Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 18:33 - Apr 28 with 14739 viewsSwissdale

Thread title is the story of our season, and the reason (despite us having a strong enough team for a mid-table finish) we will be relegated.

Baffling team selections, tactics and substitutions have been abundant throughout the season — but have come to their crescendo in the last few weeks. Can someone explain, in the most important matches of the season over the past two weeks, how Joe Thompson and Matthew Gillam have been given so much game time?

We’ve desperately needed (what should have been achievable) wins over the past 4 games, so why have we played them ALL without a striker?

We haven’t been able to hold onto a 1 goal lead all season, so why aren’t we carrying on taking the game to the opposition in search of that second goal?

The players have got a lot to answer for. Ian Henderson being sent off v Peterborough is criminal at such an important stage of the season, but there are so many examples of players making poor decisions / mistakes that have cost us points in this run in (Done v Pompey, Lillis v Bradford, Camps today).

I still believe Keith Hill is the man for the job, but this season has eroded a LOT of his goodwill. It seems to me something has changed in his mentality, and it’s playing out in the way he interviews, and the way his team is performing. Let’s hope a relegation will give him the kick up the backside he needs, and revert back to what we know is a winning formula — Disciplined, physically fit players who play positive attacking football.
Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 18:41 - Apr 28 with 8109 viewsMasher

How many draws have we snatched from the jaws of victory?

Up The Dale!!

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 19:19 - Apr 28 with 7956 viewsBoss_Hog

I think that just about sums everything up perfectly.

Ultimately, we haven't been good enough and a raft of poor signings have contributed to this. Baffling tactical formations haven't helped and a glaring lack of goals was always going to tell.

As a Dale fan we have to expect this, as financially we cannot compete. I know people will not like that, however these are the facts and it isn't often the table lies come May. We have punched above our weight for a few seasons now, let's just hope we can do that next week and save our season.

Regardless of the result, we still have a lot to learn from this season. The squad simply isn't good enough and lots of players need cutting adrift. The loss of key players was always going to be tricky, but who would have thought NML, Lund and Allen masked the deficiencies of so many others?
Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 19:23 - Apr 28 with 7909 views442Dale

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 19:19 - Apr 28 by Boss_Hog

I think that just about sums everything up perfectly.

Ultimately, we haven't been good enough and a raft of poor signings have contributed to this. Baffling tactical formations haven't helped and a glaring lack of goals was always going to tell.

As a Dale fan we have to expect this, as financially we cannot compete. I know people will not like that, however these are the facts and it isn't often the table lies come May. We have punched above our weight for a few seasons now, let's just hope we can do that next week and save our season.

Regardless of the result, we still have a lot to learn from this season. The squad simply isn't good enough and lots of players need cutting adrift. The loss of key players was always going to be tricky, but who would have thought NML, Lund and Allen masked the deficiencies of so many others?

The last point is an interesting one, it’s something we’ve not really focused on yet; others being forced to step up like so many have done in the past when players have left, yet on this occasion they’ve not been able to consistently.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 20:31 - Apr 28 with 7752 viewsChaffRAFC

A good 80% of this disastrous season is on Hill. The rest is split up between the football club and the players.

Hill's recruitment has been a complete and utter shambles. This season we've signed:

Reece Brown
Donervon Daniels
Ryan Delaney
Alex Dobre
Matt Done
Sam Hart
Stephen Humphrys
Bradden Inman
Billy Knott
Brendan Moore
Kgosi Ntlhe
Jordan Slew
Jordan Williams
MJ Williams
Scott Wiseman

That's 15 players! And of those 15 players, I'd argue that 4 have impressed. Wiseman has done ok, MJ was impressive before being injured, Inman has done well recently and in spells this season but has gone missing too much as well, Humphrys has done ok, Done has featured in pretty much every match but is a shadow of his former self and Delaney has done well. The rest have been a complete and utter waste of wages.

Of all these signings, we still didn't strengthen the key areas. We were crying out for a defensive midfielder in the Perkins mould who would add experience to the young midfield. Even when MJ went back to the scousers, we didn't bring anyone in to fill that role and it told. We tried Rafferty there and it just hasn't worked.

