Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is this site so quiet these days ? 21:26 - Dec 20 with 9425 viewsbonymine

Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 01:30 - Dec 22 with 1411 viewsSTID2017

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 01:15 - Dec 22 by jack247

I don’t have any history with him. What’s happened here, is I’ve agreed with a post saying ‘some of the so called PS legends contribute very little to the football board’. He’s taken that to mean him, which it quite likely does, and gone on the offensive.

He’s never been personal or abusive to me, but to this day will still jump in with ‘the blokes scum/a cnt/nasty bit of work/etc’ every time someone mentions his old sparring partner. He may well be right, I just wish he’d shut up about it.

Fair enough, and possibly you are a bit more inciteful or have more knowledge of the deeper rooted argument between Darran and his "sparring partner"
There's been times this year when he has been really supportive of my awful personal situation - then other times he calls me all the names under the sun !
I guess I just don't take him too seriously, but I do think he could find a different way of expressing himself on here sometimes and does tend to get some people's backs up.
However there are far worse things in the world - believe me

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 09:01 - Dec 22 with 1320 viewsBadlands

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 22:17 - Dec 21 by Darran

Yes someone explain to him that the Non-Football Board means a board for Non-Football.

I thought the 'Non-Football Board' was a link to the Cardiff site!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 09:45 - Dec 22 with 1315 viewsDarran

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 01:30 - Dec 22 by STID2017

Fair enough, and possibly you are a bit more inciteful or have more knowledge of the deeper rooted argument between Darran and his "sparring partner"
There's been times this year when he has been really supportive of my awful personal situation - then other times he calls me all the names under the sun !
I guess I just don't take him too seriously, but I do think he could find a different way of expressing himself on here sometimes and does tend to get some people's backs up.
However there are far worse things in the world - believe me

Bollox.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 10:00 - Dec 22 with 1287 viewsSTID2017

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 09:45 - Dec 22 by Darran

Bollox.

Good morning to you as well !
Care to expand ?
On second thoughts , never mind.
Merry Christmas to you and your family

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 10:46 - Dec 22 with 1287 viewsDarran

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 10:00 - Dec 22 by STID2017

Good morning to you as well !
Care to expand ?
On second thoughts , never mind.
Merry Christmas to you and your family

Merry Christmas G though I hope all the moaning twàts on here choke on their turkey or nut roast if they are a weirdo.

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 12:00 - Dec 22 with 1253 viewsCaptain_Sham

Why wasn't Global Warming included among the options?

Its just a ride.

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 12:06 - Dec 22 with 1249 viewsJBG

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 07:11 - Dec 21 by Jackfath

The reason why this site is so quiet these days is because board legends like me hardly ever post any more.

FACT.

cock
Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 12:11 - Dec 22 with 1242 viewsJBG

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 20:18 - Dec 21 by Darran

It always is,nobody’s posted on here for the last 15 years because of me.

well you are a prize cock
Login to get fewer ads

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 12:13 - Dec 22 with 1239 viewsDarran

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 12:11 - Dec 22 by JBG

well you are a prize cock

Cut the personal abuse you porky twàt.

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 12:17 - Dec 22 with 1236 viewsJBG

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 12:13 - Dec 22 by Darran

Cut the personal abuse you porky twàt.

You have taken this board down the pan you and only you IMO and when Rich catches up with you your dead
Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 12:24 - Dec 22 with 1231 viewsDarran

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 12:17 - Dec 22 by JBG

You have taken this board down the pan you and only you IMO and when Rich catches up with you your dead

He’ll be arrested and put away soon.

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 12:59 - Dec 22 with 1210 viewsJBG

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 12:24 - Dec 22 by Darran

He’ll be arrested and put away soon.

You had better hope teabag
Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 17:55 - Dec 22 with 1127 viewsPhil_S

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 09:00 - Dec 21 by LeonWasGod

It’s the network. I look at some of the other sites on the network from time to time; some have really good news sections (QPR and Ipswich spring to mind). They’re just as bad with adverts.

And yes, there’s no reason to come here other than for an argument. Regular news would draw people, but I realise that would be a massive commitment for someone (I think some other sites have full time reporters).
[Post edited 21 Dec 2018 9:03]

Ben trying to get back to regular news for a while now but we get volunteers who drop off reasonably quickly

It is a big commitment, the better way would be having a team of say 10-12 people who write 1-2 stories a week each (not a verbatim repeat of what is written elsewhere) but thats easier said than done
Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 18:22 - Dec 22 with 1099 viewsDarran

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 17:55 - Dec 22 by Phil_S

Ben trying to get back to regular news for a while now but we get volunteers who drop off reasonably quickly

It is a big commitment, the better way would be having a team of say 10-12 people who write 1-2 stories a week each (not a verbatim repeat of what is written elsewhere) but thats easier said than done

Is he the rat?

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 02:41 - Dec 23 with 1007 viewsTesla

That's what happens when you have low self esteem and fear a differing opinion or superior intellect. Get rid of the opposing view in a debate and you are left with a void comprising of a load of nothingness. It's self inflicted. Complain when someone has another opinion then complain when nobody has anything left to debate, ironically it's the epitome of insanity. Deal with it I guess.
Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 02:59 - Dec 23 with 1002 viewsDJack

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 02:41 - Dec 23 by Tesla

That's what happens when you have low self esteem and fear a differing opinion or superior intellect. Get rid of the opposing view in a debate and you are left with a void comprising of a load of nothingness. It's self inflicted. Complain when someone has another opinion then complain when nobody has anything left to debate, ironically it's the epitome of insanity. Deal with it I guess.

Welcome...back.

