Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Return of the Mack... 13:25 - Dec 21 with 6089 viewsLatticeR

So Ollie has had his hands tied for the last 3 games but will he be putting Mackie's name down first on the team list come Saturday?

I admit to not being Jamie's biggest fan however we may need his greatest asset on saturday, which is his running ability.Rangers will need to close Bristol down from the back and stop them playing through us and put their attack minded full backs under pressure.

Mackie and Washington to start and freshen things up after 60 minutes..2 nil to us is what my heart is telling me
Return of the Mack... on 16:40 - Dec 22 with 1623 viewsPinnerPaul

Anyway the only running he will be doing on Saturday is for late Christmas shopping!
Return of the Mack... on 16:41 - Dec 22 with 1623 viewsrsonist

I'd imagine Ollie watched Bristol City in midweek and found himself pondering why Mackie and Washington wasn't working like Paterson and Reid.

As we see from them (and indeed our own successful first few games this season) the modern idea of having two mobile, high-tempo pressing forwards stretching the play is very sound, but the execution's gone completely to pot.
Return of the Mack... on 19:00 - Dec 22 with 1583 viewsterryb

Return of the Mack... on 16:34 - Dec 22 by daveB

probably not the same people but does make me laugh how many people used to say they don't care if we lose as long as the players try and when the players give everything and lose I'm not seeing those same people as content as they said they were going to be

This is a strange one Dave & I'm someone who now puts the players commitment at the top of my list.

However, I have no idea when I changed to this! It certainly wasn't my attitude in my earlier Rangers days. Nor was it the attitude of most of our support, or Micky Leach wouldn't have suffered the battering that he was given. I would also have Tony Hazel a lot more praise rather than thinking his nickname was appropriate!

Style was the watchword in those far off days, not effort! Perhaps it was Gary Waddock who started the mind switch as he could really play as well as working harder than we were used to.

Jamie Mackie would have received a right hounding by the fans if he had been around in the '70's, but then so would most of our playerrs since the turn of the century.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2017 19:03]
Return of the Mack... on 19:11 - Dec 22 with 1574 viewsDorse

I like Mackie but I don't know what his best position is anymore.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Return of the Mack... on 21:05 - Dec 22 with 1544 viewssmegma

Return of the Mack... on 12:08 - Dec 22 by daveB

Got to love QPR fans on here.

When Mackie was first sold we had months of people angry about it saying we lacked someone with his fight and passion and all we want is players who give everything.

Now he is back we turn our noses up at someone giving their all for the shirt and wanting to play for us.

I don't think Mackie should be first choice but he's still a decent squad player

That's assuming the people who moaned when he left and are now moaning are the same people.
Return of the Mack... on 00:29 - Dec 23 with 1483 viewsBoston

Return of the Mack... on 19:11 - Dec 22 by Dorse

I like Mackie but I don't know what his best position is anymore.

Me neither, but I'm dying to find out.
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/57d1b9112994cac3020ef3f1/t/57e12712440243

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Return of the Mack... on 06:41 - Dec 23 with 1437 viewsLadbrokeR

Return of the Mack... on 12:08 - Dec 22 by daveB

Got to love QPR fans on here.

When Mackie was first sold we had months of people angry about it saying we lacked someone with his fight and passion and all we want is players who give everything.

Now he is back we turn our noses up at someone giving their all for the shirt and wanting to play for us.

I don't think Mackie should be first choice but he's still a decent squad player

I certainly didn’t complain when he was sold but when it comes to playing football there is this thing called ability. To be honest he’s not got as much as he used to have.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024