We lost Allen, NML and Lund in the summer but kept Camps. I'd swap Camps for Lund or Allen any day of the week based on this season. Camps has been awful. He's not captain material, and for our most creative and threatening midfielder, he's scored twice in the league and let a right back take the penalty against Oldham. Said a lot about him for me that.

There are too many players in the squad who simply aren't League One standard. We are punching above our weight and we all know that but we're here on merit and we rely on Hill being crafty and shrewd in the transfer market and he couldn't have got it more wrong.

Our senior players like Camps, Andrew, Davies, Henderson and Rafferty have to shoulder a fair bit of blame. Without Hendo we'd have been down in February but his recent sending off added unnecessary pressure to a squad lacking in quality as it is. Calvin Andrew has been immense recently, his hold up play and his work rate has been top class but you cannot ignore the fact he's our number 9 and has scored just 3 league goals all season. Steven Davies can't stay fit and therefore has only started 8 times in the league. He's proven his quality by scoring more league goals than Andrew and Camps put together despite only starting 8 games. But we can't carry someone who can't be asked to play 90 minutes at any point in the season.

The baffling team selections have hindered us massively as well and there's only Hill can take the blame for this. I remember at Donny away on the Friday night that we had 6 players playing out of position. It's just staggering. I've never before seen it where a substitution has come on and had zero clue as to where he's playing to the point where you're expecting him to have to come off. I've seen it on more than one occasion this season, Doncaster was one example where nobody had a clue where they were playing and more recently when Kgosi came on and was asked to play midfield! He was clueless and Hill nearly brought him off as soon as he'd put him on, that's down to the manager surely?! Baffling decisions.

I don't care if we're punching above our weight financially, we're here on merit as I've said and relegation should have been very avoidable and the majority is on Hill.

That said, he's earned the right to try and make amends and even if he hadn't earned the right, he's on a five year deal so he's staying regardless.

We could have been going to Sunderland next season, now we're going to Macclesfield instead!

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 20:35 - Apr 28 with 7728 viewsdale1968

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 20:31 - Apr 28 by ChaffRAFC

A good 80% of this disastrous season is on Hill. The rest is split up between the football club and the players.

Hill's recruitment has been a complete and utter shambles. This season we've signed:

Reece Brown
Donervon Daniels
Ryan Delaney
Alex Dobre
Matt Done
Sam Hart
Stephen Humphrys
Bradden Inman
Billy Knott
Brendan Moore
Kgosi Ntlhe
Jordan Slew
Jordan Williams
MJ Williams
Scott Wiseman

That's 15 players! And of those 15 players, I'd argue that 4 have impressed. Wiseman has done ok, MJ was impressive before being injured, Inman has done well recently and in spells this season but has gone missing too much as well, Humphrys has done ok, Done has featured in pretty much every match but is a shadow of his former self and Delaney has done well. The rest have been a complete and utter waste of wages.

Of all these signings, we still didn't strengthen the key areas. We were crying out for a defensive midfielder in the Perkins mould who would add experience to the young midfield. Even when MJ went back to the scousers, we didn't bring anyone in to fill that role and it told. We tried Rafferty there and it just hasn't worked.

We lost Allen, NML and Lund in the summer but kept Camps. I'd swap Camps for Lund or Allen any day of the week based on this season. Camps has been awful. He's not captain material, and for our most creative and threatening midfielder, he's scored twice in the league and let a right back take the penalty against Oldham. Said a lot about him for me that.

There are too many players in the squad who simply aren't League One standard. We are punching above our weight and we all know that but we're here on merit and we rely on Hill being crafty and shrewd in the transfer market and he couldn't have got it more wrong.

Our senior players like Camps, Andrew, Davies, Henderson and Rafferty have to shoulder a fair bit of blame. Without Hendo we'd have been down in February but his recent sending off added unnecessary pressure to a squad lacking in quality as it is. Calvin Andrew has been immense recently, his hold up play and his work rate has been top class but you cannot ignore the fact he's our number 9 and has scored just 3 league goals all season. Steven Davies can't stay fit and therefore has only started 8 times in the league. He's proven his quality by scoring more league goals than Andrew and Camps put together despite only starting 8 games. But we can't carry someone who can't be asked to play 90 minutes at any point in the season.