Opinions...you are entitled to yours but remember what are they like...and it's not rissoles!

If you have an opposing views to facts then getting rid of that view does not leave a void comprising of nothingness, it just leaves facts.

As this is a football club site you are (mostly) free to post whatever you wish...just don't do it ad nauseum.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 03:38 - Dec 23 with 987 viewsTesla

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 02:59 - Dec 23 by DJack

Welcome...back.

Opinions...you are entitled to yours but remember what are they like...and it's not rissoles!

If you have an opposing views to facts then getting rid of that view does not leave a void comprising of nothingness, it just leaves facts.

As this is a football club site you are (mostly) free to post whatever you wish...just don't do it ad nauseum.

Indeed, however in this case it is the people usually holding the uncomfortable facts that get chased out and leaves incorrect opinion surrounded by a safetynet with the knowledge that nobody is left to dispute it. I think a perfect display of this was the factual revelation that Jenkins has presided over a transfer profit since getting to the PL and still incredibly achieving all we have, which was the final nail in that particular coffin.

As for ''welcome back''. I have never left. Contrary to what these guys think, I post when I feel compelled to, it takes about 40 seconds to create a username. But as has been noted, the site has been dead ever since and the fanclub no longer knows what to do with themselves. That was their raison d'etre. I'm enjoying the uncomfortable silence at the moment, it's deafening and incredibly satisfying.

Merry Xmas.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 4:02]
Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 04:05 - Dec 23 with 979 viewsDJack

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 03:38 - Dec 23 by Tesla

Indeed, however in this case it is the people usually holding the uncomfortable facts that get chased out and leaves incorrect opinion surrounded by a safetynet with the knowledge that nobody is left to dispute it. I think a perfect display of this was the factual revelation that Jenkins has presided over a transfer profit since getting to the PL and still incredibly achieving all we have, which was the final nail in that particular coffin.

As for ''welcome back''. I have never left. Contrary to what these guys think, I post when I feel compelled to, it takes about 40 seconds to create a username. But as has been noted, the site has been dead ever since and the fanclub no longer knows what to do with themselves. That was their raison d'etre. I'm enjoying the uncomfortable silence at the moment, it's deafening and incredibly satisfying.

Merry Xmas.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 4:02]

Incorrect opinion...How does that work?

Is the site dead? Or is a polite and "fun" society dead?

Is populism/nationalism and/or polarised views the death of facts/debate/needed social discourse? In what direction are modern/emerging societies going?

Merry (?) Xmas.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 04:28 - Dec 23 with 976 viewsTesla

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 04:05 - Dec 23 by DJack

Incorrect opinion...How does that work?

Is the site dead? Or is a polite and "fun" society dead?

Is populism/nationalism and/or polarised views the death of facts/debate/needed social discourse? In what direction are modern/emerging societies going?

Merry (?) Xmas.

It shouldn't work. But to answer your question, it is due to people not understanding they are arguing against facts. If you argue against facts, then it becomes incorrect opinion. Example:- ''I don't think McBurnie is caucasian'' and then throwing hissy fit because you are told he is.

The site is not dead no, just incredibly dull. It still serves it's purpose by allowing the usual suspects to have their security blanket. Which is possibly why it was created initially, be that consciously or subconsciously.
Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 06:34 - Dec 23 with 949 viewsCaptain_Sham

The wildly schizophrenic nature of our performances and results are not helping. Its hard to generate any emotional momentum one way or the other.
Its like you are dying for a pi$$ and there two toilets, each a mile away in directly opposite directions, and you keep changing you mind about which one is closer, and you start one way, and then go the other and then change your mind and go the other and end up hosing yourself right where you started.... that's what its like supporting Swansea City right now.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 6:40]

Its just a ride.

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 07:44 - Dec 23 with 925 views3swan

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 06:34 - Dec 23 by Captain_Sham

The wildly schizophrenic nature of our performances and results are not helping. Its hard to generate any emotional momentum one way or the other.
Its like you are dying for a pi$$ and there two toilets, each a mile away in directly opposite directions, and you keep changing you mind about which one is closer, and you start one way, and then go the other and then change your mind and go the other and end up hosing yourself right where you started.... that's what its like supporting Swansea City right now.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 6:40]

Sorry off subject but

", and you start one way, and then go the other and then change your mind and go the other"

Reminds me of Trigger in OFAH in the Margate episode when they went looking for B&B's.

Back on subject, performances are frustrating, as can be expected, but some things are now happening more frequently.
Unfortunately we haven't got the strength in depth to help player development and consistent performances.
Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 09:18 - Dec 23 with 881 viewsswan65split

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 04:28 - Dec 23 by Tesla

It shouldn't work. But to answer your question, it is due to people not understanding they are arguing against facts. If you argue against facts, then it becomes incorrect opinion. Example:- ''I don't think McBurnie is caucasian'' and then throwing hissy fit because you are told he is.

The site is not dead no, just incredibly dull. It still serves it's purpose by allowing the usual suspects to have their security blanket. Which is possibly why it was created initially, be that consciously or subconsciously.

Welcome to Planet Swans........
Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 09:42 - Dec 23 with 850 viewsItchySphincter

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 09:18 - Dec 23 by swan65split

Welcome to Planet Swans........

It's not even mildly amusing. It's killed the forum.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 11:51 - Dec 23 with 807 viewsswan65split

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 09:42 - Dec 23 by ItchySphincter

It's not even mildly amusing. It's killed the forum.

Welcoming a new poster?
Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 12:02 - Dec 23 with 804 viewsjack247

Why is this site so quiet these days ? on 11:51 - Dec 23 by swan65split

Welcoming a new poster?

It’s E20 mun
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024