Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where did all those people come from? 18:43 - Nov 10 with 13213 views100percent

Bloody hell.... where did all those people come from?? Apart from the people with young children in front of us who are excusable - why can't people take their seat before the game, sit through the whole half and then return for when the 2nd half starts??
so bloody annoying to keep having to get up and down for strangers who don't know the rules of engagement.....
Game starts at 3.00pm - find your seat at 10 to if you haven't been before.
go to the toilet before you sit down.
get your snacks, coffee, tea, biscuits, toilet paper, accessories either before or at half time.
stay in your fcking seat - it's only 45 minutes each way ffs.

so many cuckoos today..... wtf happened??

Where did all those people come from? on 22:47 - Nov 11 with 2441 viewsdaveB

Where did all those people come from? on 22:21 - Nov 11 by Stanisgod

Funny, I can't seem to find where I said don't get up early to go to the bar. Basically I suppose if you drink at football you don't give a toss about getting up 4 times a game and if you don't it literally pees you off!

i enjoyed too many beers before the game yesterday but for me not about holding on for a wee all half or going 4/5 times, is nightmare to get in and out of toilet and get a drink at half time so i tend to go 5 mins before half time and then watch the end of the half from a different seat to save everyone getting up again

I was more up and down yesterday due to people in the lower loft trying to get out of the rain and find a seat under cover
Where did all those people come from? on 23:49 - Nov 11 with 2368 viewsGloryHunter

I like a beer when I go the football. It's part of the culture I was bought up in. I would love it if I could get up out of my seat at 3.45, stroll down the steps, buy a quick pint, and have a chilled 15 minutes to sip it before leasurely resuming my seat for the second half. But the club isn't geared up for that. So I, or one of my mates (if I have any), has to sacrifice on 40 minutes to go down and get in the queue. And don't get me going on to the toilets . . .
Where did all those people come from? on 00:59 - Nov 12 with 2311 viewsWilloW4

Where did all those people come from? on 19:01 - Nov 11 by Northernr

It was full. It was brilliant.

Exactly.!! Great result, and we had a full (ish) house.... Stop your whinging.!! Come on you R's.
Where did all those people come from? on 01:37 - Nov 12 with 2292 viewsMistication92

If pigs fly and a new ground happens, we need to fight tooth and nail so that it's enclosed and the stands are on top of the pitch as much as they currently are. The home end needs to be built specially so there's not enough leg room and everyone's crammed in like sardines.
Where did all those people come from? on 09:20 - Nov 12 with 2141 viewsheadhoops

great atmosphere yesterday - we had four Danes in front of us in SAR and next to us two escapees from the mental health ward of Hammersmith hospital. They were very quiet but just before halftime junior overheard one whisper to the other - we are going to win this 2-0. Naturally we made certain we knocked them over when celebrating all 3 goals!!

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Where did all those people come from? on 11:14 - Nov 12 with 2051 viewsderbyhoop

A full house shows up the inadequacies of our wonderful little stadium.

Trying to get any food or drink or getting to the toilet at half time is nightmare.
But, boy, is a good atmosphere generated by a full house and a good game.
If we ever get a new stadium it would be nice to think they can retain all the atmosphere AND provide decent facilities.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Where did all those people come from? on 11:16 - Nov 12 with 2045 viewsquickpassrotter

Where did all those people come from? on 07:51 - Nov 11 by LadbrokeR

It was busy. We were refused entry into The Adelaide at 1.45 because it was too full a decision relayed to us by the door security staff. To be honest I’ve seen it more crowded. Anyway we went to the blue and white for a few drinks. A few pints of Guinness in a plastic glass. It was alright.

LadbokeR - you didn't miss anything in the Queen A. Unlikely you woud have got a drink - certainly not quickly. It was 5 deep at the Bar and three staff on. Ridiculous situation. We q'd for about 10 minutes then gave up - went to the Pocket Watch. Just as bad. About 3 deep at their bar and only two serving. Don't understand why these pubs don't put on the right number of staff on match days - especially when its a local derby match. Missing big revenue opportunities.
Where did all those people come from? on 16:14 - Nov 12 with 1867 viewsLadbrokeR

Where did all those people come from? on 11:16 - Nov 12 by quickpassrotter

LadbokeR - you didn't miss anything in the Queen A. Unlikely you woud have got a drink - certainly not quickly. It was 5 deep at the Bar and three staff on. Ridiculous situation. We q'd for about 10 minutes then gave up - went to the Pocket Watch. Just as bad. About 3 deep at their bar and only two serving. Don't understand why these pubs don't put on the right number of staff on match days - especially when its a local derby match. Missing big revenue opportunities.

That's interesting 8 of us stood outside looking at the Adelaides crowded bar. To be honest it really didn’t look very crowded. Is it me or has the service got slower. Anyway we settled for barely average Guinness which was drunk in the corner in front of photos of David Bardsley, Les Ferdinand, and Roy Wegerlee. It all turned out nice in the end.
Login to get fewer ads

Where did all those people come from? on 19:14 - Nov 12 with 1757 viewsNoDiddley

Where did all those people come from? on 11:16 - Nov 12 by quickpassrotter

The staff in the White Horse were asking us what we'd like to drink as it's limited to 95 punters. mind you you have to get there before 12, then it's clicker counter one in one out as you wait in the rain.
Where did all those people come from? on 14:20 - Nov 13 with 1552 viewsrobith

Where did all those people come from? on 11:14 - Nov 12 by derbyhoop

A full house shows up the inadequacies of our wonderful little stadium.

Trying to get any food or drink or getting to the toilet at half time is nightmare.
But, boy, is a good atmosphere generated by a full house and a good game.
If we ever get a new stadium it would be nice to think they can retain all the atmosphere AND provide decent facilities.

In the paddocks contactless and someone getting the orders for the serves would speed things up no end
Where did all those people come from? on 14:35 - Nov 13 with 1536 viewsMick_S

I think we should be more like the theatre and pre book our drinks to be waiting for us at half time. I mean, nobody would nick them, or anything like that, would they.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Where did all those people come from? on 15:14 - Nov 13 with 1503 views18StoneOfHoop

Where did all those people come from? on 14:35 - Nov 13 by Mick_S

I think we should be more like the theatre and pre book our drinks to be waiting for us at half time. I mean, nobody would nick them, or anything like that, would they.

I was at the Royal Court theatre with my elderly unwell late father
and ordered interval drinks an hour before the performance
the imperious arrogant to-the-manor-born Lancing Old boy Tory Tim Rice took them
before I could get there.
Hey,I'm not bitter or anything [rubs itchy beard] WHAT A COUNT!

[Post edited 13 Nov 2018 15:15]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024