Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bitcoin 21:10 - Nov 26 with 14306 viewstraininvain

Has anyone on here invested / gambled?

Price is continuing to increase at a rate of knots & makes the returns on other investments look pathetic.

Good investment or modern day gold rush?

Bitcoin on 00:14 - Dec 25 with 3904 viewsTheBlob

Fail alert,but.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5205945/Bitcoin-sell-picks-steam.html

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Bitcoin on 00:33 - Dec 25 with 3891 viewshubble

"Looks to me hubble your part of the problem not the solution.
What are birth certificates all about?
seriously ?"

How exactly am I part of the problem? Please explain.

Do you know why when you get bank statements or demands your name is in capital letters? Do you understand the difference between you, yourself, as a sovereign being and your corporate entity, created with your birth certificate? I'm interested to know why discussing this makes me part of the 'the problem'.

Edit: in reply to your post PunteR.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2017 0:56]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Bitcoin on 00:34 - Dec 25 with 3890 viewshubble

Bitcoin on 23:51 - Dec 24 by PunteR

i thought bitcoin came from the dark web?

It's got nothing to do with the dark web. It's really not that hard to look up how bitcoin came into being.

Bitcoin on 01:49 - Dec 25 with 3853 viewsPunteR

Bitcoin on 00:33 - Dec 25 by hubble

seriously ?"

Do you know why when you get bank statements or demands your name is in capital letters? Do you understand the difference between you, yourself, as a sovereign being and your corporate entity, created with your birth certificate? I'm interested to know why discussing this makes me part of the 'the problem'.

No, please explain my being

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bitcoin on 02:17 - Dec 25 with 3839 viewsPunteR

Bitcoin on 00:33 - Dec 25 by hubble

seriously ?"

Its a false currency .
It only works if someone switches the computer on.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bitcoin on 05:29 - Dec 25 with 3801 viewshubble

Bitcoin on 02:17 - Dec 25 by PunteR

Its a false currency .
It only works if someone switches the computer on.

What, like card readers or cash machines or internet banking? Sure, I take your point, I'm a fan of cash too, but we live in a largely cashless society these days, I don't think you can deny that, and a token is a token whether it be carved wood or a piece of paper or a bit of information on a computer. It doesn't make it bitcoin false, just different.

And talking of false, what do you think of the current system of fractional reserve banking, where a bank can lend you money without actually having anything to back it up, no reserves of cash or gold or anything else? Literally make it up out of thin air. Yet they can charge you interest on that money and they can take your house off you if you don't pay them back. Do you think that's okay? And in this so-called fiat currency system we live in today, as Mr ride the wave points out, the ability of a government to pay back the money it's borrowed from these private banks is predicated on their ability to take money from you, by threat or force if necessary. Do you think that's okay? I'm not a fan of it myself to be honest. Backed by gold, that seems okay to me. But at the end of the day, it's all based on belief and trust in something that isn't actually real, just ideas. 'Value' is something we make up, even though it may be based on a physical substance. And cryptocurrencies are no different in that respect. Art is a store of value, just as gold is in our society, just as cryptocurrencies can be. Humans are very good at inventing things, at creating fictions as Noah Yuval Harari says in his book Sapiens. Well worth read I think.

Anyway, Happy Xmas, one and all.

Bitcoin on 11:51 - Dec 25 with 3700 viewsTheBlob

Remember The Golden Rule.
"Who holds the gold makes the rules"

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Bitcoin on 12:25 - Dec 25 with 3687 viewsBoston

I've lost count of how many 'crypto currencies' there are at the moment, 200 plus probably with many more come and gone. I'm interested in both sides of the debate on their merits, particularly as I'm uncomfortable with the house of cards financial system we have embraced since departing from the gold standard, though I have no interest myself in gold as jewelry or a commodity. I do accept that the increased standard of living enjoyed by most of us in the western world is intrinsically linked to the three card monte money men, therefore am wary of calling for its demise.
What I like about the crypto's is the attempt to break free of political interference, what I don't like (one of the things anyway), is the shady trail so many share back to South Korea.
Don't invest more than 1% of your assets in them.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2017 14:59]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Bitcoin on 12:47 - Mar 13 with 2980 viewsdefyler332

-
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 12:52]
Bitcoin on 14:28 - Mar 13 with 2840 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Bitcoin on 12:47 - Mar 13 by defyler332

-

Valid point.
Bitcoin on 14:35 - Mar 13 with 2818 viewsaston_hoop

-

..-. ..- -.-. -.- | --- ..-. ..-.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Bitcoin on 17:14 - Mar 13 with 2677 viewsBoston

-

Lost everything.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Bitcoin on 17:15 - Mar 13 with 2676 viewshopphoops

Bitcoin on 14:35 - Mar 13 by aston_hoop

..-. ..- -.-. -.- | --- ..-. ..-.

