Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Random question - players waving! 15:15 - Apr 30 with 2832 viewsPinnerPaul

I've noticed this before but finally decided to ask about it now! Often when players come out for the handshakes, several players seem to wave to reles in the stand. No biggie - happened yesterday and again at full time.

However ..... they all seem to wave at corner of SA where it meets school end - not at directors box area, where you would expect family of players to be.

Anyone got any idea why this is?

Ta
Random question - players waving! on 15:40 - Apr 30 with 2784 viewsloftboy

They are in the last hospitality box

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Random question - players waving! on 17:25 - Apr 30 with 2659 viewsPinnerPaul

The waves always seem to be aimed above the boxes though.
Random question - players waving! on 17:33 - Apr 30 with 2640 viewsDavieQPR

Must be where their Agents sit.
Random question - players waving! on 17:41 - Apr 30 with 2619 viewsNorthernr

Families and friends get their comps in A Block.
Random question - players waving! on 17:52 - Apr 30 with 2595 viewsMytch_QPR

Random question - players waving! on 17:41 - Apr 30 by Northernr

I've hardly ever sat in A Block but you do see a few youth teamers - and the occasional injured first team player (if there's no room in the Directors Area). It's nearly always the last part of SAR to sell out.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Random question - players waving! on 18:54 - Apr 30 with 2507 viewsPinnerPaul

Cheers - odd they get put there - get it in PL days when sold out but seems a bit odd to put them next to away fans when there are usually plenty of better seats available.
Random question - players waving! on 08:18 - May 1 with 2286 viewsNorthernr

Random question - players waving! on 18:54 - Apr 30 by PinnerPaul

Cheers - odd they get put there - get it in PL days when sold out but seems a bit odd to put them next to away fans when there are usually plenty of better seats available.

It was the case before Prem too. Sat with Camp and Bolder's parents there for a friendly with Chievo one summer and it was all parents and spouse's, and they all knew each other, bitching about Briatore! I think there's a players' bar at that end of the concourse so you can just come down the steps and go straight in there which is probably why they seat them at that end.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Random question - players waving! on 09:53 - May 1 with 2193 viewsLazyFan

Random question - players waving! on 08:18 - May 1 by Northernr

It was the case before Prem too. Sat with Camp and Bolder's parents there for a friendly with Chievo one summer and it was all parents and spouse's, and they all knew each other, bitching about Briatore! I think there's a players' bar at that end of the concourse so you can just come down the steps and go straight in there which is probably why they seat them at that end.

This post has been edited by an administrator

This is exactly why they sit there. But it is usually youth teamers.
I know this as I had a ticket once from youth teamer, I remember the game.

It was a game many of us shall remember well, QPR v Port Vale, where we played crap and Port Vale was two nil up for the majority of the game. Then wild thing came on scored the first and set-up Dexter for the equaliser which we did not deserve.

I was sitting with all the youth teamers and said to them, this was an outrageous result and QPR played crap and Port Vale should consider themselves robbed.

I was expecting either nodding of heads or disagreement. I got neither, just blank stares. It is then I realised that these youngsters had never really watched that many games of football and didn't understand tactics.

Hence despite their talents, this is why I believe they don't go far and end up playing Sunday football saying "I once played for QPR youth" and so on.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Random question - players waving! on 10:12 - May 1 with 2156 viewsCroydonCaptJack

A long long time ago when Ian Dawes played for us, I used to know him (he is a Croydon lad)
and he used to let us use his comps which were behind the players box back then. That would be a much better view than A Block I would have thought. Cost cutting I guess.
Random question - players waving! on 10:43 - May 1 with 2111 viewsbasshoop

Just to add to Clive's note, we were told on the tour that in addition to block A, players families can use the 'players lounge ' box beneath A block and youth teamers could now use tickets in the press box in Ellerslie Road (seeing as it was built for the Premiership requirements but is under utilised now we are in the championship)
Random question - players waving! on 12:31 - May 1 with 2024 viewssmegma

Random question - players waving! on 17:52 - Apr 30 by Mytch_QPR

I've hardly ever sat in A Block but you do see a few youth teamers - and the occasional injured first team player (if there's no room in the Directors Area). It's nearly always the last part of SAR to sell out.

I saw Under 18/23 player Aiden Mesias get knocked back on Saturday when he went to collect his match ticket.
Random question - players waving! on 12:56 - May 1 with 1996 viewsBklynRanger

Random question - players waving! on 12:31 - May 1 by smegma

I saw Under 18/23 player Aiden Mesias get knocked back on Saturday when he went to collect his match ticket.

Did he say 'Do you know who I am?!'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024