Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tarquins sack their manager! 16:53 - Feb 28 with 8952 viewsmakaveli1882

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham/claudio-ranieri-sacked-by-fulha
Tarquins sack their manager! on 10:25 - Mar 1 with 2442 viewsKonk

Tarquins sack their manager! on 10:11 - Mar 1 by BuckR

Errrr now do that with Cardiffs squad!

Maybe Warnock gets to choose his signings or has players that can fit his system? As it is, they’ll probably go down with us anyway.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Tarquins sack their manager! on 12:50 - Mar 1 with 2285 viewssexton

Tarquins sack their manager! on 09:31 - Mar 1 by Konk

We needed to sign at least four PL quality defenders because our entire defence needed replacing. We needed to sign at least one keeper, as we only had Bettinelli, who is okay without being most people's idea of a great keeper.

This is the side and bench that played in the play-off final:

Bettinelli - unproven in PL

Fredericks — joined West Ham on a freebie

Odoi — never going to be good enough for the PL

Ream — very good last year, but unlikely to be good enough for the PL

Targett — on loan from Saints, who wanted the best part of £20m for him

Cairney — probably good enough for the PL, but injured for a large chunk of the first half of the season

McDonald — excellent last season, but always likely to struggle a bit with the pace and intensity of the PL

Johansen — very good in the Championship, but probably not good enough to be a regular starter in the PL

Kamara — bull in a china shop. Had something of a nuisance factor, but wouldn’t ideally be starting in the PL

Mitrovic — absolute quality and a great attitude to date. Cost £22m or something to sign in the Summer.

Ryan Sessegnon — fantastic player, but only just turned 18 and had never played in the PL

Bench: Fonte (Not good enough), Ayite (Probably not good enough), Norwood (Loan and pnge)), Piazon (Loan and pnge), Christie (pretty sh it), Kalas (Loan and pnge to be a regular starter) and Button (not good enough). Other than that, we had Kebano, who might be okay off the bench in the PL, but not sure.

So, I think we did need to sign a load of players - partly because we'd relied so heavily on the loan system in our promotion year. We spent almost a 1/4 of our budget converting Mitrovic to a permanent signing, and then spunked a load on a bunch of players that really have failed to improve our side, and have probably just unbalanced everything. The side that played Villa would probably have still gone down, but would probably have made a better fist of things. But, we lost both full-backs, who were crucial to our success.

I said at the time that I would have kept Jokanovic even if we were relegated. We played good football, there was an emphasis on attack, and I think he deserved a bit of patience and respect. He had problems with injuries and seemingly didn't get to pick the signings he'd have liked. Under Ranieri, we've been clueless, welly the ball, haven't really tightened up at the back, and he's managed to pi ss-off Cairney and Sessegnon; either by not starting or by playing them out of position. We are a mess on and off the pitch, and most people think the fault lies principally with our owner's son, who serves as our DOF, despite absolutely no background in football. He's the one who identifies our signings. Also, signing 5 players on deadline day is hardly ideal prep.

And many of our fans thought the likes of Derry, Hill and Mackie would struggle in the Prem.
Tarquins sack their manager! on 13:04 - Mar 1 with 2249 viewsMick_S

Tarquins sack their manager! on 09:36 - Mar 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

'I've always liked this Club, m'lady'

Got my Fulham colours on now m'lady.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Tarquins sack their manager! on 14:34 - Mar 1 with 2130 viewsderbyhoop

Just goes to show how big the gap is between Championshio and PL. From Konk's analysis, Fulham only had 2/3 players capable of stepping up, excluding Fredericks and Targett.

Going up via the playoffs leaves the promoted club, 3 weeks behind everybody else in the cut-throat search for real quality without paying a fortune.

And anybody following the QPR (and now Fulham) model should be banned from any further involvement in football.

For me, it means, that sides getting promoted, should strengthen a little (2-3 players costing no more than £40m in total); expect to get relegated; use the parachute payments for a touch more strengthening; get promoted again; rinse and repeat.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tarquins sack their manager! on 15:41 - Mar 1 with 2035 viewsqprxtc

Tarquins sack their manager! on 09:52 - Mar 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, it all feels eerily familiar.

Sympathies, Konk. As they say in my part of County Cork - "I wouldn't wish it on a Kerryman".

Up the Kingdom.......
Tarquins sack their manager! on 21:02 - Mar 1 with 1826 viewsDannyPaddox

Tarquins sack their manager! on 15:41 - Mar 1 by qprxtc

Up the Kingdom.......

Makes a change you're usually Up the Pavillion
Tarquins sack their manager! on 12:51 - Mar 2 with 1678 viewsTGRRRSSS

The Khans deserve everything they get, I feel a bit for the average Fulham fan maybe but at the end of the day they are a rival.

Fire sale coming at the end of season I suspect.

Cairney and Sessenon will leave just for starters I think whatever happens.
Tarquins sack their manager! on 13:00 - Mar 2 with 1665 viewsTacticalR

@derbyhoop 'For me, it means, that sides getting promoted, should strengthen a little (2-3 players costing no more than £40m in total); expect to get relegated; use the parachute payments for a touch more strengthening; get promoted again; rinse and repeat.'

Doing a Burnley makes sense, but I wonder how many fans are prepared for weekly hammerings and swift relegation (if that's what it means in practice), plus a lot of owners don't want to lose face.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Tarquins sack their manager! on 15:38 - Mar 3 with 1522 viewsstevec

Don’t know if it’s the quality of football we’ve had to endure over the last four years but Fulham actually look quite good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024