Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC 22:28 - Jan 25 with 39927 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 27 Jan 2018 14:05]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:00 - Jan 27 with 3044 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 16:57 - Jan 27 by veng9

First one Bony should've scored but don't see how the last one was a sitter. Carroll's cross was going away from goal and had no power on it.

Great cross (for a change), free header, goalkeeper covering the back post...
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:00 - Jan 27 with 3038 viewsjasper_T

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 16:59 - Jan 27 by ZZoric

we desperately need a fox-in-the-box to provide the focal point

such player (Defoe for example) would draw and provide the target - a target to feed

it would instantly energise the CAM etc

a fox in the box + creative CAM is the gap

Isn't that what Tammy is supposed to be?
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:00 - Jan 27 with 3039 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 16:51 - Jan 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

just knock us out county ffs

Another bloody replay. That was poor but we really should have won it. A bloody awful first 20 mins in the second half was our undoing.
Another sodding replay. I am fed up with bloody night games at the Liberty.
In fairness Carlos set up to win this one. We have had to use players he was saving for Arsenal. It makes this match all the more difficult for us.
I am sure we have a great chance to finish it off here but it is another game we could do without.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:01 - Jan 27 with 3009 viewsbarry_island

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 16:54 - Jan 27 by swanjackal

Cowsarsebanjoitis?

Age related?

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:03 - Jan 27 with 2965 viewsPegojack

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 16:55 - Jan 27 by E20Jack

Atttude terrible throughout.

Flicks and tricks, laughing and joking.

No urgency, no respect and no desire to win that game.

Not often I lay into them but Jesus that was hard to watch.

This.

The slack defending and ball watching for their goal was disgraceful. Wilf was as blunt as a spoon. Carroll seems to think he's playing five a side where the ball isn't allowed to go above head height. There's no guile, no creativity and very little pace in the final third. Ki made a difference in moving the ball around quicker but his forward passing was wayward on more than one occasion. OK, I know we haven't had much practice this season of dominating games and trying to break down a team who's parked the bus, but apparently Exeter and Crawley beat County in their last two home games, FFS.
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:05 - Jan 27 with 2894 viewsperchrockjack

Carroll s cross? .more like our cross is Carroll. Staggering he is a Prem league player

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:11 - Jan 27 with 2762 viewsTenbySwan

I have to say that Bony and Abraham were woeful upfront. No spark no creativity.

We came out second half with no urgency.
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:14 - Jan 27 with 2721 viewsthornabyswan

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:03 - Jan 27 by Pegojack

This.

The slack defending and ball watching for their goal was disgraceful. Wilf was as blunt as a spoon. Carroll seems to think he's playing five a side where the ball isn't allowed to go above head height. There's no guile, no creativity and very little pace in the final third. Ki made a difference in moving the ball around quicker but his forward passing was wayward on more than one occasion. OK, I know we haven't had much practice this season of dominating games and trying to break down a team who's parked the bus, but apparently Exeter and Crawley beat County in their last two home games, FFS.

I am happy we are still in the cup only 14 games to play in the league so no congestion really.
Not easy playing league 1 league 2 sides away in the cup as West Ham found out today.
Well done Swans bring on Arsenal.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Login to get fewer ads

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:14 - Jan 27 with 2720 viewsicecoldjack

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:05 - Jan 27 by perchrockjack

Carroll s cross? .more like our cross is Carroll. Staggering he is a Prem league player

Even more staggering was the many on here thinking he was a better bet than Joe Allen! you can always use this general rule in life and in football. "buy cheap buy twice" that's what we've done the last 3/4 yrs .

Tome is a woeful footballer for prem league, he has fragile confidence and is very limited in what he can bring to our team, i 'd say we got caught in paying £5m for him myself.

Amazed that he made zero impact here the first time yet for some reason even less game time and years later he is deemed a legit transfer target ! he couldn't get in the team ahead of our lower league pro's made good. Not what we needed.

I blame Huw Jenkins for most of what is wrong at the Swans, Tom carol is a classic example of everything that is wrong there. Harsh on the player but he isn't of the standard yet and may never be.
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:14 - Jan 27 with 2715 viewsPozuelosSideys

Meh. Another replay. Cant say im gutted about adding another game to the fixture list. The more, the better in trying to get the turgid Clement shite out of the system.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:14 - Jan 27 with 2708 viewsbarry_island

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 16:59 - Jan 27 by airedale

‘Cos of the booking fee?

Perhaps Hoo is worried about having to pay those on any signings.

