Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Rd - my old girl 19:54 - Nov 11 with 9067 viewsAgedR

Had a splendid day yesterday drinking with Rangers and Bees mates in the Actin Vale before the game.

Great, rousing performance from us.

Met my mates in the Connigham after, he’d taken his wife in the away end. She’d never been to the Rs before...

Her words, “what an incredible sound, oh, I do hope Rangers score again”.

It doesn’t happen as often as any of us would like, but, when Loftus Rd is rocking, there’s nowhere like it anywhere.

The old girl can still rock.

I

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Loftus Rd - my old girl on 23:59 - Nov 14 with 1762 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I rarely go now after I gave up my season ticket.

I took a Venezuelan girl to her first match, which we lost to Huddersfield but she loved the ground and the atmosphere even though we lost.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Loftus Rd - my old girl on 11:40 - Nov 15 with 1635 viewsBoston

Loftus Rd - my old girl on 23:59 - Nov 14 by Metallica_Hoop

I rarely go now after I gave up my season ticket.

I took a Venezuelan girl to her first match, which we lost to Huddersfield but she loved the ground and the atmosphere even though we lost.

Yeah, she now attends all Huddersfield away games.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Loftus Rd - my old girl on 16:01 - Nov 15 with 1594 viewsMoonshineSteve

Her being from a non-football family, I introduced my good lady to LR. Shortly afterwards I took her to see some egg-chasing at Twickenham. England scored a try, the PA system played Tom Hark, and I heard her singing "Buzsaky ... Buzsaky ... he said to me his name's Buzsaky".

How pleased was I?

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Loftus Rd - my old girl on 20:48 - Nov 17 with 1455 viewsrrrspricey

Loftus Rd - my old girl on 16:01 - Nov 15 by MoonshineSteve

Her being from a non-football family, I introduced my good lady to LR. Shortly afterwards I took her to see some egg-chasing at Twickenham. England scored a try, the PA system played Tom Hark, and I heard her singing "Buzsaky ... Buzsaky ... he said to me his name's Buzsaky".

How pleased was I?

Mrs P only been once v Bury in about 02/03.

She is a Luton pikey so not really welcome!
Loftus Rd - my old girl on 09:28 - Nov 18 with 1397 viewsGroveR

My missus has been twice, first was the day after our wedding, the game after Ray Jones died. We also took the kids to the game for Grenfell. She's basically spent 180 minutes sobbing.
Loftus Rd - my old girl on 12:20 - Nov 18 with 1333 viewsqueensparker

Took my missus to the first game of the season against Blackpool a few years ago - it was part of my 30th birthday celebrations so she had to come (she couldn’t be less interested in football).

Those that were there will remember it was hotter than hell and she spent the whole game under the tin roof stuck to a sweaty bald loud tattooed gentleman on her other side. Then a young kid in front of us puked everywhere with the heat which really made for a lovely aroma.

We might have won 5-0 but she hasn’t been back.
Loftus Rd - my old girl on 14:27 - Nov 18 with 1290 viewsMonahoop

My wife used to come with me to LR sometimes during the early 80's. She was my girlfriend then. Like most females who went to games then, apart from asking how the offside rule worked, they liked commenting on the players legs. She particularly liked Gary Waddock's stumps. Don't know why, but she did.
I have an old programme QPR v Everton. We are on the cover, if rather hazily. It shows Gary Waddock signing an autograph for someone and somewhere in the background on the terraces near the front, is my missus oggling at Mr Waddocks pins! Well probably she was.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Loftus Rd - my old girl on 12:23 - Nov 20 with 1150 viewsW7Ranger

Took my then g/f (now missus) to her first game at Loftus Road in April '98. England B v Russia B. Think Sinclair played who was still with us at the time, or had not long left for West Ham. Also Les and Le Tiss. This was just prior to France 98 so a lot of players fighting for a seat on the plane. Ferdy scored the 1st, and then Le Tiss basically ran the show, he was unplayable. Scored 3, hit the woodwork twice. How he never got in the squad for the World Cup that year I'll never know!

So she enjoyed that one. So I thought I'd bring her to a Rangers game at the start of the following season. QPR v Bury, less than 9k there, a drab 0-0! I apologised for such a piss poor game. She said she loved it and wanted to come back!! WTF??? Bizarrely she's a fully fledged QPR fan now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024