Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch 13:29 - Feb 8 with 33886 viewssouthealingdale

" Pochettino calls on the FA to intervene over Rochdale's pitch ahead of FA Cup 5th round at Spotland. Says it is no in a condition to play football & could lead to injuries for both sets of players. "

+

@upthedale on Twitter

Pitch on 17:09 - Feb 9 with 2918 viewsJimmyRustler

Pitch on 17:06 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

Precisely

Once the FA/Spurs have moved on, we'll be stuck (without a relay) with a pitch that'll possibly require as much effort to get games on as for the Millwall fixture - every bloody time

And then what'll happen? We'd have a fixture pile up. That'll help...

I wish people could see beyond the end of their noses

[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 17:08]

The relaying of the pitch isn't necessarily a fix-all solution though. I think people are forgetting how it played last year immediately after it was relaid. The surface looked even more dangerous than it does now in terms of the firmness of the ground. As I say, despite the fact that we were quite obviously ill-advised with regards to the sand/sand based content of the surface, the drainage is more of a problem than anything else.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 17:12]
Pitch on 17:13 - Feb 9 with 2882 viewsD_Alien

Pitch on 17:09 - Feb 9 by JimmyRustler

The relaying of the pitch isn't necessarily a fix-all solution though. I think people are forgetting how it played last year immediately after it was relaid. The surface looked even more dangerous than it does now in terms of the firmness of the ground. As I say, despite the fact that we were quite obviously ill-advised with regards to the sand/sand based content of the surface, the drainage is more of a problem than anything else.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 17:12]

I understand the drainage issue, but if the club have been advised by pitch experts that a relay will provide a temporary solution until the summer - and outside sources are willing to contribute to that?

If we don't relay, I don't want to hear a peep out of those advocating not doing, should the worst happen and we have postponement after postponement

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pitch on 17:19 - Feb 9 with 2857 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch on 17:06 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

Precisely

Once the FA/Spurs have moved on, we'll be stuck (without a relay) with a pitch that'll possibly require as much effort to get games on as for the Millwall fixture - every bloody time

And then what'll happen? We'd have a fixture pile up. That'll help...

I wish people could see beyond the end of their noses

[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 17:08]

R11 said he was surprised how well it looked today despite all the rain yesterday - and I don't think it has had the inflatable cover on? If that is the case then the drill and fill has worked and we shouldn't have any more water logging - with a bit more work on it the pitch should look better than the Millwall game which was such a rush job to get it on.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pitch on 17:28 - Feb 9 with 2813 viewsJimmyRustler

Pitch on 17:13 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

I understand the drainage issue, but if the club have been advised by pitch experts that a relay will provide a temporary solution until the summer - and outside sources are willing to contribute to that?

If we don't relay, I don't want to hear a peep out of those advocating not doing, should the worst happen and we have postponement after postponement

I think the outside contributions point is all hot air and until I see anything concrete on the issue then I'll be holding my breath with regards to that one.

As DDB says, the combination of the pitch being covered for the large majority of downtime plus the seemingly effective drill and fill process could well indicate that the worst of our problems are over. You won't hear a peep out of me if I'm wrong though don't worry - I quite enjoy the taste of humble pie!
Pitch on 17:31 - Feb 9 with 2795 viewsdalebolt

PITCH | There are currently no concerns over the pitch for tomorrow’s League One fixture v Fleetwood Town. There is no pitch inspection planned and it is very much game on. Should this change, we will, of course, update supporters via our various channels #RAFC https://t.co/jXzsUwNYZ0
Pitch on 17:33 - Feb 9 with 2784 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch on 17:28 - Feb 9 by JimmyRustler

I think the outside contributions point is all hot air and until I see anything concrete on the issue then I'll be holding my breath with regards to that one.

As DDB says, the combination of the pitch being covered for the large majority of downtime plus the seemingly effective drill and fill process could well indicate that the worst of our problems are over. You won't hear a peep out of me if I'm wrong though don't worry - I quite enjoy the taste of humble pie!

