Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview 11:33 - Nov 14 with 20325 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/48999
Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 12:20 - Nov 14 with 11843 viewsTrom

Great interview thanks Northern.

I do like Hoos for his commercial acumen. A tough job no doubt but he largely seems to be doing the right things. Also kudos to the club for opening up on these issues so we get a better insight.

A difficult job and one where you can't please all the people all the time.
Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 12:35 - Nov 14 with 11800 views2Thomas2Bowles

Friends of Wormwood Scrubs OR Save Wormwood Scrubs, name change at some point

So that's 10 years added to any hope of a Stadium at LCS

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 12:53 - Nov 14 with 11740 viewsflynnbo

A very interesting read but also worrying about the obstacles being put in our way with the proposed new stadium at the Scrubs. We have really been up against it what with WF and now LCS. Still, we have to be optimistic in that we appear to have the right people working on it.
Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 13:10 - Nov 14 with 11675 viewsBuckR

Dont know what it is about this guy but I just cant bring myself to like him. Seems to be doing a good job and holds the pure strings in very well but just cant put my finger on it
Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 13:13 - Nov 14 with 11660 viewsdaveB

Fans paying for the training ground is unlikely to go down well.

We had 2 bites of the cherry in the prem with 200million coming in and wasted, to go cap in hand to ask for fans to pay for a training ground seems ridiculous even though you get a return on your investment
Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 13:13 - Nov 14 with 11659 viewsDorse

Save Wormwood Scrubs? What, are there misty-eyed geezers with thick necks and grammatically incorrect tattoos linking arms and singing 'Kum By-Ah, You Slag, Kum By-Ah?'

I'll leave you with that image.

Anyway, really interesting interview - covered a lot of ground and puts our current situation in a new light.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 13:18 - Nov 14 with 11637 viewsmikeygunn

Cheers Clive, disappointed to see that we are not going for the higher category with the academy. Would be good for our young players to play against the best in the country. I'm no expert but I think this will limit them somewhat. All well and good playing Coventry etc but we need to be playing Arsenal/Spurs etc.
Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 13:26 - Nov 14 with 11609 viewsR_from_afar

Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 13:10 - Nov 14 by BuckR

Dont know what it is about this guy but I just cant bring myself to like him. Seems to be doing a good job and holds the pure strings in very well but just cant put my finger on it

Just try to focus on what he is doing, not who he is or what he is like .

I think we are in very good hands and hate to think what sort of a state we would be in without him.

Thanks for the article, very insightful .

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 13:49 - Nov 14 with 11526 viewsQPR_John

"Rent paid for these training facilities does count against our FFP calculations, money spent on infrastructure you own does not."

I assume Hoos is correct but does this not show FFP for what it is. A training ground is not a luxuary for a football club but if you own it FFP does not come into it but if you have to rent it the rental is included in any FFP calculations
Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 13:54 - Nov 14 with 11512 viewsmakaveli1882

Good questions Clive, don't mind Hoos at all but thought he swerved some decent questions.

Especially the part about the booking fee and the Villa game was very alarming, going on about his wife's Michael Jackson ticket(who dies 9 years ago) was just bollocks as was the part about us complaining about a fiver when he goes back to America, couple of clive's
question below.

I take the example of the guy who sits behind me whose son was back for the Villa game and wanted to come, looked online and as a non-member to pay on the day and sit with his dad in gold I think it was £39 plus the booking fee so he didn’t come and watched it on TV instead.

Yeh it is more expensive in that area but there are cheaper places to sit.

Fine, but Friday night, a game on television, £42.50 including the booking fee is a lot isn’t it for Championship football.

It is, but if you’re coming a lot then it’s cheaper because you can get a season ticket or if you can’t commit to that for whatever reason we’ve developed things like the flexi-ticket. Make the commitment, you can pay in stages we don’t take it off you all at once, if you can come to even six games then it makes it a lot less. The least expensive way to do it is season tickets. If you just bowl up on the day as a one off is that really any different from going to see a show in town as a one off, where you’d probably end up paying more. My wife wanted to see the Michael Jackson show and it was £70 for a ticket, I mean good lord you say football’s expensive. And MJ doesn’t even need the money any more.

On the point about doing more with what we have, you’ve mentioned the catering, we know the concourses are a nightmare, you’ve said before you can either go to the toilet or you can get a beer but you can’t do both at half time…

… we did have a discussion about serving beer in the toilets…

… well funny you should say that because the beer does taste quite a lot like the piss doesn’t it? A fiver for a plastic bottle of 3% Carlsberg isn’t encouraging anybody to spend money here is it? You’d have to be mental to buy that.

When I go home to the States and see the cost of beer at sports events I think, wow, and we complain about paying a fiver.

It’s not like these guys are running a bar and can spread out their costs over time with income coming in all the time. They’ve got one point to make the income, they have to bring people to do that, they have to bring people in for five hours and they’re not allowed to serve for an hour and a half of that. I do keep an eye on other grounds, and we are comparable to other grounds. I went to the rugby sevens at Twickenham this year, my first experience, and we’re a lot cheaper than Twickenham.

Yes, it’s expensive at rugby and American sports, but there’s also a huge selection there. The choice and the quality in our catering is poor isn’t it?

