Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC 22:28 - Jan 25 with 39929 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 27 Jan 2018 14:05]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:42 - Jan 27 with 3022 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:33 - Jan 27 by monmouth

I really didn't see it like that. They didn't have an edge today for sure, but I'm surprised anyone expected more. This was a sideshow, not a main event, a chance to wlak around with the pressure off and try and build some patterns. Half paced was always on the cards and I thought it was mostly ok. Abraham was total pony and Bony was terrible, but I don't think either will figure much on Tuesday.

I thought we were absolutely woeful.

We were a little better in the first half than the second, but we didn't give a crap. Not giving a crap and playing at half speed when you saunter out a 2 goal victory is one thing, doing it and not being able to beat a team that together quite possibly gets paid less than Bony is on is a disgrace.

I didn't see it as a chance to walk around and build patterns, I saw it as a chance to give it our all (at least until safe), and score some goals in an attempt to create some confidence and put some zip and spark into our lacklustre forward line.
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:47 - Jan 27 with 3003 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:42 - Jan 27 by londonlisa2001

We were a little better in the first half than the second, but we didn't give a crap. Not giving a crap and playing at half speed when you saunter out a 2 goal victory is one thing, doing it and not being able to beat a team that together quite possibly gets paid less than Bony is on is a disgrace.

I didn't see it as a chance to walk around and build patterns, I saw it as a chance to give it our all (at least until safe), and score some goals in an attempt to create some confidence and put some zip and spark into our lacklustre forward line.

14 shots and 9 on target.
They tried, but they are just CRAP at scoring, it took Narsingh to show them how to do it.
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:50 - Jan 27 with 2990 viewscockneyswan

After watching that abject performance, I think Carlos message must have been “ ok if you can win it without too much effort do it, however if we lose don’t worry, we got bigger fish to fry. Unfortunately Notts co delighted with another pay day.
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:59 - Jan 27 with 2933 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:40 - Jan 27 by thornabyswan

Problem.is there is a sense of entitlement with some.
That we should just roll over these sides.
I am grateful for crumbs at the moment after watching dreadful negative football under Clement.

I have a sense of entitlement. I feel entitled to see the team I support match our opponents for effort.

That's as far as my entitlement goes though. Where the cookie crumbles after that, I completely accept.

Today, we didn't match them for effort. I find that unacceptable.
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:59 - Jan 27 with 2933 viewsAmbergambler

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:50 - Jan 27 by cockneyswan

After watching that abject performance, I think Carlos message must have been “ ok if you can win it without too much effort do it, however if we lose don’t worry, we got bigger fish to fry. Unfortunately Notts co delighted with another pay day.

Exactly.

It would have kinder to put us out of our misery. There isn't the quality in the squad to deal with any extra games if we are to have any hope of staying up.

We must get in a goal scorer to stand any chance and the window is closing!!
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 18:17 - Jan 27 with 2865 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:14 - Jan 27 by barry_island

Perhaps Hoo is worried about having to pay those on any signings.

It's a good job he's stayed in place for all of January.

We'd have been fûcked without his expertise in the transfer market.
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 18:23 - Jan 27 with 2827 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:42 - Jan 27 by londonlisa2001

Perhaps you would like to compare our performance to Spurs first half and provide some nice words to describe their players.
Woeful, Pathetic, Lazy, Useless must apply after all they are only a Top Six side.
Isn't this exactly what Cup Ties are all about?
[Post edited 27 Jan 2018 18:24]
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 18:30 - Jan 27 with 2801 viewsmonmouth

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 18:17 - Jan 27 by WarwickHunt

We'd have been fûcked without his expertise in the transfer market.

Hold your horses mun, he's an "expert at getting them over the line" as I recall. Give him a chance. The line is still around 12.9% of the window away. What's the rush?It's not as ifwe're bottom or anything.

He definitely won't do a Yiadom, McBurnie, Allen, Leacock or Valencia with the 3 or 4 corkers he has dangling on his dang, begging to sign.

Indispensible.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 18:36 - Jan 27 with 2769 viewsjackrabbit

I only saw the second half but it was obvious that County wanted it more. I sincerely hope Bony is unfit and lacking match practice because he was dreadful - slow, ponderous, clumsy and indolent. Both he and Abraham were AWOL in the goal area. A centre forward needs to be pressurising the goalkeeper, be on hand for crosses in front of the goalkeeper and be available to tuck away rebounds - neither of them were ever there when they needed to be. Abraham was our only touch of class at the start of the season. What has happened to him?

Ki made mistakes but he looked classy - he passed the ball well and tried to slide balls inside the fullback for Narsingh to run on to. He doesn't deserve the special bile he gets on here. At least he looks like a footballer. Ayew must have been as underwhelmed as we were by the Swans performance because when he came on he decided he would beat County on his own.

All in all Swans looked like a team that were saving themselves for a big game on Tuesday night. I thought County were terrific.
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 18:39 - Jan 27 with 2749 viewsthornabyswan

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:59 - Jan 27 by londonlisa2001

I have a sense of entitlement. I feel entitled to see the team I support match our opponents for effort.

That's as far as my entitlement goes though. Where the cookie crumbles after that, I completely accept.