Truth is, none of us really knows whether it will or won't hold up in it's current format and what the economics of a re-lay vs keeping the bubble and what help may/may not be forthcoming from interested parties.

I prefer clotted cream with humble pie and golden syrup with porridge if it comes to that?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch on 17:40 - Feb 9 with 2754 viewsDaveDave

If there's any concrete on it we've all had it.

Pitch on 17:40 - Feb 9 with 2753 viewsBobbyjoe

My spy (who, generally speaking, it must be said, knows even less than I do) says new pitch being laid after tomorrow's game at cost of 100K. Make of that what you will!
Login to get fewer ads

Pitch on 17:48 - Feb 9 with 2712 viewsdingdangblue

If we play well on it tomorrow and win then I think most people's minds will be made up. The Millwall game is hopefully the worst it will ever look - there is so much work that can be done on it now until the end of season - with the right advice and application.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Pitch on 18:18 - Feb 9 with 2639 viewsblackdogblue

Interesting even the independent says Spotland Stadium as did Gary Lineker the other day.

the sign on Roch Valley Way still says Spotland Sradium as well, bet Crown Oil are well happy with the lack of free publicity lol...

Arena my asre ....

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Pitch on 18:19 - Feb 9 with 2628 viewstony_roch975

Pitch on 12:27 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

It wouldn't be for them, it'd be for us

We played football in beating Millwall, and can play better football on a better pitch - as could Spurs of course, but we've got a relegation battle on our hands too

If Spurs and/or the FA want to help finance a re-laid pitch that's just fine, and people need to stop getting all precious about it, which comes across as "lower league mentality" (don't mean you ddb)

Spurs aren't "over-rated" either. They've won nowt recently but they're a bloody good football team and if Dale fans are going to start getting arsey about them ahead of the cup tie, you'd better have your excuses ready if they give us a beating. I'm not expecting that to happen, but I'll bet Notts Co fans weren't expecting Swansea to put eight past them

[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 12:31]

Agree about our relegation battle being key and how a good playing surface might help us, but 'getting excuses ready' in case we get beaten - you're 'avin a laugh. Based on the relative investment (spend per player) they'd need to give us a beating 500 - 0 to even get close to embarrassing us. I'll be there to see them fail. So you think it's 'precious' to criticise that pretentious, self-satisfied London football elite with no respect for the rest of their fellow UK citizens, the epitome of blind prejudice - criticising our pitch without seeing it or watching a game on it. Well, I'm with Churchill.. we'll fight them on the beaches!!

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Pitch on 18:41 - Feb 9 with 2560 viewsNorthernDale

If they are relaying the pitch after tomorrows game then I will be happy, but I wonder if it is just a rumour, because the Dale have said now't to my knowledge.

It is worth spending the money, because we are on TV and the image of the pitch at present is embarrassing, and it will stop the spurs manager from moaning.
Pitch on 19:08 - Feb 9 with 2478 viewsD_Alien

Pitch on 18:19 - Feb 9 by tony_roch975

Agree about our relegation battle being key and how a good playing surface might help us, but 'getting excuses ready' in case we get beaten - you're 'avin a laugh. Based on the relative investment (spend per player) they'd need to give us a beating 500 - 0 to even get close to embarrassing us. I'll be there to see them fail. So you think it's 'precious' to criticise that pretentious, self-satisfied London football elite with no respect for the rest of their fellow UK citizens, the epitome of blind prejudice - criticising our pitch without seeing it or watching a game on it. Well, I'm with Churchill.. we'll fight them on the beaches!!

Please re-read it

I didn't say "excuses for getting beaten" I said "if we took a beating" - as per Notts Co last week, which I also quoted to give people a clue!

We should give Spurs the respect that they're due, or we have no right to any respect from them. Anything else that you've misinterpreted?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pitch on 19:14 - Feb 9 with 2457 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch on 18:41 - Feb 9 by NorthernDale

If they are relaying the pitch after tomorrows game then I will be happy, but I wonder if it is just a rumour, because the Dale have said now't to my knowledge.

It is worth spending the money, because we are on TV and the image of the pitch at present is embarrassing, and it will stop the spurs manager from moaning.