The baffling team selections have hindered us massively as well and there's only Hill can take the blame for this. I remember at Donny away on the Friday night that we had 6 players playing out of position. It's just staggering. I've never before seen it where a substitution has come on and had zero clue as to where he's playing to the point where you're expecting him to have to come off. I've seen it on more than one occasion this season, Doncaster was one example where nobody had a clue where they were playing and more recently when Kgosi came on and was asked to play midfield! He was clueless and Hill nearly brought him off as soon as he'd put him on, that's down to the manager surely?! Baffling decisions.

I don't care if we're punching above our weight financially, we're here on merit as I've said and relegation should have been very avoidable and the majority is on Hill.

That said, he's earned the right to try and make amends and even if he hadn't earned the right, he's on a five year deal so he's staying regardless.

We could have been going to Sunderland next season, now we're going to Macclesfield instead!

100% Agree...

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 20:39 - Apr 28 with 7693 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 20:31 - Apr 28 by ChaffRAFC

Reece Brown
Donervon Daniels
Ryan Delaney
Alex Dobre
Matt Done
Sam Hart
Stephen Humphrys
Bradden Inman
Billy Knott
Brendan Moore
Kgosi Ntlhe
Jordan Slew
Jordan Williams
MJ Williams
Scott Wiseman

Spot on

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 (n/t) on 20:40 - Apr 28 with 7694 viewsBlueboy

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 20:52 - Apr 28 with 7596 views442Dale

A very well thought out, analytical post, Chaff. To pull out one player from all that, and it’s a bit left field but it illustrates the mystifying nature around the manager’s decisions: Wiseman.

He looked a little rusty at first, dropped to the bench and was then utilised to great effect as a sub when we were leading in games (Bury, Peterborough and Shrewsbury - the latter saw the best example of an experienced pro at work all season after their non-penalty), then was strangely ignored in similar situations (Portsmouth and Bradford). He returned to the starting XI on Tuesday and played really well only to drop out today when we reverted to three central defenders, presumably so we could return to a known formation with Rafferty at right wing-back... except he wasn’t.

Going totally against all chaos theory laws and offering an opinion based on evidence seen, we’d now be at least one point better off, and therefore out of the bottom four, if Scott Wiseman had been used more effectively.

Login to get fewer ads

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 20:52 - Apr 28 with 7606 viewsRippDale

Reece Brown
Donervon Daniels
Ryan Delaney
Alex Dobre
Matt Done
Sam Hart
Stephen Humphrys
Bradden Inman
Billy Knott
Brendan Moore
Kgosi Ntlhe
Jordan Slew
Jordan Williams
MJ Williams
Scott Wiseman

Sums it up perfectly. Hill has been amazing for us and deserves all the credit for his achievements but at the end of the season I would love him to at least hold his hands up and take some responsibility. Even his post match interview bangs on about player responsibility, stop the blaming everyone else Keith
Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 21:16 - Apr 28 with 7489 viewsBigKindo

It actually goes a little deeper, Playing twice a week has taken it's toll. The possible senior back-ups Brown, Keane and Canavan have manage donly 13 cup and league games between them this season whilst taking wages.
Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 22:02 - Apr 28 with 7334 viewssince58

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 21:16 - Apr 28 by BigKindo

It actually goes a little deeper, Playing twice a week has taken it's toll. The possible senior back-ups Brown, Keane and Canavan have manage donly 13 cup and league games between them this season whilst taking wages.

Give us a break. playing twice a week ffs.
I wish I only worked 2 days a week.
Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 22:21 - Apr 28 with 7279 viewsDalenet

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 21:16 - Apr 28 by BigKindo

Well that is our own fault. Don't just look at the cup games. Despite making a profit of £1.5m last year we could be bothered to get our hand in our pocket to get the blow up pitch covers to keep our games on. So ruddy unprofessional and unnecessary
Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 22:24 - Apr 28 with 7257 viewsrochdale_ranger

I might get slated for saying this but bollocks to it. Hill has stated on numerous occasions that he will not be embarrassed and doesn't see no shame in us going down. I was alarmed when he first come out with these overtures. Ive heard of players going on strike but never managers.