I’d love to try and introduce more. Again, it comes down to facilities they have to work with here which aren’t great, both production kitchen wise and in terms of selling space and what they can do. At other clubs I’ve been with where we’ve introduced a fanzone there has been beer and food there, we don’t even have that option here because we’re bumping up against licensing regulations. A new stadium would certainly help with all of this — you’d have better sellers, better facilities, better production kitchens and you could do a better job.
Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 14:53 - Nov 14 with 11372 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stay in W12 has to be backed.

https://www.stayinw12.co.uk/

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 15:00 - Nov 14 with 11359 viewsconnell10

Hmmmm not going for a Cat 1 academy! Sounds like back tracking to me and cutting costs! Wasn't this the main part of getting a new training ground?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 15:14 - Nov 14 with 11331 viewsBostonR

The bond issue on the training ground will be over-subscribed if they take that route. I would invest.
Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 15:14 - Nov 14 with 11331 viewsQPR_John

Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 15:00 - Nov 14 by connell10

Hmmmm not going for a Cat 1 academy! Sounds like back tracking to me and cutting costs! Wasn't this the main part of getting a new training ground?

What does having a cat 1 academy give you that an inferior category academy does not
Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 15:30 - Nov 14 with 11297 viewsNorthernr

Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 15:14 - Nov 14 by QPR_John

What does having a cat 1 academy give you that an inferior category academy does not

- Well you have to have top notch facilities to get category one, so that's one thing.

- You play the other category one academies in matches, so better quality of opposition than we have now.

- And, as it says in the interview, the rules currently say that if you have a lower category academy then clubs with a higher one can just come and take your teenagers for a set compensation fee (which is tiny) regardless of how good they are or how long you've coached them. In the Raheem Sterling example it would mean that instead of being able to negotiate a deal with Liverpool that eventually made us £12m they'd simply have been able to come and take him for a few thousand quid.

More details from Simon Dorset here...
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/48272/the-greater-
Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 15:34 - Nov 14 with 11281 viewsconnell10

Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 15:14 - Nov 14 by QPR_John

See above!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 15:37 - Nov 14 with 11277 viewsNorthernr

Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 15:14 - Nov 14 by BostonR

The bond issue on the training ground will be over-subscribed if they take that route. I would invest.

Norwich had their money within a week when they did something similar.
Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 15:50 - Nov 14 with 11249 viewsvegasranger

That was an excellent read. What level of teams and league do you play in if you are only Cat 1? Feels like we are not planning to even try and mix it with the big boys. UNLV in Las Vegas spent 10 million dollars on the new football academy and that's just the college level.
Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 15:51 - Nov 14 with 11247 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Academy news either needs to be explained by the club properly and promptly or else recognised for what it is - incredibly bad news.

Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 15:59 - Nov 14 with 11222 viewsQPR_John

Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 15:30 - Nov 14 by Northernr

- Well you have to have top notch facilities to get category one, so that's one thing.

- You play the other category one academies in matches, so better quality of opposition than we have now.

- And, as it says in the interview, the rules currently say that if you have a lower category academy then clubs with a higher one can just come and take your teenagers for a set compensation fee (which is tiny) regardless of how good they are or how long you've coached them. In the Raheem Sterling example it would mean that instead of being able to negotiate a deal with Liverpool that eventually made us £12m they'd simply have been able to come and take him for a few thousand quid.

More details from Simon Dorset here...
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/48272/the-greater-

As to the third point did not Hoos say you can lose a player to a cat 1 academy even if you are yourself a cat 1 academy
Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 16:01 - Nov 14 with 11210 viewsBostonR

Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 15:37 - Nov 14 by Northernr

Norwich had their money within a week when they did something similar.

It will be interesting to watch how they prepare the investment vehicle for this.

I assume we are looking at an investment of circa £20/25MM plus. Will they limit fan participation and seek backing from the financial institutions? Either way it's a smart move.

On the stadium, I can see they are playing a clever game by working closely with the Council as there perseverance with Warren Farm will stand them in a good position. It shows they have a long-term commitment. I can see the LC development happening. All good stuff.
Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 16:03 - Nov 14 with 11205 viewsNorthernr

Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 16:01 - Nov 14 by BostonR

It will be interesting to watch how they prepare the investment vehicle for this.

I assume we are looking at an investment of circa £20/25MM plus. Will they limit fan participation and seek backing from the financial institutions? Either way it's a smart move.

On the stadium, I can see they are playing a clever game by working closely with the Council as there perseverance with Warren Farm will stand them in a good position. It shows they have a long-term commitment. I can see the LC development happening. All good stuff.

I did try to pin him down on how much it will all cost, I remember a figure of £20-23m being touted way back in the planning process, but as you can see he wouldn't be drawn while they're tendering for work.
Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 16:24 - Nov 14 with 11141 viewsPhildo

He seemed quite pessimistic on the scrubs - which may be sensible given the troubled history with Car Giant and the need to get public support from the fans.
Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 16:25 - Nov 14 with 11137 viewsdaveB

Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 15:51 - Nov 14 by BrianMcCarthy

The Academy news either needs to be explained by the club properly and promptly or else recognised for what it is - incredibly bad news.

I'm sure they announced that about 2 years ago, maybe longer that the academy wouldn't be going to category 1 and the training ground plans were scaled back.
Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 17:02 - Nov 14 with 11048 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hoos talks Warren Farm, FFP, Loftus Road — Interview on 16:25 - Nov 14 by daveB

I'm sure they announced that about 2 years ago, maybe longer that the academy wouldn't be going to category 1 and the training ground plans were scaled back.

I do remember the talks (Fernandes) of scaling back, Dave, but I can't remember reading anything about Cat 2. Maybe they did, but I can't see how it would have slipped through without a lot of disappointed reaction?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024