Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United 11:33 - Jan 3 with 17997 viewsRAFCBLUE

Our friends from Lower Gigg are tremendously excited that these two players are about to sign loan deals; though nothing formally confirmed yet.

Are we in for them too? Before casting aspersions on how our friends financially might be able to afford their wages, both are good players and look surplus to requirements at Sheffield where we have the connection of Matt Done.

Hanson would be a good target man option and Lavery is a great attacking option and a friend of Matty Lund and Callum Camps from their time with Northern Ireland.

Good options?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 19:06 - Jan 5 with 2317 viewsmwilly76

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 16:45 - Jan 5 by DaleiLama

I don't suppose you know where using the volume control on the new speaker system is on the "to do" list whilst we are on the subject of improving the matchday experience? Be nice to be able to have a coversation rather than a shouted exchange with the person stood/sat next to you.

I will find out no problem. I will also tell everybody else in all stands not to sing so you can carry on your conversation. UPTHEDALE
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 19:35 - Jan 5 with 2230 viewsD_Alien

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 18:33 - Jan 5 by RegJenkinsBoot

Right - you really are an irksome little man and becoming very tedious to boot.

I merely tried to get an explanation of a posting from another board member but you had to stick your obnoxiously-aggressive and self-aggrandising hooter in (as is your habitual wont).

The opinion on which you unworthily presume to question me is about my choice of the word "outlandish" - how can I reasonably be expected to back this up ??

For a number of years I have kept my patience with your persistently irritating demeanour without rising to the bait of your keyboard warrior tactics but enough is enough. I will no longer permit your poisonous opinions and personality to impinge upon my enjoyment of this message board.

You are on "Ignore" henceforth and my life is enriched as a consequence.

Toodle pip and off you jog.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 18:38]

Nice line in meaningless vituperation, when I merely tried to get an explanation from you

Good riddance

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 20:01 - Jan 5 with 2191 viewsBartRowou

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 19:06 - Jan 5 by mwilly76

I will find out no problem. I will also tell everybody else in all stands not to sing so you can carry on your conversation. UPTHEDALE

You're trying to be funny there and have completely misunderstood his point.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 20:03 - Jan 5 with 2188 viewsTVOS1907

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 19:06 - Jan 5 by mwilly76

How are you in a position to find out?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 20:21 - Jan 5 with 2154 viewskiwidale

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 18:33 - Jan 5 by RegJenkinsBoot

Right - you really are an irksome little man and becoming very tedious to boot.

I merely tried to get an explanation of a posting from another board member but you had to stick your obnoxiously-aggressive and self-aggrandising hooter in (as is your habitual wont).

The opinion on which you unworthily presume to question me is about my choice of the word "outlandish" - how can I reasonably be expected to back this up ??

For a number of years I have kept my patience with your persistently irritating demeanour without rising to the bait of your keyboard warrior tactics but enough is enough. I will no longer permit your poisonous opinions and personality to impinge upon my enjoyment of this message board.

You are on "Ignore" henceforth and my life is enriched as a consequence.

Toodle pip and off you jog.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 18:38]

Is the season of goodwill over?

This is not the time for bickering.

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 20:22 - Jan 5 with 2153 viewsRegJenkinsBoot

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 18:53 - Jan 5 by Thacks_Rabbits

Happy to.

We launch a scheme which in theory is great, the aims to attract more fans, even at a reduced price is a great idea. Encourage fans now and in the future, get bums on seats and increase revenue from programs, food, merchandise etc. So far all great.

We then spend weeks moving the goalposts, not advertising sufficiently or in some cases if my memory serves me right incorrectly, eventually settling at a price that tickets were sold at regardless of actual take up. It was over complicated from day 1. Ok it worked at Hartlepool but I believe their attendance is higher than outs now, 2 divisions below us, without russ green.

Ideas re how it could have been done better have been done to death but it did not work, and I guess our income from season ticket sales and attendance is down from last season.

I wish it had worked but it did not, it may be why we keep hearing no funds are available. Add the sweetmore thing, poor signings, poor performances, our best players going, selection and position issues. It’s not been good!

I wish things had worked but they have not and hopefully lessons will be learned, and next season will work and we remain in l1. Advice has been offered a plenty by many on here, including myself, and many have various skills the club could use to help and ideas that would work or worth trying. But as stated team rochdale seems to be as and when it suits.

For the record reg I have spoke to a director a bit back and was offered an interview for the commercial job, sadly I never took this up as the level of competence the reply to my c.v. Showed.

I hope things improve and it’s not a case of being negative for the sake of it. I just hope everyone gets their bloody fingers out!!!