Is it a coincidence that he gets a five year deal, recruits shite, shite tactics, slags the fans off, slags the players off? He's still picking a wage up and is unsackable because according to sources on here we cant afford to sack him due to not being able to afford his payout.

Effectively we could languish in league two for the next three seasons and he could take us up in the fourth to salvage his reputation, career and name.Has RAFC as a club and fanbase created an over inflated egotistical monster.
Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 23:34 - Apr 28 with 7037 viewsMoonyDale

Reece Brown
Donervon Daniels
Ryan Delaney
Alex Dobre
Matt Done
Sam Hart
Stephen Humphrys
Bradden Inman
Billy Knott
Brendan Moore
Kgosi Ntlhe
Jordan Slew
Jordan Williams
MJ Williams
Scott Wiseman

Every single word of this........

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 00:15 - Apr 29 with 6932 viewsDiddyDave

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 22:24 - Apr 28 by rochdale_ranger

I might get slated for saying this but bollocks to it. Hill has stated on numerous occasions that he will not be embarrassed and doesn't see no shame in us going down. I was alarmed when he first come out with these overtures. Ive heard of players going on strike but never managers.

Is it a coincidence that he gets a five year deal, recruits shite, shite tactics, slags the fans off, slags the players off? He's still picking a wage up and is unsackable because according to sources on here we cant afford to sack him due to not being able to afford his payout.

Effectively we could languish in league two for the next three seasons and he could take us up in the fourth to salvage his reputation, career and name.Has RAFC as a club and fanbase created an over inflated egotistical monster.

This is so spot on. Isn`t it strange that the season after KH signs a five year deal we (probably) go down? He states he picks teams not to lose. What`s the bloody point in that? I think he`s been taking the piss all season for the reasons stated by RR and it`s an insult to all Dale fans and their hard earned that the Board have allowed this to happen. Back to the "Rochdale League" should never have happened this season (if it does),there`s some shite in this league,Dale should`ve comfortably finished mid table at least.
Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 00:47 - Apr 29 with 6857 views442Dale

Back to Chaff’s post and his points around recruitment, it has been said that Hill partially righted the previous wrongs with who we brought in during January. Delaney has done well, a permanent signing who will benefit us in the future, Humphrys has done ok and provided some great moments when Calvin was out injured, albeit his influence has lessened more and more in recent weeks.

However, the other loanees who were all brought in with the knowledge we had so many games to play, with a squad light in quality in certain areas have served to illustrate how poorly we actually did recruit in that last window. We needed all of them to offer an alternative as good as, if not better than what we have, yet youngsters such as Gillam, Morley and Adshead have reappeared from nowhere ahead of them on the bench on occasions.

These players, Dobre, Knott and Hart have two starts and nine sub appearances between them. Even more surprising when it’s actually looked at is that the three of them have spent a total of 337 minutes on the pitch in three months, during which time we have played nineteen league games.

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 00:50 - Apr 29 with 6854 viewsJimmyRustler

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 00:47 - Apr 29 by 442Dale

Back to Chaff’s post and his points around recruitment, it has been said that Hill partially righted the previous wrongs with who we brought in during January. Delaney has done well, a permanent signing who will benefit us in the future, Humphrys has done ok and provided some great moments when Calvin was out injured, albeit his influence has lessened more and more in recent weeks.

However, the other loanees who were all brought in with the knowledge we had so many games to play, with a squad light in quality in certain areas have served to illustrate how poorly we actually did recruit in that last window. We needed all of them to offer an alternative as good as, if not better than what we have, yet youngsters such as Gillam, Morley and Adshead have reappeared from nowhere ahead of them on the bench on occasions.

These players, Dobre, Knott and Hart have two starts and nine sub appearances between them. Even more surprising when it’s actually looked at is that the three of them have spent a total of 337 minutes on the pitch in three months, during which time we have played nineteen league games.

The Knott one is particularly strange. What was the point of loaning out Williams for someone who was going to get virtually the same amount of game time? May as well have kept our own player and tried to develop him...
Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 00:54 - Apr 29 with 6821 viewsShun

OP’s first paragraph is the most pertinent in this thread. Regardless of people’s opinions on recruitment, this squad should be good enough to survive in League One. Quite easily.

