Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United 11:33 - Jan 3 with 17998 viewsRAFCBLUE

Our friends from Lower Gigg are tremendously excited that these two players are about to sign loan deals; though nothing formally confirmed yet.

Are we in for them too? Before casting aspersions on how our friends financially might be able to afford their wages, both are good players and look surplus to requirements at Sheffield where we have the connection of Matt Done.

Hanson would be a good target man option and Lavery is a great attacking option and a friend of Matty Lund and Callum Camps from their time with Northern Ireland.

Good options?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 19:04 - Jan 4 with 2720 viewsSaxonDale

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 17:42 - Jan 4 by TVOS1907

I think other areas of the team and squad need more attention.

But the reported loan offer before the end of the summer window would suggest that Hill wasn't happy with a keeper, and that was before our dreadful first half of the season. I agree that many other positions do need strengthening though.
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 19:39 - Jan 4 with 2587 viewsdownunder

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 13:47 - Jan 3 by ValleySaddler

Hanson reported as signed on loan by the Bucketeers...

Taxi for bury?
I am on my way back to the Mother Country, hopefully will get to the Southend and Walsall games. (weather permitting).
Fingers crossed, but please let me see battling performances at least. Up the Dale!
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 20:08 - Jan 4 with 2541 viewsDaleiLama

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 18:49 - Jan 4 by Dale23years

Very wishful thinking.

At least some clubs are giving themselves a fighting chance to avoid relegation.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 18:51]

I'm curious D23y. You are always first to stick the boot in when things go wrong.

What experience do you have of:

Coaching in general
Coaching a professional football team
Managing a budget
Man management/motivation
Crisis/adversity management
Conflict resolution

I'm not being hostile - these are genuine questions. I'm sure your views would have more credence if backed by genuine skills and qualifications. Perhaps you could even volunteer your consultancy services?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 20:32 - Jan 4 with 2499 viewsTVOS1907

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 17:39 - Jan 4 by YouTubeDale

Didn't Keith say in his recent interview that if we did bring players in it would be towards the end of the transfer window?

I'm not saying he didn't, but I can't recall him saying that anywhere.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 21:48 - Jan 4 with 2416 viewsmwilly76

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 23:41 - Jan 3 by kiwidale

Without wanting to rack over the coals on the issue but seeing as you mentioned it. In regards to the season ticket promotion, what a f*ck up that was.

I'm going to stop posting for a while I'm far to negative to add anything constructive I'm realising that I'm sounding like a right miserable sod.I hope to be back in a better frame of mind at the end of Jan when we are mid table and 4th round of t'cup.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 23:44]

What a fook up the season ticket promotion was ? Really?
Ive only just come on this group and every comment of yours is saying how bad everybody is and how sad you are.
Try getting first hand experience and attend the games and get your own views instead of just being a keyboard warrior. Go and speak to the board and the players and see how they really feel and get an incite in to the real Dale.

Happy Hakas
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 22:18 - Jan 4 with 2354 viewsThacks_Rabbits

But in fairness kiwi is totally right about the total shambles that was the season ticket promotion. It was a total cock up and managed as well as the team have been this season.

It does worry me to a point that the lack of take up from the fans re the promotion will be blamed on the fans and not russ, and directors may give up on a lost cause. A.k. Going is a worry.

What will be will be. Can’t stop it but the board need to look at the commercial team before they give up. Everything this season has been managed appallingly.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 09:32 - Jan 5 with 2146 viewsRegJenkinsBoot

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 22:18 - Jan 4 by Thacks_Rabbits

But in fairness kiwi is totally right about the total shambles that was the season ticket promotion. It was a total cock up and managed as well as the team have been this season.

It does worry me to a point that the lack of take up from the fans re the promotion will be blamed on the fans and not russ, and directors may give up on a lost cause. A.k. Going is a worry.

What will be will be. Can’t stop it but the board need to look at the commercial team before they give up. Everything this season has been managed appallingly.

"Everything" ??
Really ??

Could you possibly be more specific??
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 12:10 - Jan 5 with 2047 viewsmwilly76

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 22:18 - Jan 4 by Thacks_Rabbits

Everything has been managed appalling ??
Why don't you take time out to approach the club and see what is actually going on. They will welcome you with open arms and listen to your concerns.
Local businesses using our offices on a daily basis, NHS now using a large amount of space, lots of businesses have bought season tickets as well as community groups at our club which has never happened before. This has given us much needed extra income which has never been explored before.
The security and H&S has been totally transformed at the club which needed to be done.
Match day experience is being looked at and changed. We have already seen the new food deals and extra kids activities before the matches.
I agree that the team aren't playing well at the minute but saying that 'everything is being managed appallingly' is totally incorrect.
Message the club and have a sit down with Russ Green or one of the others, you will be glad you did. UPTHEDALE
Login to get fewer ads

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 12:13 - Jan 5 with 2037 viewsD_Alien

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 09:32 - Jan 5 by RegJenkinsBoot

"Everything" ??
Really ??

