Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tommy Langley 21:56 - Apr 23 with 8045 viewsWrightUp5hit___

v Bolton, 1980

6 seconds

That is all
Tommy Langley on 18:09 - Apr 25 with 1523 viewsflynnbo

Steve Burtenshaw who also managed Sheff Wed, I think?
Tommy Langley on 18:39 - Apr 25 with 1495 viewsloftboy

Tommy Langley on 15:37 - Apr 25 by qprxtc

It wasnae our Frank. Ken Shellito was assistant manager at the time with The Doc but I don't think it was him either. Ron Phillips perhaps?

And Loftboy, that Wombles game ended up 2-1 to Rangers......and Bannister got another 15 second goal a few weeks later against Wednesday. We blew a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2.

I need to drink more.

I stand corrected, Byrne scored in the 1-0
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 18:46]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Tommy Langley on 04:23 - Apr 26 with 1392 viewsPattaya_Rs

Tommy Langley on 09:37 - Apr 25 by CamberleyR

This by any chance?

Pretty much 3 sides of the ground singing ' Shoot Tommy Langley, were going to shoot Tommy Langley ' ........I was in away end.......real football days out back then
Tommy Langley on 05:58 - Apr 26 with 1371 viewsDannyPaddox

Tommy Langley on 17:30 - Apr 25 by qprxtc

Derek Healey was the caretaker manager.

Tommy Langley on 07:13 - Apr 26 with 1356 viewsYorkRanger

I was there that day. I'm pretty sure we were in lower school end, the move followed the roof coming off the Loft and a conclusion being quickly drawn that:

1. The lower school end (which was terraced then) gave you half a chance of staying dry

2. The low roof was good for acoustics and before the end switch away fans were regularly making more noise than the home fans in a roof less loft
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 7:13]
Tommy Langley on 08:37 - Apr 26 with 1329 viewsDannyPaddox

Tommy Langley on 07:13 - Apr 26 by YorkRanger

I was there that day. I'm pretty sure we were in lower school end, the move followed the roof coming off the Loft and a conclusion being quickly drawn that:

1. The lower school end (which was terraced then) gave you half a chance of staying dry

2. The low roof was good for acoustics and before the end switch away fans were regularly making more noise than the home fans in a roof less loft
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 7:13]

Indeed it was the first game after moving ends. The last (previous) game in the roofless-naked Loft was a 4-0 trouncing of Bristol City. I remember the last day in the old Loft being very sunny and thinking Dean Neal was our new Clive Allen. History (with the help of Terry Venables) proved Clive Allen was to be our new Clive Allen.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 8:39]
Tommy Langley on 09:06 - Apr 26 with 1314 viewsqprxtc

Tommy Langley on 08:37 - Apr 26 by DannyPaddox

Indeed it was the first game after moving ends. The last (previous) game in the roofless-naked Loft was a 4-0 trouncing of Bristol City. I remember the last day in the old Loft being very sunny and thinking Dean Neal was our new Clive Allen. History (with the help of Terry Venables) proved Clive Allen was to be our new Clive Allen.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 8:39]

Ahem….

I think you’ll find young Daniel that the first game the Rangers fans migrated to the School End was the Tuesday evening before the Bolton game.

A 0-0 draw with Orient where I recall Stanley, playing for the O's, getting booed after he got Glenn Roeder sent off (I think!).

XTC would have just released their Black Sea album at this time too.

Sgt Rock can’t help me.

Goodnight.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 9:13]
Tommy Langley on 09:34 - Apr 26 with 1294 viewsDannyPaddox

Tommy Langley on 09:06 - Apr 26 by qprxtc

Ahem….

I think you’ll find young Daniel that the first game the Rangers fans migrated to the School End was the Tuesday evening before the Bolton game.

A 0-0 draw with Orient where I recall Stanley, playing for the O's, getting booed after he got Glenn Roeder sent off (I think!).

Sgt Rock can’t help me.

Goodnight.

Sgt XTC I bow to your superior knowledge and recollection of the 1980/81 Loft End migration. I must have taken the Rangers Report to heart (see below). Well done for redeeming yourself after getting the Dennis Healy question totally wrong.

Login to get fewer ads

Tommy Langley on 09:52 - Apr 26 with 1284 viewsTheChef

Tommy Langley on 09:34 - Apr 26 by DannyPaddox

Sgt XTC I bow to your superior knowledge and recollection of the 1980/81 Loft End migration. I must have taken the Rangers Report to heart (see below). Well done for redeeming yourself after getting the Dennis Healy question totally wrong.

John Chiedozie!!

David McCreery??

What book is that from?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Tommy Langley on 09:57 - Apr 26 with 1276 viewsMrSheen

Ahem….

Sgt Rock can’t help me.

Goodnight.

Home fans chanting “We’ve seen it all before” after Stan’s dive right in front of us.
Tommy Langley on 15:22 - Apr 26 with 1215 viewsqprxtc

Tommy Langley on 09:34 - Apr 26 by DannyPaddox

Silly Billy.
Tommy Langley on 15:47 - Apr 26 with 1185 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Tommy Langley on 04:23 - Apr 26 by Pattaya_Rs

Pretty much 3 sides of the ground singing ' Shoot Tommy Langley, were going to shoot Tommy Langley ' ........I was in away end.......real football days out back then

Me too mate. I wonder how many of us were standing in there!
Tommy Langley on 17:53 - Apr 26 with 1118 viewsflynnbo

Tommy Langley on 09:52 - Apr 26 by TheChef

John Chiedozie!!

David McCreery??

What book is that from?

That was usually the next home game's programme.
Tommy Langley on 18:03 - Apr 26 with 1111 viewscolinallcars

Ahem….

Sgt Rock can’t help me.

Goodnight.

I remember the first game in the School End which of cause had a roof. The lads were singing “it's nice and warm in 'ere” to the tune of Those Were The Days.
Tommy Langley on 22:05 - Apr 26 with 1063 viewsqprxtc

Tommy Langley on 18:03 - Apr 26 by colinallcars

I remember the first game in the School End which of cause had a roof. The lads were singing “it's nice and warm in 'ere” to the tune of Those Were The Days.

I remember having to walk through a big bar to get to the terrace and my memory of it was mayhem.

I was 10
Tommy Langley on 00:21 - Apr 27 with 1022 viewsDannyPaddox

And for some reason the School End was renamed the West End. From Bloemfontein Road to the White City Station

Tommy Langley on 00:42 - Apr 27 with 1016 viewsstainrods_elbow

Tommy Langley on 09:56 - Apr 25 by CroydonCaptJack

That's it
Good work.

Is he actually flicking a V sign in his celebration?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Tommy Langley on 00:57 - Apr 27 with 1013 viewsDannyPaddox

Tommy Langley on 00:42 - Apr 27 by stainrods_elbow

Is he actually flicking a V sign in his celebration?

According to the V.A.R

No definitely not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024