Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite Moments of favourite players 13:43 - Nov 6 with 9546 viewsAntti_Heinola

Can't face work at the moment, so here's a little bit of fun. 5 cult favourites - what was your favourite single memory of each of these below? I've kicked it off...

1. Danny Shittu
Still think the day, think it was against Norwich, he got elbowed. Went off, changed his shirt, looked furious, came on, immediately scored with a header from a corner. Good luck stopping him when he's in that mood.

2. Adel Taraabt
Always the Swansea goal after the nutmeg of Joe Allen. The fact you can hear the crowd make a weird 'oooh' noise before it goes in, not believing what they're seeing does it for me.

3. Kevin Gallen
Very tough, so much to choose. But his first goal v Sheff Wed, even if it was scuffed, was amazing for me. We're the same age, and I thought he was the next Gary Lineker.

4. Danny Maddix
Gingerly warming up before the Palace 6-0. He was very doubtful, but vital to us. He played, he was magnificent. As always.

5. Lee Cook
Continually taking the piss out of Butterfield I think it was v Palace in a game we won 4-2. Absolutely unstoppable that day.

Bare bones.

Favourite Moments of favourite players on 10:41 - Nov 8 with 1345 viewsAntti_Heinola

Favourite Moments of favourite players on 14:09 - Nov 7 by Mick_S

that's the one. unbelievable. the look on the keeper and defenders faces and their body language is brilliant!

Bare bones.

Favourite Moments of favourite players on 10:41 - Nov 8 with 1344 viewsMick_S

Fan bloody tastic.

Balls - came up as unavailable.

Anyway - it was supposed to be Clive Allen's goal at Highbury v West Brom. That was a moment!

[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 10:46]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Favourite Moments of favourite players on 10:42 - Nov 8 with 1337 viewsAntti_Heinola

Favourite Moments of favourite players on 20:16 - Nov 7 by MrSheen

Richard Langley taking a corner in front of P Block (against Blackpool?), having it cleared back out to him, then belting it in, in a big curve over the keeper’s head.

of course it was against Blackpool. 80% of Langers' goals were against Blackpool!

Bare bones.

Favourite Moments of favourite players on 12:00 - Nov 8 with 1280 viewsW7Ranger

Favourite Moments of favourite players on 18:58 - Nov 6 by Esox_Lucius

QPR at home to Spurs; David Ginola hares off along the Ellerslie Road touchline towards the School end. Andy Impey comes haring behind him and slides in from behind and comes up running with the ball whilst Ginola is left sitting on his arse, arms wide, protesting for a foul. Meanwhile Impey gets the ball into the Spurs box and we score (can't remember who). Ginola was still complaining when Spurs kicked off again.

Adel coming on as sub against Wolves in the Prem when we were already 2-0 down. He managed to score one, which is all the record books will show but he destroyed Wolves midfield and defence time, after time, after time with only Wayne Hennessey having the game of his life and stopping/ blocking everything that was thrown at him. One thing about Adel, he may have thrown his toys out during games but he never hid in a game, he wanted the ball no matter what was happening.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 19:01]

Pretty sure the Adel game where he came on and we were 2-0 was against West Ham, midweek live on Sky.
Favourite Moments of favourite players on 21:59 - Nov 8 with 1168 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charlie Austin.

Not for his 600 goals, but for putting the Racist One on his STI riddled arse.

Favourite Moments of favourite players on 07:44 - Nov 9 with 1129 viewswelwynranger

Sinclair v Barnsley. Incredible skill. Even Barnsley fans applauded.
Bowles v Wolves. Finishing a 70yd run by Thomas.
Tarrabt v Cardiff. After Bellend had given them the lead.
Ainsworth v Rushden. Twice from 35 yards.
Oh yes and ZAMOOOORA. Their are no other words needed
Favourite Moments of favourite players on 08:34 - Nov 9 with 1110 viewsEsox_Lucius

Favourite Moments of favourite players on 12:00 - Nov 8 by W7Ranger

Pretty sure the Adel game where he came on and we were 2-0 was against West Ham, midweek live on Sky.

I was wrong about AT coming on as sub, he started the game. It was the one where Cissé was sent off for grabbing Roger Johnson around the throat. Maybe my mind was playing tricks and AT was just quiet in the first half but I DO remember him terrifying Wolves in the second half but to no effect, due to Hennessey.

The grass is always greener.

Favourite Moments of favourite players on 17:12 - Nov 10 with 1005 viewsDylanP

Stan trotting over to take a corner and spot a guy in the front of the terrace with a newspaper. As the whole ground waits for him to take the corner, he stops and borrows the paper to check the races. I was a little boy at the time so it would've been about 1975.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024