All of the players retained from last year are good enough for League One. The past few years of playoff challenges have proved that. Of this season’s recruits, while it’s obvious a lot of them simply haven’t worked out, the thinking behind them all is pretty clear.

Daniels - a defender (an area we struggled on the previous season) who was an ever-present in a League One title-winning team recently - what’s to lose?
Brown - proved to be a disastrous signing but it’s clear Hill was searching for that utility player that could play anywhere in defence or defensive midfield that we’ve missed since Bennett left.
Nthle - we didn’t have a recognised left back and Hill was on record as saying how Nthle had previously impressed him.
Done - bringing back a player who’d been an absolute star the last time he’d been here, and one who’d seen success in achieving promotion with another side in the meantime, was a brilliant signing at the time. It hasn’t worked out in the way we’d hoped but he’s still done well at left back.
Moore - a young backup keeper. Was never going to play much. We always needed one just to sit on the bench.
Slew - experienced striker. Poor signing but it might well have worked out in the way that Andrew did.
Williams - we’d lost an exciting winger in NML. We did what Rochdale do and signed another exciting winger from a lesser league. We moved early and paid a fee when other teams were interested. I applauded the board’s boldness at the time but it’s obvious it hasn’t worked out.
MJ Williams - straight replacement for Lund. Impressed before getting injured.
Inman - an attacker who’d impressed in League Two and League One before yet had lost his way a bit. A perfect Hill signing and one who’s proved to be pretty good.
Hart - an experienced left back signed to fill Bunney’s departure at a time it was clear Nthle wasn’t really up to the job and before Done had really made the position his own. Sensible if unspectacular signing.
Humphrys - basically a replacement for Davies when it was clear the latter’s fitness meant he wasn’t a viable option. Good if not great signing.
Delaney - young defender full of promise. Another typical Hill signing. Played more than I expected him to as Hill was always quick to note he was one for the future, but despite that has fitted in well and looks a good signing.
Dobre - signed at a time when we looked fairly defensively solid but lacking creativity up front. Provided the creativity to an extent but can’t seem to handle the defensive side so has quite rightly seen his appearances limited.
Knott - bit of a strange one. Arguably signed as competition for Camps and Rathbone who’d both been well below their usual standard. A player Hill admitted he’d tried to sign in the past. Think we would’ve seen a lot more of him if it hadn’t been for the huge improvement in form of Cannon and Rathbone.
Wiseman - when things get tough Hill has frequently turned to an ex-player he knows he can trust, one he knows will fit in with his ethos and playing style. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Done well whenever he’s been called on.

I think that’s all of them. It gets mentioned on here a lot how poor the recruitment this season was but with a bit of analysis it’s clear why all of the signings were made. Some have proved to be really poor and that’s unfortunate but let’s not pretend that that’s the reason we’re in such a precarious situation. We’re here because of a number of reasons, the vast majority of them Hill’s doing, but this squad is certainly good enough for League One and should have done much, much better.
Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 01:41 - Apr 29 with 6780 viewsrochdale_ranger

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 00:15 - Apr 29 by DiddyDave

This is so spot on. Isn`t it strange that the season after KH signs a five year deal we (probably) go down? He states he picks teams not to lose. What`s the bloody point in that? I think he`s been taking the piss all season for the reasons stated by RR and it`s an insult to all Dale fans and their hard earned that the Board have allowed this to happen. Back to the "Rochdale League" should never have happened this season (if it does),there`s some shite in this league,Dale should`ve comfortably finished mid table at least.

Despite the lazy insinuation that Rochdale folk are lazy which is usually made by opposition fans the reality is most Rochdale fans are hard working honest people. Is keith Hill earning his money or merely picking a wage up.

Its almost as though since he has signed that contract he has become a different person. The comments after the MK game telling the die hards not to to turn up as well as the comments about everything being okay as "we are top of league two" and the comments about not being arsed about going down were alarming especially when he has never shown his teeth to the fans.