Thanks for the courtesy of your reply TR (something sadly lacking amongst a malicious minority of our brethren on this forum).
I fully understand and empathise with your stance on the season ticket situation, and even the Dave Sweetmore fiasco, but it was the all-embracing "everything" wrong with management at the Club which I felt was unfair.
On the football side, I think we have all been disappointed by results on the pitch. True our signings have failed to replace the talent we lost in the close season (although 2 of 3 were contract expirations so what were we supposed to do?). No-one on this Forum would have expected Matt Done's return to prove so under-whelming and, when the Board did commit hard cash to the cause, JWilliams has not lived up to his billing. Nevertheless, Hilly is without a shadow of doubt, the best manager we have ever had or ever will, and I trust him to get out us out of this predicament (even if, some will argue, that "he got us into it" !!).
At the risk of sounding like "what have the Romans ever done for us", and in the interests of balance (again something of a rarity amongst certain self-serving forum members) can I offer up the following examples of "good management"? :-
1. The continued development through the youth team (Morley, Adshead, Matheson etc)
2. The significant improvement in the Official Site content.
3. The income stream from hiring out "spare" stadium office space.
4. The tribute to Joshua McCormack and the turnstile plaque to a deceased veteran Dale supporter.
5. Inception of free "after-match events" in Ratcliffe Bar
6. The ongoing Schools Initiative.

Fingers firmly crossed for a significant improvement in fortunes in the second half of the season.

Up the Dale.
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 20:24 - Jan 5 with 2143 viewsRegJenkinsBoot

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 20:21 - Jan 5 by kiwidale

Is the season of goodwill over?

Most definitely - patience well and truly exhausted in this direction.
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 20:32 - Jan 5 with 2123 viewsIknoweverything

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 09:32 - Jan 5 by RegJenkinsBoot

"Everything" ??
Really ??

Could you possibly be more specific??

Gawd. Here’s another one with a vested interest.
Login to get fewer ads

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 20:39 - Jan 5 with 2106 viewsRegJenkinsBoot

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 20:32 - Jan 5 by Iknoweverything

Gawd. Here’s another one with a vested interest.

See above.
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 20:48 - Jan 5 with 2087 viewsIknoweverything

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 20:39 - Jan 5 by RegJenkinsBoot

See above.

Yeah, I see it. You’re hardly impartial though, are you?
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 21:25 - Jan 5 with 2014 viewsDaleiLama

I must have missed the bit where I suggested singing was too loud? I never would. Thanks for the offer of putting words into my mouth too but I am perfectly capable of managing that on my own. I was offering constructive criticism to improve the matchday experience. It's good to know you have taken on the role of moral arbiter, forum police, fan liaison officer and cheerleader in the same trousers. Just hope that doesn't make you too big for your boots.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 21:39 - Jan 5 with 1977 viewsThacks_Rabbits

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 20:22 - Jan 5 by RegJenkinsBoot

Thanks for the courtesy of your reply TR (something sadly lacking amongst a malicious minority of our brethren on this forum).
I fully understand and empathise with your stance on the season ticket situation, and even the Dave Sweetmore fiasco, but it was the all-embracing "everything" wrong with management at the Club which I felt was unfair.
On the football side, I think we have all been disappointed by results on the pitch. True our signings have failed to replace the talent we lost in the close season (although 2 of 3 were contract expirations so what were we supposed to do?). No-one on this Forum would have expected Matt Done's return to prove so under-whelming and, when the Board did commit hard cash to the cause, JWilliams has not lived up to his billing. Nevertheless, Hilly is without a shadow of doubt, the best manager we have ever had or ever will, and I trust him to get out us out of this predicament (even if, some will argue, that "he got us into it" !!).
At the risk of sounding like "what have the Romans ever done for us", and in the interests of balance (again something of a rarity amongst certain self-serving forum members) can I offer up the following examples of "good management"? :-
1. The continued development through the youth team (Morley, Adshead, Matheson etc)
2. The significant improvement in the Official Site content.
3. The income stream from hiring out "spare" stadium office space.
4. The tribute to Joshua McCormack and the turnstile plaque to a deceased veteran Dale supporter.
5. Inception of free "after-match events" in Ratcliffe Bar
6. The ongoing Schools Initiative.

Fingers firmly crossed for a significant improvement in fortunes in the second half of the season.

Up the Dale.

Reg. to me it is never personal and we all have opinions. It’s a pub discussion inline basically. We all love the club and see ways it could possibly be improved. Still we all have the same aims and wishes.

I will never knock Keith, and his achievements, don’t particularly like the guy but he has been brilliant here - and don’t forget we have been brilliant to him.

I honestly expected Matty to sign, he would be not even a bit part at United. It was all down to deals behind the scenes, wages, pay offs etc. But maybe the cost of this is a fair bit.

