their.

Meanwhile, are boys are playing a 3rf rate team but seem to be doing ok bar Vince. Overton looks promising and Woakes looks like he ready to take on the challange-vice captain anyone?

We can only expect flat, bouncey pitches. Id wish wed have giving foakes a go with bairstow at 3 in the warm up games. I dont think well ever need 2 spinners in Aus. Would have also liked to see us play a decent team before the 1st test..a NZ A team or something wpuld have helped.

Im going for a series draw.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2017 23:14]

This is the One, I've waited for

Ashes Thread on 01:33 - Nov 25 with 2949 viewsDaley_Lama

6 and out

Tara Stark, this is test cricketvnot 20-20.

Poll: DF in or out

Ashes Thread on 01:55 - Nov 25 with 2932 viewsColDale

Ashes Thread on 01:33 - Nov 25 by Daley_Lama

6 and out

Tara Stark, this is test cricketvnot 20-20.

Wasn’t Tara Stark in game of thrones?

Great day so far but injury to jimmy
Is a worry. Littleborough flag out there - assume that’s BM given the MUFC references
Ashes Thread on 11:41 - Nov 25 with 2839 viewsmingthemerciless

We needed to get Smith out and we couldn't. Let's hope Joe Root can go one better. Advantage Australia at the moment.
Ashes Thread on 11:46 - Nov 25 with 2834 viewsTVOS1907

Ashes Thread on 01:55 - Nov 25 by ColDale

Is a worry. Littleborough flag out there - assume that’s BM given the MUFC references

Him and a few others, I believe.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ashes Thread on 13:12 - Nov 25 with 2789 viewsD_Alien

Ashes Thread on 00:26 - Nov 24 by Sandyman

So far, this early morn, Moeen and Malan playing proper steady test cricket innings'. With the new ball due, lack of runs may come back to bite us, but keeping them out (tweak tweak) is working, especially given dodgy weather forecasts for the next 3 days. A draw at the gabba would be a great result.

(cue playing for draws debate Mk II )

Will need to bat through the 4th day, a tall order (our tall lower order will get peppered, watching Broad crouch at the crease again against Starc will be interesting)

A useless draw is unlikely, but I'd take it now

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ashes Thread on 20:45 - Nov 25 with 2729 viewsmingthemerciless

Ashes Thread on 13:12 - Nov 25 by D_Alien

Will need to bat through the 4th day, a tall order (our tall lower order will get peppered, watching Broad crouch at the crease again against Starc will be interesting)

A useless draw is unlikely, but I'd take it now

A draw from this position would be good. Any chance of rain ?
Ashes Thread on 00:37 - Nov 26 with 2686 viewsSandyman

Littleborough has just been mentioned on TMS
Ashes Thread on 00:54 - Nov 26 with 2672 viewsDaley_Lama

Bah, 3 down. Bedtime for me and hoping to wake up to news of a century and a couple of 50s.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Ashes Thread on 04:56 - Nov 26 with 2640 viewsD_Alien

All out for 195, 170 needed by the Aussies

Senseless by Bairstow, trying a trick flick just before tea, when an extra 30/40 would've made it a much more difficult run chase

Only chance is to get rid of Smith early

Going to bed

Ashes Thread on 08:41 - Nov 26 with 2606 viewsmingthemerciless

So I wake up on a miserable Sunday morning to hear on the radio that an Aussie win is now a formality ! From what I heard several of our players got " in " but couldn't build a significant innings.
Ashes Thread on 12:16 - Nov 26 with 2559 views1mark1

Ashes Thread on 08:41 - Nov 26 by mingthemerciless

So I wake up on a miserable Sunday morning to hear on the radio that an Aussie win is now a formality ! From what I heard several of our players got " in " but couldn't build a significant innings.

Just not good enough. We were 100 light in both innings to be frank. Too many getting in, then not going on to make big innings.

They have what we don’t seam to have, that is fast bowlers who can really blast out the tail enders, with real fast pace. Our bowlers seam to be almost too good for the tail, as they move the ball about in a way that is too good for tail enders to hit, and don’t bowl full , fast or straight enough to get them out lbw, or bowled.

Going to be really hard to get back from one nil down, unless we sort out our lack of big runs and lack of ability to blast out their tail enders.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Ashes Thread on 15:04 - Nov 26 with 2528 viewsTVOS1907

Ashes Thread on 00:37 - Nov 26 by Sandyman

Littleborough has just been mentioned on TMS

In what context, Sandy?

Ashes Thread on 15:13 - Nov 26 with 2522 viewsD_Alien

Ashes Thread on 15:04 - Nov 26 by TVOS1907

In what context, Sandy?