It's a good job he's stayed in place for all of January.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:18 - Jan 27 with 2658 viewsMorfa_Same

I'm currently on a train heading home from the match. Christ that was awful. Second half we looked every inch a League 2 side. I really hope Jenkins was there to see just how much is still to be done in this window. Our midfield will not keep us up. Thought we did OK first half but once Ki replaced Sanches we lost all momentum and creativity. No excuses please Jenkins, it's time to deliver.
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:18 - Jan 27 with 2651 viewslondonlisa2001

Shocking attitude throughout the team today. Fresh from beating Liverpool, we quite obviously believed that we just had to turn up. Absolutely no commitment, desire, heart or drive whatsoever, exemplified by Mawson for their goal who couldn't be bothered to compete, shoved up his hand and played their scorer onside through utter, utter laziness.

As for Bony and Abraham. Dear God.

Shameful.

Feel sorry for those 1500 that made the trek. They should be given their money back from the appearance bonuses of those that played today.

Never mind - we've 4 days left of the window ...
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:19 - Jan 27 with 2646 viewshuwlittle

#lifeafterMesa

Swansea jack

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:19 - Jan 27 with 2646 viewsLandore_Jack

People having a go at Bony. Fer was shocking.

#backtojack

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:20 - Jan 27 with 2625 viewsjasper_T

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:19 - Jan 27 by Landore_Jack

People having a go at Bony. Fer was shocking.

But Fer didn't play today.

Did he?
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:20 - Jan 27 with 2611 viewskarnataka

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 16:38 - Jan 27 by jasper_T

Why is our development right back who's only really played league two football the only player capable of making dangerous runs in behind defences?

Coaching. The development squad is coached to be positive and to try to win games, the first team squad has had all positivity coached out of them and that caution is better.
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:24 - Jan 27 with 2543 viewsthornabyswan

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:18 - Jan 27 by londonlisa2001

Shocking attitude throughout the team today. Fresh from beating Liverpool, we quite obviously believed that we just had to turn up. Absolutely no commitment, desire, heart or drive whatsoever, exemplified by Mawson for their goal who couldn't be bothered to compete, shoved up his hand and played their scorer onside through utter, utter laziness.

Shameful.

Feel sorry for those 1500 that made the trek. They should be given their money back from the appearance bonuses of those that played today.

Disagree with that sorry attitude was spot on first half
They had 20 minutes in the 2nd as you would expect in an FA cup tie.
After the goal we dominated the game again.
Lots of changes from the Liverpool game.
So the side was a bit disjointed but overall a decent performance.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:25 - Jan 27 with 2537 viewsLandore_Jack

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:20 - Jan 27 by jasper_T

But Fer didn't play today.

Did he?

He was anonymous today. Hardly surprised he was substituted.

#backtojack

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:28 - Jan 27 with 2492 viewsshandyjack

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:24 - Jan 27 by thornabyswan

Disagree with that sorry attitude was spot on first half
They had 20 minutes in the 2nd as you would expect in an FA cup tie.
After the goal we dominated the game again.
Lots of changes from the Liverpool game.
So the side was a bit disjointed but overall a decent performance.

YOU HAVe to be joking, decent performance? It was embarrassing second half. Players had no imagination, no fight, lazy decisions. Absolute joke

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:31 - Jan 27 with 2477 viewsGlyn1

Walking back from the stadium to the train station took me past Hooters. I decided to go in so I could be offended but was turned away by the door staff. 'Reservations only.' Bloody typical. I'm offended.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:33 - Jan 27 with 2449 viewsmonmouth

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:18 - Jan 27 by londonlisa2001

Shameful.

I really didn't see it like that. They didn't have an edge today for sure, but I'm surprised anyone expected more. This was a sideshow, not a main event, a chance to wlak around with the pressure off and try and build some patterns. Half paced was always on the cards and I thought it was mostly ok. Abraham was total pony and Bony was terrible, but I don't think either will figure much on Tuesday.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:38 - Jan 27 with 2408 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:33 - Jan 27 by monmouth

I really didn't see it like that. They didn't have an edge today for sure, but I'm surprised anyone expected more. This was a sideshow, not a main event, a chance to wlak around with the pressure off and try and build some patterns. Half paced was always on the cards and I thought it was mostly ok. Abraham was total pony and Bony was terrible, but I don't think either will figure much on Tuesday.

I thought it was a perfect demonstration to Mr Jenkins and the Yanks that we need some players who can actually score goals.
You can't say that they were NOT provided with chances, they are just incapable of taking them.
14 shots, 9 on target and most of those directly at the Goalkeeper at low speed.
We all know we need to spend, perhaps now they will finally get the chequebooks out.
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:40 - Jan 27 with 2398 viewsAguycalledJack

Went 1-0 up and thought they could coast through the second half.

Shocking mindset and that’s without the woeful football served up.
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:40 - Jan 27 with 2397 viewsthornabyswan

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:33 - Jan 27 by monmouth

Problem.is there is a sense of entitlement with some.
That we should just roll over these sides.
I am grateful for crumbs at the moment after watching dreadful negative football under Clement.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024