It could even be brinkmanship that there's no announcement in the hope that a white knight called Levy trots by, but like JR, I'm not holding my breath.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 19:18]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch on 19:14 - Feb 9 with 2453 viewsBobbyjoe

I think a new pitch would send a great statement to the world; that we're not frightened of Tottenham, that a good surface suits us, and that we think we can beat them.
Pitch on 19:35 - Feb 9 with 2369 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch on 17:40 - Feb 9 by Bobbyjoe

My spy (who, generally speaking, it must be said, knows even less than I do) says new pitch being laid after tomorrow's game at cost of 100K. Make of that what you will!

100 grand is a fair outlay - hopefully they'll put some of the hospitality profits towards it 😉

Pitch on 19:44 - Feb 9 with 2320 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch on 18:18 - Feb 9 by blackdogblue

Interesting even the independent says Spotland Stadium as did Gary Lineker the other day.

the sign on Roch Valley Way still says Spotland Sradium as well, bet Crown Oil are well happy with the lack of free publicity lol...

Arena my asre ....

Maybe it could be changed to the Spot Sand stadium?
Either that or the Sand Siro.

Pitch on 19:48 - Feb 9 with 2298 viewsMolly

Two observations from around 4 p.m. this afternoon..

1 The pitch was completely uncovered.

2 At the corner where the Main Stand meets the Pearl Street Stand there were six or seven large pieces of kit (tractors /earth movers etc) with the name "Premier Pitches" on their sides.
Pitch on 20:07 - Feb 9 with 2225 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pitch on 19:48 - Feb 9 by Molly

2 At the corner where the Main Stand meets the Pearl Street Stand there were six or seven large pieces of kit (tractors /earth movers etc) with the name "Premier Pitches" on their sides.

They actually said ' premium bitches'

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pitch on 20:12 - Feb 9 with 2199 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 19:44 - Feb 9 by dingdangblue

Maybe it could be changed to the Spot Sand stadium?
Either that or the Sand Siro.

Sand Spotty?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pitch on 20:13 - Feb 9 with 2192 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 19:48 - Feb 9 by Molly

Don't mention kit, you'll have 442 salivating.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pitch on 20:13 - Feb 9 with 2192 viewsMoonyDale

If as whispers suggest a new pitch is laid after the game tomorrow then fine, it could help our run in. It still doesn't sit well if Spurs are paying for it.....Here you go little old Rochdale we will get you a new pitch because we don't want our players running about on that surface. We don't want charity wrapped up in a guise of safety issue bollox.....Fkin patting our heads like some underling while lying down letting them tickle our belly, am not gonna be giving anyone pelters for having a differing opinion but am sure as hell not changing or apologising for mine....Fk em.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Pitch on 20:15 - Feb 9 with 2184 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pitch on 17:13 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

Advocates either way on here don't influence the club, unless you block people the noise will be here

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pitch on 20:20 - Feb 9 with 2172 viewstony_roch975

Pitch on 19:08 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

Please re-read it

I didn't say "excuses for getting beaten" I said "if we took a beating" - as per Notts Co last week, which I also quoted to give people a clue!

We should give Spurs the respect that they're due, or we have no right to any respect from them. Anything else that you've misinterpreted?

You wrote "you'd better have your excuses ready if they give us a beating." I quoted you sic as "'getting excuses ready" in case we get beaten' - and that is different how???

What respect is that exactly - for someone with all the money in an unequal world being able to snaffle the best!! I don't need respect from those globalised prima donnas - from other impoverished lower league clubs maybe, but not some patronising pat on the head from a football team who propound the belief that cheating is the new moral high ground and who have made the concept of mercenary into a new art form!!!

Now if you're proposing that all the Premiership money should be taxed and redistributed equally to all league and non league clubs rather than some sycophantic charity gesture... .... I'm with you.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Pitch on 20:30 - Feb 9 with 2139 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch on 20:12 - Feb 9 by TVOS1907

Sand Spotty?

Where the fcuk is that? 😉

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024