His tactics and the kind of players he brought in has been mind boggling. Why sell Bunney and play your only striker (only striker because Davies cant keep out the pie hut) as a left back. Done has done well as a left back but I would of rather had him up front then Calvin.
Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 07:11 - Apr 29 with 6540 viewsBazzanne

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 22:24 - Apr 28 by rochdale_ranger

Sorry RR I marked you down by mistake I actually wanted to mark you up as I agree with every word. Judge the man on now not what he has done in the past. He has made a monumental stuff up of this season but hey it's all the players fault, his players by the way.
Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 08:32 - Apr 29 with 6328 viewsDaley_Lama

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 00:54 - Apr 29 by Shun

OP’s first paragraph is the most pertinent in this thread. Regardless of people’s opinions on recruitment, this squad should be good enough to survive in League One. Quite easily.

All of the players retained from last year are good enough for League One. The past few years of playoff challenges have proved that. Of this season’s recruits, while it’s obvious a lot of them simply haven’t worked out, the thinking behind them all is pretty clear.

Daniels - a defender (an area we struggled on the previous season) who was an ever-present in a League One title-winning team recently - what’s to lose?
Brown - proved to be a disastrous signing but it’s clear Hill was searching for that utility player that could play anywhere in defence or defensive midfield that we’ve missed since Bennett left.
Nthle - we didn’t have a recognised left back and Hill was on record as saying how Nthle had previously impressed him.
Done - bringing back a player who’d been an absolute star the last time he’d been here, and one who’d seen success in achieving promotion with another side in the meantime, was a brilliant signing at the time. It hasn’t worked out in the way we’d hoped but he’s still done well at left back.
Moore - a young backup keeper. Was never going to play much. We always needed one just to sit on the bench.
Slew - experienced striker. Poor signing but it might well have worked out in the way that Andrew did.
Williams - we’d lost an exciting winger in NML. We did what Rochdale do and signed another exciting winger from a lesser league. We moved early and paid a fee when other teams were interested. I applauded the board’s boldness at the time but it’s obvious it hasn’t worked out.
MJ Williams - straight replacement for Lund. Impressed before getting injured.
Inman - an attacker who’d impressed in League Two and League One before yet had lost his way a bit. A perfect Hill signing and one who’s proved to be pretty good.
Hart - an experienced left back signed to fill Bunney’s departure at a time it was clear Nthle wasn’t really up to the job and before Done had really made the position his own. Sensible if unspectacular signing.
Humphrys - basically a replacement for Davies when it was clear the latter’s fitness meant he wasn’t a viable option. Good if not great signing.
Delaney - young defender full of promise. Another typical Hill signing. Played more than I expected him to as Hill was always quick to note he was one for the future, but despite that has fitted in well and looks a good signing.
Dobre - signed at a time when we looked fairly defensively solid but lacking creativity up front. Provided the creativity to an extent but can’t seem to handle the defensive side so has quite rightly seen his appearances limited.
Knott - bit of a strange one. Arguably signed as competition for Camps and Rathbone who’d both been well below their usual standard. A player Hill admitted he’d tried to sign in the past. Think we would’ve seen a lot more of him if it hadn’t been for the huge improvement in form of Cannon and Rathbone.
Wiseman - when things get tough Hill has frequently turned to an ex-player he knows he can trust, one he knows will fit in with his ethos and playing style. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Done well whenever he’s been called on.

I think that’s all of them. It gets mentioned on here a lot how poor the recruitment this season was but with a bit of analysis it’s clear why all of the signings were made. Some have proved to be really poor and that’s unfortunate but let’s not pretend that that’s the reason we’re in such a precarious situation. We’re here because of a number of reasons, the vast majority of them Hill’s doing, but this squad is certainly good enough for League One and should have done much, much better.

I’m confused.

Is Hill a complete blathering self-centred egotistical lunatic who has deliberately sabotaged our season for reasons that even Hercule Poirot would struggle to explain, or has he simply had a season where we didn’t over achieve and with a bit of bad luck/on the pitch self destruction he may suffer his first relegation season.

P.s. Nice balancing viewpoint Shun.

Poll: DF in or out

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 09:03 - Apr 29 with 6181 views442Dale

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 08:32 - Apr 29 by Daley_Lama

I’m confused.