I was so proud of our club and players re josh - I was also proud of football fans as I know for a fact a lot of other fans, particularly Bury fans donated a lot. Would also mention joe t in this, great example to anyone.

The youth set up is great. We are developing players, sadly often flogged too early!!! But we have a hell of a set up.

The other points I don’t know everything about so will take what you say, and that’s great we are doing things in those areas. We all on same side, except a few trolls, so fingers crossed things improve.

Courtesy costs nothing reg and appreciate yours. Most of us are on the same side and ty for your reply.

Up the dale!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 22:29 - Jan 5 with 1882 viewsrdaleouis

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 21:39 - Jan 5 by Thacks_Rabbits

Reg. to me it is never personal and we all have opinions. It’s a pub discussion inline basically. We all love the club and see ways it could possibly be improved. Still we all have the same aims and wishes.

I will never knock Keith, and his achievements, don’t particularly like the guy but he has been brilliant here - and don’t forget we have been brilliant to him.

I honestly expected Matty to sign, he would be not even a bit part at United. It was all down to deals behind the scenes, wages, pay offs etc. But maybe the cost of this is a fair bit.

I was so proud of our club and players re josh - I was also proud of football fans as I know for a fact a lot of other fans, particularly Bury fans donated a lot. Would also mention joe t in this, great example to anyone.

The youth set up is great. We are developing players, sadly often flogged too early!!! But we have a hell of a set up.

The other points I don’t know everything about so will take what you say, and that’s great we are doing things in those areas. We all on same side, except a few trolls, so fingers crossed things improve.

Courtesy costs nothing reg and appreciate yours. Most of us are on the same side and ty for your reply.

Up the dale!!!

Must say that to see a debate on this forum between two people end in a diplomatic, friendly way were both parties can get their points across without being shamed or name-called by the opposing party and both actually acknowledge that, although we all have different opinions, we ultimately are all aiming for the same objective, is frankly an all too rare sight on this forum and we probably could all learn a bit from this conversation for our future posts.
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 22:36 - Jan 5 with 1866 viewsD_Alien

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 21:25 - Jan 5 by DaleiLama

I must have missed the bit where I suggested singing was too loud? I never would. Thanks for the offer of putting words into my mouth too but I am perfectly capable of managing that on my own. I was offering constructive criticism to improve the matchday experience. It's good to know you have taken on the role of moral arbiter, forum police, fan liaison officer and cheerleader in the same trousers. Just hope that doesn't make you too big for your boots.

Well said

Reg Jenkins had big boots, and they're not going to be filled by pipsqueaks

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United (n/t) on 03:29 - Jan 6 with 1671 viewsrochdaleriddler

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 20:08 - Jan 4 by DaleiLama

I'm curious D23y. You are always first to stick the boot in when things go wrong.

What experience do you have of:

Coaching in general
Coaching a professional football team
Managing a budget
Man management/motivation
Crisis/adversity management
Conflict resolution

I'm not being hostile - these are genuine questions. I'm sure your views would have more credence if backed by genuine skills and qualifications. Perhaps you could even volunteer your consultancy services?

[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 3:29]

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 07:55 - Jan 6 with 1631 viewsIknoweverything

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 22:29 - Jan 5 by rdaleouis

Must say that to see a debate on this forum between two people end in a diplomatic, friendly way were both parties can get their points across without being shamed or name-called by the opposing party and both actually acknowledge that, although we all have different opinions, we ultimately are all aiming for the same objective, is frankly an all too rare sight on this forum and we probably could all learn a bit from this conversation for our future posts.

Mahatma Ghandi here.
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 15:38 - Jan 6 with 1448 viewsJimmyRustler

Sometimes I have to remind myself that most of the people on here are grown men...Jesus H
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 16:39 - Jan 6 with 1371 viewsDaleiLama

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 15:38 - Jan 6 by JimmyRustler

Sometimes I have to remind myself that most of the people on here are grown men...Jesus H

Blasphemous dwarfist?

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 16:49 - Jan 6 with 1354 viewspioneer

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 15:38 - Jan 6 by JimmyRustler

physically maybe, but beyond that I would have some doubts about some
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 16:52 - Jan 6 with 1348 viewsDaleiLama

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 16:49 - Jan 6 by pioneer

physically maybe, but beyond that I would have some doubts about some

How's the weather Pioneer? Sounds wicked ........ hope your travel plans aren't too disrupted!

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 17:07 - Jan 6 with 1315 viewsJimmyRustler

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 16:39 - Jan 6 by DaleiLama

Blasphemous dwarfist?

I'm gonna be the bigger man here and hold my tongue...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024