Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slang 16:51 - Nov 23 with 8032 viewsBoston

Words that you used as a kid that are now outdated or deemed political incorrect...I have so many but will start with....
Spasmo.
Not altogether sure what we were trying to imply with its use but for a few years, when I was a cadet saving lives in the St John's Ambulance, Perrin Rd, Sudbury, this word was all the go.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Slang on 16:29 - Mar 18 with 576 viewskingo

Girls in the 70s being referred to as Sorts

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Slang on 16:59 - Mar 18 with 539 viewsitsbiga

Div
Gommy
Deacon
Joey
Flid
Mong

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Slang on 17:19 - Mar 18 with 526 viewscharmr

Joey Deacon on blue peter.

Life changed the next day at school
Slang on 17:25 - Mar 18 with 523 viewssmegma

You're all a bunch of grumbles
Slang on 18:23 - Mar 18 with 508 viewsR_from_afar

My mum dusted off a slang term I had not heard in many a year just yesterday: Twerp.

She used the term in connection with Boris and his daily update side-kicks. That told them.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Slang on 18:46 - Mar 18 with 496 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Slang on 14:09 - Nov 24 by TGRRRSSS

I still hear Goron Bennett to some degree and use it occaisonally - these americanisms today.

Don't get my old man started on "Guys" (as in" hey guys" etc)

This cracked me up and reminds me of the sort of chap your Dad dislikes.

Slang on 18:56 - Mar 18 with 479 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

‘Gertcha
Slang on 19:22 - Mar 18 with 463 viewskensalriser

Slang that I've never heard in the wild: chief used as a synonym for wánker, as described in Zadie Smith's White Teeth, set in NW London in the 80s and 90s. I know of chief used instead of guv or mate (probably obsolete by the 90s) but never wánker. Anyone else heard it in that context?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Slang on 19:33 - Mar 18 with 457 viewsDWQPR

Slang on 19:22 - Mar 18 by kensalriser

Slang that I've never heard in the wild: chief used as a synonym for wánker, as described in Zadie Smith's White Teeth, set in NW London in the 80s and 90s. I know of chief used instead of guv or mate (probably obsolete by the 90s) but never wánker. Anyone else heard it in that context?

The young lady who works for me who comes from St Lucia called me a pillock the other day. Her mastering of proper English rather than the Americanisation of the English language she uses back home is coming on a treat.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Slang on 20:17 - Mar 18 with 435 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Slang on 19:22 - Mar 18 by kensalriser

At my school in NW London, Chief was short for Batty Chief, which was a anti gay slur.. Was in the 90s anyway.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 20:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024