Almost certainly the huge banner displayed prominently for the cameras, been picked up several times

(Sorry, i'm not Sandy)

Ashes Thread on 15:34 - Nov 26 with 2504 viewsTVOS1907

Ashes Thread on 15:13 - Nov 26 by D_Alien

Almost certainly the huge banner displayed prominently for the cameras, been picked up several times

(Sorry, i'm not Sandy)

Aye, I know who it belongs to. I was just wondering why they mentioned that specifically.

Ashes Thread on 15:40 - Nov 26 with 2497 viewsD_Alien

Ashes Thread on 15:34 - Nov 26 by TVOS1907

Aye, I know who it belongs to. I was just wondering why they mentioned that specifically.

Probably where the disrespectful chants have been coming from

Ashes Thread on 15:42 - Nov 26 with 2490 viewsTVOS1907

Ashes Thread on 15:40 - Nov 26 by D_Alien

Probably where the disrespectful chants have been coming from

Only Adam Gilchrist would have heard them.

Ashes Thread on 15:49 - Nov 26 with 2478 viewsD_Alien

Ashes Thread on 15:42 - Nov 26 by TVOS1907

Only Adam Gilchrist would have heard them.

"Great victory for your lads, Adam?"

"Never mind that, i'm not having disrespectful chants drifting into the commentary box"

Ashes Thread on 16:45 - Nov 26 with 2445 viewsmingthemerciless

Maybe we need to get Mark Wood back in the fold sharpish, he's over there I believe.
Ashes Thread on 07:31 - Nov 27 with 2351 viewsflyerdale

My Dale one going over with a few RCC lads in next few weeks
Ashes Thread on 08:41 - Nov 27 with 2329 viewsmingthemerciless

Sounds like we never laid a glove on them second innings. We could do without the Bairstow furore at the moment.
Ashes Thread on 11:14 - Nov 28 with 2208 viewsdownunder

Ashes Thread on 00:38 - Nov 17 by D_Alien

Couldn't agree more. I think Stokes will play some part in the series, just hope it's not too late (especially now the lads who he was defending have come forward to give evidence)

But Stokes aside, we need to steer clear of injuries, which we're not doing. Our best XI are good enough to compete and maybe more than compete, but we don't have much depth in the squad. No.3 is still the problem position.

Really looking forward to it. Invested in BT Sport so I could follow it live - turns out a good decision

I like Root as captain and as he's just said, bring it on!

[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 0:42]

The Stokes situation develops, and it could be a bonus personally. Stokes has returned to Christchurch NZ, and is lined up to play for Canterbury. Likely his first appearance will be at Rangiora, one of Canterbury's satellite grounds. Walking distance for me.

Not that far away from Australia, if the establishment change their minds.
Ashes Thread on 14:01 - Nov 28 with 2160 viewsD_Alien

Ashes Thread on 11:14 - Nov 28 by downunder

The Stokes situation develops, and it could be a bonus personally. Stokes has returned to Christchurch NZ, and is lined up to play for Canterbury. Likely his first appearance will be at Rangiora, one of Canterbury's satellite grounds. Walking distance for me.

Not that far away from Australia, if the establishment change their minds.

Keep us posted on his form

The establishment are just waiting for the police to conclude their work on the case, but they couldn't be seen to be pushing it through in time for the start of the series

A significant move, though, to play in NZ without distracting attention in Australia itself

Ashes Thread on 22:51 - Nov 28 with 2113 viewsdownunder

Ashes Thread on 14:01 - Nov 28 by D_Alien

The establishment are just waiting for the police to conclude their work on the case, but they couldn't be seen to be pushing it through in time for the start of the series

A significant move, though, to play in NZ without distracting attention in Australia itself

Obviously the Police have no issue with him leaving the country.
Ashes Thread on 13:58 - Dec 1 with 2016 viewsDale92

Its rumbling into joke this Stokes fiasco, if it wasnt already. Why does it take the CPS several weeks to decide to press charges. We all know if it was one of us it would be cut at the tail at this point. He has his defendants, if hes done it charge if he hasnt let him go. Back to the actual cricket, looks like Moeen cant bowl. What do you do, drop ball for crane, or for Overton because we cant surely persist with him?

This is the One, I've waited for

Ashes Thread on 08:04 - Dec 3 with 1908 viewsdownunder

Ashes Thread on 14:01 - Nov 28 by D_Alien

No form whatsoever. He was bowled for 2 runs, and failed to take a wicket. He did sign plenty of cricket bats for the kids though. To be fair, first game for 3 months, and Rangiora's wicket is usually high scoring. The game developed into a possible "stunning comeback" scenario. Canterbury made 221, Otago where strolling along on 170 for no wicket. The spinners then knocked over 7 wickets in no time. Cue bringing on Stokes to knock over the tail, but a six of him meant, more or less, game over.
One thing I found odd, is that a BT Sport interviewer and cameraman, apparently from the UK, (he said he was a Bournemouth Fan when he remarked on my Dale cap) who were asking everyone if they thought Stokes should be playing. Let the guy have a bit of space ffs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024