.-.. --- .-.. --..

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Bitcoin on 12:24 - Jan 27 with 1691 viewsEsox_Lucius

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-60144498 something to consider.

The grass is always greener.

Bitcoin on 13:49 - Jan 27 with 1518 viewsTacticalR

For the record this thread is from 2017.

Air hostess clique

Bitcoin on 14:19 - Jan 27 with 1462 viewsSonofpugwash

Bitcoin price has halved in the last six months,stands at $36,000.
What are the factors?People are certainly afraid the markets are going to collapse.

I'm certainly worried about the Ukraine situation.It all seems to be kicking off.Up here in the Cambrian Mountains we have the USAF practising low level tactics morning,noon and night.F15 Strike Eagles,Osprey and Hercules transports all involved.Hasn't been as bad as this since the Gulf Wars.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Bitcoin on 14:25 - Jan 27 with 1445 viewsEsox_Lucius

Bitcoin on 13:49 - Jan 27 by TacticalR

For the record this thread is from 2017.

I didn't want to start another thread when there was already one in existence.

The grass is always greener.

Bitcoin on 15:03 - Jan 27 with 1375 viewsJuzzie

Bitcoin on 14:19 - Jan 27 by Sonofpugwash

Bitcoin price has halved in the last six months,stands at $36,000.
What are the factors?People are certainly afraid the markets are going to collapse.

I'm certainly worried about the Ukraine situation.It all seems to be kicking off.Up here in the Cambrian Mountains we have the USAF practising low level tactics morning,noon and night.F15 Strike Eagles,Osprey and Hercules transports all involved.Hasn't been as bad as this since the Gulf Wars.

At least you can have a prepper den, best I've got is a wendy house at the end of the garden!
Bitcoin on 16:16 - Jan 27 with 1266 viewsslmrstid

Bitcoin on 15:03 - Jan 27 by Juzzie

At least you can have a prepper den, best I've got is a wendy house at the end of the garden!

We'll have to dive into the archives of the internet Juzzie and dig out copies of Protect & Survive...
Bitcoin on 16:20 - Jan 27 with 1262 viewsDWQPR

A nice bit of nostalgia

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Bitcoin on 17:30 - Jan 27 with 1174 viewsJuzzie

Bitcoin on 16:20 - Jan 27 by DWQPR

A nice bit of nostalgia

That will all come in handy when.......

Bitcoin on 19:44 - Jan 27 with 1100 viewsSonofpugwash

Sod it.I'm just going to stand in front of a blank wall with a huge cucumber at groin level to get the flash silhouette for posterity.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Bitcoin on 20:26 - Jan 27 with 1043 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Bitcoin on 17:30 - Jan 27 by Juzzie

That will all come in handy when.......

Is that Kerry Dixons penalty finally coming back down to earth?

(One for all you AKUTRs readers)
[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 20:28]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Bitcoin on 20:30 - Jan 27 with 1024 viewsCiderwithRsie

Bitcoin on 16:20 - Jan 27 by DWQPR

A nice bit of nostalgia

God I was telling my son about that the other day!

Came up because I was listening to the Army Museum tapes of my old dad being interviewed about his army career. It got onto his time in the TA, apparently they were assigned to civil defence in case "the balloon went up". He said it seemed pretty pointless learning how to stop riots and looting when he was pretty sure everyone including him was going to be dead.
Bitcoin on 22:45 - Jan 28 with 760 viewsLythamR

Bitcoin on 12:24 - Jan 27 by Esox_Lucius

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-60144498 something to consider.

if they manage to develop true quantum based computing then mankind as we know it will be screwed and encryption breeches will be the least of our concerns
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024