You might help your case by informing us of what's gone well this season, with specifics

There must be something for you to be so confident about it, and we could do with some good news

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 12:23 - Jan 5 with 2014 viewsD_Alien

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 12:10 - Jan 5 by mwilly76

Why don't you take time out to approach the club and see what is actually going on. They will welcome you with open arms and listen to your concerns.
Local businesses using our offices on a daily basis, NHS now using a large amount of space, lots of businesses have bought season tickets as well as community groups at our club which has never happened before. This has given us much needed extra income which has never been explored before.
The security and H&S has been totally transformed at the club which needed to be done.
Match day experience is being looked at and changed. We have already seen the new food deals and extra kids activities before the matches.
I agree that the team aren't playing well at the minute but saying that 'everything is being managed appallingly' is totally incorrect.
Message the club and have a sit down with Russ Green or one of the others, you will be glad you did. UPTHEDALE

It appears you've done RegJenkinsBoot's job (or jobby) for him

Yes, those are positive aspects and largely to be welcomed, although I can't help feeling they've got very little to do with the core business of the club - but thanks anyway, you obviously have the time and level of interest in the background workings of the club beyond the average fan, who probably just wants to enjoy watching football
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 12:45]

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 12:26 - Jan 5 with 2003 viewsIknoweverything

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 12:10 - Jan 5 by mwilly76

I smell bacon.
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 13:01 - Jan 5 with 1914 viewsmwilly76

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 12:23 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

It appears you've done RegJenkinsBoot's job (or jobby) for him

Yes, those are positive aspects and largely to be welcomed, although I can't help feeling they've got very little to do with the core business of the club - but thanks anyway, you obviously have the time and level of interest in the background workings of the club beyond the average fan, who probably just wants to enjoy watching football
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 12:45]

I follow and support the club and team as best I can. Which includes wanting to know what's going on within the club as well as on the pitch. Hopefully see you all tomorrow UPTHEDALE
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 13:03 - Jan 5 with 1912 viewsrod_leach

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 18:49 - Jan 4 by Dale23years

Very wishful thinking.

At least some clubs are giving themselves a fighting chance to avoid relegation.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 18:51]

If not administration
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 13:05 - Jan 5 with 1906 viewsmwilly76

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 12:26 - Jan 5 by Iknoweverything

I smell bacon.

Which means ?
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 13:15 - Jan 5 with 1883 viewsrochdale_ranger

Oh god another board room lick arse who professes to know the ins and outs of the club and thinks the average punter gives a Shite about the local nurses using the willbutts lane stand and kids entertainment before the games. By the way I wouldn’t know Russ Green if he was stood next to me at the bar in the regal.
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 13:17 - Jan 5 with 1880 viewsSuddenLad

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 13:05 - Jan 5 by mwilly76

Which means ?

He probably thinks you're Danish.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 13:41 - Jan 5 with 1837 viewsmwilly76

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 13:15 - Jan 5 by rochdale_ranger

Oh god another board room lick arse who professes to know the ins and outs of the club and thinks the average punter gives a Shite about the local nurses using the willbutts lane stand and kids entertainment before the games. By the way I wouldn’t know Russ Green if he was stood next to me at the bar in the regal.

Board room Lick arse ha ha ha . What a childish comment that is ha ha . I didn't say I know everything about the club or said anything about the average punter.
I'm the average punter who supports the club , end of story. If you choose to sit on here having a go at every comment well god bless ya. God loves ya brother
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 15:41 - Jan 5 with 1690 viewsRegJenkinsBoot

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 12:13 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

You might help your case by informing us of what's gone well this season, with specifics

There must be something for you to be so confident about it, and we could do with some good news

I haven't got a "case".

I merely asked a poster to attempt to justify an outlandish assertion.

I saw nothing in my post which exuded confidence either.
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 16:08 - Jan 5 with 1645 viewsD_Alien

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 15:41 - Jan 5 by RegJenkinsBoot

I haven't got a "case".

I merely asked a poster to attempt to justify an outlandish assertion.

I saw nothing in my post which exuded confidence either.