Is Hill a complete blathering self-centred egotistical lunatic who has deliberately sabotaged our season for reasons that even Hercule Poirot would struggle to explain, or has he simply had a season where we didn’t over achieve and with a bit of bad luck/on the pitch self destruction he may suffer his first relegation season.

P.s. Nice balancing viewpoint Shun.

Shun’s analysis of those signings is pretty much as accurate as you can get, those who hold the view that the manager is completely clueless are totally wrong and the series of mistakes within games have cost us time and again, non more so than yesterday. There’s been a middle ground all year long where the more balanced view is of a fan who recognises that we were always to see a season of struggle eventually. It’s just that when we have, there have been so many reasons why we didn’t need to be going into the last day needing results elsewhere to stay up. Especially when you consider how the quality within the entire division has recognisably dropped a notch.

The frustration amongst almost everyone is tangible, it’s being expressed in different ways. It’s hoped that that frustration is accepted down at Spotland, because the actual facts of the season point to a “this really could have been avoided” outcome.

We can only pray that we get those results next week and are all celebrating survival, then those who have overall control put plans in place that recognise where we’ve gone wrong to ensure we don’t struggle as badly again.

Oh and the mere mention of Rhys Bennett still makes me think we’ll always be a much stronger squad with him in it.

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 09:22 - Apr 29 with 6118 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 09:03 - Apr 29 by 442Dale

Shun’s analysis of those signings is pretty much as accurate as you can get, those who hold the view that the manager is completely clueless are totally wrong and the series of mistakes within games have cost us time and again, non more so than yesterday. There’s been a middle ground all year long where the more balanced view is of a fan who recognises that we were always to see a season of struggle eventually. It’s just that when we have, there have been so many reasons why we didn’t need to be going into the last day needing results elsewhere to stay up. Especially when you consider how the quality within the entire division has recognisably dropped a notch.

The frustration amongst almost everyone is tangible, it’s being expressed in different ways. It’s hoped that that frustration is accepted down at Spotland, because the actual facts of the season point to a “this really could have been avoided” outcome.

We can only pray that we get those results next week and are all celebrating survival, then those who have overall control put plans in place that recognise where we’ve gone wrong to ensure we don’t struggle as badly again.

Oh and the mere mention of Rhys Bennett still makes me think we’ll always be a much stronger squad with him in it.

Agreed, and especially about Rhys, I can't remember any reason given to get rid, think the squad needs an overhaul in the summer whatever happens, and we need to be fitter

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 10:41 - Apr 29 with 5951 viewsYouTubeDale

I have been banging on for months now how Keith should be performing much better. The manager is all-important, if he performs well, then the team does well. And Keith has failed us this season. But his stubborness could be his downfall. He must get back to a positive way of playing and getting the team two goals in front, thus trying to avoid another draw.

I used to think the sun shone out of his arse, but the penny has finally dropped for me and I can see many of his weaknesses. For example, subs far too late yesterday YET AGAIN, and I could go on, and on with examples from yesterday.

Yes, individual errors costing us dearly, but a good manager can overcome these with good work elsewhere.

I am still not thinking of sacking Hill but boy he needs to change his ways. Perhaps that could begin on Saturday.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 10:57 - Apr 29 with 5905 viewsnordenblue

Bad Management and Lack of Professionalism - 2017/18 on 10:41 - Apr 29 by YouTubeDale

I have been banging on for months now how Keith should be performing much better. The manager is all-important, if he performs well, then the team does well. And Keith has failed us this season. But his stubborness could be his downfall. He must get back to a positive way of playing and getting the team two goals in front, thus trying to avoid another draw.

I used to think the sun shone out of his arse, but the penny has finally dropped for me and I can see many of his weaknesses. For example, subs far too late yesterday YET AGAIN, and I could go on, and on with examples from yesterday.

Yes, individual errors costing us dearly, but a good manager can overcome these with good work elsewhere.

I am still not thinking of sacking Hill but boy he needs to change his ways. Perhaps that could begin on Saturday.

One things for sure when the going gets tough Hilly doesn't seem to have a clue how to turn things around,his time at Barnsley you'd have thought would maybe have helped him for this season,it seems the total opposite when results turn badly he's too stubborn to admit thing's aren't working and change it around quick enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024