Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool game 22:08 - Dec 25 with 20123 viewsmeeee

Boxing day at Spotland, 3 points would be very welcome but that seems unlikely with our current home form. Will Hill keep the lineup the same as Southend or will it be more chopping and changing? Will be interesting to see if Cannon and Mcgahey start with all the rumours surrounding them leaving. Let's hope the lads are as up for this game as they were against Southend, I'm going for an optimistic 1-1 draw
Blackpool game on 21:23 - Dec 27 with 2081 viewsYorkshire_Dale

No one's mentioned Hendo's winning celebration....scoring so many you would think he had got used to it but yesterday THAT really meant summat!
Watch it again guys.
Blackpool game on 10:21 - Dec 28 with 1834 viewsaleanddale

Blackpool game on 16:29 - Dec 26 by Brookers81

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/21/por-scunthorpe-keen-on-rochdales-mcgahey/p

If we lose McGahey we may as well just accept no ambition from the board or manager and prepare for league two again :(

Great post

3 points

30 on the board on Boxing Day! - as you were.
Blackpool game on 12:05 - Dec 28 with 1687 viewssoulboy

Blackpool game on 21:23 - Dec 27 by Yorkshire_Dale

No one's mentioned Hendo's winning celebration....scoring so many you would think he had got used to it but yesterday THAT really meant summat!
Watch it again guys.

Yes i agree, he seemed to go a bit potty for sure!!
Blackpool game on 14:48 - Dec 28 with 1535 viewsDaleiLama

Blackpool game on 16:29 - Dec 26 by Brookers81

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/21/por-scunthorpe-keen-on-rochdales-mcgahey/p

If we lose McGahey we may as well just accept no ambition from the board or manager and prepare for league two again :(

Or we accept that the people running the club know more about how to do so than us? After the Great Escape last year and a lacklustre start to the L1 campaign this year (albeit with an improving outlook) you could argue that keep doing the same and expecting a different outcome would be madness, as the saying goes. Let's face it, we're hardly in the play-off chase currently.

Our midfield and defence have been a lot less than stellar for 18 months now (and we are too reliant on IH for goals). AC and HM are fan favourites, but KH knows more than any of us about players carrying out instructions, which players earn their wage on the pitch (in his eyes) and a lot of other factors, not least of which is the fiscal side of running RAFC on a shoestring and balancing the books. In response to paragraph 1 above, he has played Hendo up front 2 games on the bounce and thrown Doney (who hit the post) up front in H2 vs Blackpool. Adshead is becoming a fixture in midfield - a change which Keith has chosen or been forced to choose, but which appears to be helping stabilise the team and making it look more cohesive. Results are improving. I posted about a week ago that change was needed. It's happening. Like it did last season which helped us stay up seemingly against the odds. KH doesn't always get it right (an understatement) but he isn't afraid of making bold moves and sticks to his guns. During his time at Dale, he has got it right a lot more than wrong. It could just be possible he is the best man for the job in spite of those calling for his head on a plate.

If you want to prepare for L2, be my guest, but I am absolutely certain that no one at the club is. If you saw what the Charlton result meant to everyone at or supporting RAFC, I am surprised you even made a comment like that tbh.

Aside: We are now unbeaten in 10 Boxing Day fixtures, winning 4 and drawing 6 of those. Let's hope the festive season is a gift that keeps giving come Saturday. Maybe, just maybe, the line up won't be criticised too much until after the final whistle on Saturday now either? I live in hope rather than expectation.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 15:40]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Blackpool game on 14:54 - Dec 28 with 1519 viewsTVOS1907

Blackpool game on 14:48 - Dec 28 by DaleiLama

Or we accept that the people running the club know more about how to do so than us? After the Great Escape last year and a lacklustre start to the L1 campaign this year (albeit with an improving outlook) you could argue that keep doing the same and expecting a different outcome would be madness, as the saying goes. Let's face it, we're hardly in the play-off chase currently.

Our midfield and defence have been a lot less than stellar for 18 months now (and we are too reliant on IH for goals). AC and HM are fan favourites, but KH knows more than any of us about players carrying out instructions, which players earn their wage on the pitch (in his eyes) and a lot of other factors, not least of which is the fiscal side of running RAFC on a shoestring and balancing the books. In response to paragraph 1 above, he has played Hendo up front 2 games on the bounce and thrown Doney (who hit the post) up front in H2 vs Blackpool. Adshead is becoming a fixture in midfield - a change which Keith has chosen or been forced to choose, but which appears to be helping stabilise the team and making it look more cohesive. Results are improving. I posted about a week ago that change was needed. It's happening. Like it did last season which helped us stay up seemingly against the odds. KH doesn't always get it right (an understatement) but he isn't afraid of making bold moves and sticks to his guns. During his time at Dale, he has got it right a lot more than wrong. It could just be possible he is the best man for the job in spite of those calling for his head on a plate.

If you want to prepare for L2, be my guest, but I am absolutely certain that no one at the club is. If you saw what the Charlton result meant to everyone at or supporting RAFC, I am surprised you even made a comment like that tbh.

Aside: We are now unbeaten in 10 Boxing Day fixtures, winning 4 and drawing 6 of those. Let's hope the festive season is a gift that keeps giving come Saturday. Maybe, just maybe, the line up won't be criticised too much until after the final whistle on Saturday now either? I live in hope rather than expectation.

I think you mean 10 HOME Boxing Day fixtures.

We've lost on 26th December at Burton, Scunthorpe and Blackburn in the last seven years.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 14:56]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Blackpool game on 14:59 - Dec 28 with 1512 viewsDaleiLama

Blackpool game on 14:54 - Dec 28 by TVOS1907

I think you mean 10 HOME Boxing Day fixtures.

We've lost on 26th December at Burton, Scunthorpe and Blackburn in the last seven years.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 14:56]

I do indeed! (I heard it on Matey FM driving to the ground and thought it would put the mockers on us - especially when the equaliser went in - but justice was done)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024