For it to be outlandish, it's useful to know why

For instance, when 1907 posted that it was an 'outrage' if signings didn't start arriving immediately, I pointed out that 'outrage' belongs to the real world of war zones, not a third tier sports league

I was simply asking for a positive opinion to counter the negative one, but not to worry, another poster supplied it

I rest my case

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 16:38 - Jan 5 with 1605 viewsRegJenkinsBoot

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 16:08 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

For it to be outlandish, it's useful to know why

For instance, when 1907 posted that it was an 'outrage' if signings didn't start arriving immediately, I pointed out that 'outrage' belongs to the real world of war zones, not a third tier sports league

I was simply asking for a positive opinion to counter the negative one, but not to worry, another poster supplied it

I rest my case

You don't have to know why.
I considered the poster's remark to be "outlandish". That was, and is, my opinion.
Similarly, I am not remotely interested in your definition of "outrage".
I do not need, expect or desire your exhortation to provide a positive opinion. That again would be my opinion, prerogative and business.
I am glad you had a case to rest - that again is your opinion, prerogative and business.
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 16:45 - Jan 5 with 1587 viewsDaleiLama

I don't suppose you know where using the volume control on the new speaker system is on the "to do" list whilst we are on the subject of improving the matchday experience? Be nice to be able to have a coversation rather than a shouted exchange with the person stood/sat next to you.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 17:11 - Jan 5 with 1529 viewsD_Alien

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 16:38 - Jan 5 by RegJenkinsBoot

You don't have to know why.
I considered the poster's remark to be "outlandish". That was, and is, my opinion.
Similarly, I am not remotely interested in your definition of "outrage".
I do not need, expect or desire your exhortation to provide a positive opinion. That again would be my opinion, prerogative and business.
I am glad you had a case to rest - that again is your opinion, prerogative and business.

Of course I don't have to know why - but let me put this to you...

We have posters who delight in negativity and rubbishing members of the Dale squad. When asked why, all they seem to manage to say - if they say anything - is that "it's their opinion"

(At least they don't say "it's their opinion, prerogative and business")

But my point is this - if you can't back up an opinion, it's not worth listening to

I rest my case, prerogative, opinion and business

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 17:24 - Jan 5 with 1503 viewskiwidale

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 21:48 - Jan 4 by mwilly76

What a fook up the season ticket promotion was ? Really?
Ive only just come on this group and every comment of yours is saying how bad everybody is and how sad you are.
Try getting first hand experience and attend the games and get your own views instead of just being a keyboard warrior. Go and speak to the board and the players and see how they really feel and get an incite in to the real Dale.

Happy Hakas

Ive just poped in to say Hi Russ

This is not the time for bickering.

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 18:33 - Jan 5 with 1425 viewsRegJenkinsBoot

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 17:11 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

Of course I don't have to know why - but let me put this to you...

We have posters who delight in negativity and rubbishing members of the Dale squad. When asked why, all they seem to manage to say - if they say anything - is that "it's their opinion"

(At least they don't say "it's their opinion, prerogative and business")

But my point is this - if you can't back up an opinion, it's not worth listening to

I rest my case, prerogative, opinion and business

Right - you really are an irksome little man and becoming very tedious to boot.

I merely tried to get an explanation of a posting from another board member but you had to stick your obnoxiously-aggressive and self-aggrandising hooter in (as is your habitual wont).

The opinion on which you unworthily presume to question me is about my choice of the word "outlandish" - how can I reasonably be expected to back this up ??

For a number of years I have kept my patience with your persistently irritating demeanour without rising to the bait of your keyboard warrior tactics but enough is enough. I will no longer permit your poisonous opinions and personality to impinge upon my enjoyment of this message board.

You are on "Ignore" henceforth and my life is enriched as a consequence.

Toodle pip and off you jog.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 18:38]
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 18:53 - Jan 5 with 1382 viewsThacks_Rabbits

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 09:32 - Jan 5 by RegJenkinsBoot

"Everything" ??
Really ??

Happy to.

We launch a scheme which in theory is great, the aims to attract more fans, even at a reduced price is a great idea. Encourage fans now and in the future, get bums on seats and increase revenue from programs, food, merchandise etc. So far all great.

We then spend weeks moving the goalposts, not advertising sufficiently or in some cases if my memory serves me right incorrectly, eventually settling at a price that tickets were sold at regardless of actual take up. It was over complicated from day 1. Ok it worked at Hartlepool but I believe their attendance is higher than outs now, 2 divisions below us, without russ green.

Ideas re how it could have been done better have been done to death but it did not work, and I guess our income from season ticket sales and attendance is down from last season.

I wish it had worked but it did not, it may be why we keep hearing no funds are available. Add the sweetmore thing, poor signings, poor performances, our best players going, selection and position issues. It’s not been good!

I wish things had worked but they have not and hopefully lessons will be learned, and next season will work and we remain in l1. Advice has been offered a plenty by many on here, including myself, and many have various skills the club could use to help and ideas that would work or worth trying. But as stated team rochdale seems to be as and when it suits.

For the record reg I have spoke to a director a bit back and was offered an interview for the commercial job, sadly I never took this up as the level of competence the reply to my c.v. Showed.

I hope things improve and it’s not a case of being negative for the sake of it. I just hope everyone gets their bloody fingers out!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024