Today, we didn't match them for effort. I find that unacceptable.

No I dont think you do have a sense of entitlement but plenty do.
Spurs didn't have a single shot on target first half.
It's not easy in these games.
Carlos is doing a fantastic job under very trying circumstances I just think you were over critical.
1 defeat in 7 games now onwards and upwards.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 18:41 - Jan 27 with 2736 viewsswan65split

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 17:11 - Jan 27 by TenbySwan

I have to say that Bony and Abraham were woeful upfront. No spark no creativity.

We came out second half with no urgency.

I have to admit that Abraham has really disappointed me so far,
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 19:02 - Jan 27 with 2650 viewsZZoric

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 18:39 - Jan 27 by thornabyswan

Carlos is doing a fantastic job under very trying circumstances I just think you were over critical.

bang on - folk are so keen to criticise and so reluctant to praise

tis sadly a common trait amongst the great uninformed and unwashed

name n shame.......
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 19:09 - Jan 27 with 2625 viewsAmbergambler

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 18:36 - Jan 27 by jackrabbit

I only saw the second half but it was obvious that County wanted it more. I sincerely hope Bony is unfit and lacking match practice because he was dreadful - slow, ponderous, clumsy and indolent. Both he and Abraham were AWOL in the goal area. A centre forward needs to be pressurising the goalkeeper, be on hand for crosses in front of the goalkeeper and be available to tuck away rebounds - neither of them were ever there when they needed to be. Abraham was our only touch of class at the start of the season. What has happened to him?

Ki made mistakes but he looked classy - he passed the ball well and tried to slide balls inside the fullback for Narsingh to run on to. He doesn't deserve the special bile he gets on here. At least he looks like a footballer. Ayew must have been as underwhelmed as we were by the Swans performance because when he came on he decided he would beat County on his own.

All in all Swans looked like a team that were saving themselves for a big game on Tuesday night. I thought County were terrific.

I think Man City have ruined Bony by giving him hardly any game time.

Never understood why they wanted him in the first place, given their squad.

It's going to take him a while to get up to speed with scoring unless a ball flukily lands on his head or at his feet.
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 19:26 - Jan 27 with 2576 viewsjackrabbit

Another outstanding display and result from another County - Newport County. Well done! They have a replay with Spurs at Wembley. Excellent for Welsh football.
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 20:29 - Jan 27 with 2314 viewsItchySphincter

I've seen us far worse. Regularly.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 20:38 - Jan 27 with 2246 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 18:41 - Jan 27 by swan65split

I have to admit that Abraham has really disappointed me so far,

I really like Tammy, but I think he needs to be upping his game now (I know injuries and all that) or he'll find himself making his living in the lower divisions.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 20:44 - Jan 27 with 2203 viewsAmbergambler

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 20:38 - Jan 27 by Flashberryjack

I really like Tammy, but I think he needs to be upping his game now (I know injuries and all that) or he'll find himself making his living in the lower divisions.

He hasn't won his Ballon d'Or yet, bless him
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 20:45 - Jan 27 with 2203 viewsGlyn1

This was the best possible result for us - and I'm serious about saying that. It gives our reserves a meaningful game, and no-one would care if we lose (which we won't). Seriously, what's not to like?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 20:55 - Jan 27 with 2127 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 20:44 - Jan 27 by Ambergambler

He hasn't won his Ballon d'Or yet, bless him

At the moment he could hit a ballon door, let alone win one.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 21:10 - Jan 27 with 2045 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 18:39 - Jan 27 by thornabyswan

I also think Carlos is doing a fantastic job. I really do.

Today was the first game I saw the attitude problems we suffered under Clement (and haven't under Carlos) and I found it really annoying. Mawson for their goal genuinely made me angry.
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 21:23 - Jan 27 with 1967 viewsthornabyswan

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 21:10 - Jan 27 by londonlisa2001

Today was the first game I saw the attitude problems we suffered under Clement (and haven't under Carlos) and I found it really annoying. Mawson for their goal genuinely made me angry.

I didn't see the attitude problem Notts County had a good 20 minutes but apart from.that I thought we were well on top.
Hopefully will win the replay and a home draw next.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 21:24 - Jan 27 with 1964 viewsplasjack

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 21:10 - Jan 27 by londonlisa2001

Well Spurs were struggling as well as us, its the FA cup results are unpredictable.
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 21:30 - Jan 27 with 1937 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 21:24 - Jan 27 by plasjack

Well Spurs were struggling as well as us, its the FA cup results are unpredictable.

I didn't see the Spurs match.
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 21:31 - Jan 27 with 1930 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 21:23 - Jan 27 by thornabyswan

I didn't see the attitude problem Notts County had a good 20 minutes but apart from.that I thought we were well on top.
Hopefully will win the replay and a home draw next.

I didn't see us break sweat. Actually with the notable exception of Roberts.
The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 21:52 - Jan 27 with 1844 viewsthornabyswan

The Official FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread; Notts County FC v Swansea City FC on 21:31 - Jan 27 by londonlisa2001

I didn't see us break sweat. Actually with the notable exception of Roberts.

That's football all about opinions.
At least we are in the draw for the 5th round.
And we won't be playing the Scouse Scalies

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024