Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lumley 12:02 - Jun 1 with 7073 viewstimcocking

Look, i don't actually like to post threads unless i have to, so one of you lot should have done this by now, but i suppose it'll have to be Joe Muggins.

So that's a few articles i've read now saying Warburton wants to bring in a new 'keeper; one that is 'more comfortable with the ball at their feet' than either Joe or Matt Ingram.

If that's true and it doesn't work out, i for one would immediately be really fcuking pissed off with Mark Warburton. We've got three good keepers who've been with us a while, it seems totally unnecessary to me. Even if he's made loads of errors, Joe has looked good a lot and he's cool as Hell, we all like him. I'd be very disappointed to see him replaced without a damned good reason and i can't see any way another 'keeper could be that much better with the ball than Joe, or they'd be fcuking playing up front in place of Matt Smith.

If he brings this bloke in (dunno sod all about him) and he's an upgrade, well fair enough i suppose. It just seems a silly gamble when we have so many more pressing concerns and one which could backfire spectacularly. It reeks of something Clive will be lamenting a few years from now when we're looking back at ridiculously rash, foolish decisions we've made. So far, each time a new manager comes in, they seem to bomb out decent, loyal players and arrogantly replace them with worse, more expensive players. I hope this doesn't turn out to be more of the same.
Lumley on 14:09 - Jun 5 with 1385 viewsfrancisbowles

Lumley on 11:44 - Jun 5 by olderR

According to Wik,i Wallace is 31.

Two FBs over 30 doesn't sound like long term planning.

Has Rangel actually signed then? I don't think he has and he may well be looking at other options. Even if we do end up with both of them it maybe gives us a stronger squad and a chance to cover and/or further develop Furlong and Manning.
Lumley on 10:14 - Jun 7 with 1102 viewsHooped_Pullie

Lumley on 09:13 - Jun 2 by francisbowles

Dieng is three months older than Lumley.

I stand corrected, sir...thought he was slightly younger.

As we all know, though, GK is the one position where the peak of a player's powers comes much later age-wise - another option would not be unwelcome for me.
Lumley on 10:46 - Jun 7 with 1056 viewswestberksr

I think we should look back on last season as a relative success debut campaign for Lumley, was very vocal in a team with no noticeable voice and is still young for a keeper.

post Xmas he had a different partnership in front of him virtually every week and a defence not really comfy with the ball anyway; so he was possibly forced to kick more than we would hope for. Equally he's no Rob Green; the ball did stay on the pitch quite a bit.

That was his 1st full season in one of the most competitive leagues in the word with a pretty poor defence in front of him. If he does get replaced i'll have some sympathy for him. Other areas need looking at; starting with defenders that can pass the ball; just like John Stones.......

oh, hang on a minute
Lumley on 11:39 - Jun 7 with 994 viewsquickpassrotter

With the limited budget that MW will have - and will certainly have to rely on the loans market too - purchasing yet another goalkeeper seems extremely odd and by no means a priority. We will need central defenders, full backs, midfielders and absolutely a decent striker. Unless it's known internally that Lumey and/or Ingram are leaving - makes no sense at all in stacking up on Keepers.
Lumley on 13:34 - Jun 7 with 912 viewsdavman

Lumley on 11:39 - Jun 7 by quickpassrotter

With the limited budget that MW will have - and will certainly have to rely on the loans market too - purchasing yet another goalkeeper seems extremely odd and by no means a priority. We will need central defenders, full backs, midfielders and absolutely a decent striker. Unless it's known internally that Lumey and/or Ingram are leaving - makes no sense at all in stacking up on Keepers.

...more worrying is Warbs' quote that he likes Kelly "because he is comfortable with the ball at his feet". I hope that he sees the irony that if that is the case, Kelly would have been the only one of the back 5 from last season (and some of our midfielders too) who are comfortable with the ball at his feet.

If we are trying what England failed at last night, then I see another 7-1 shellacking early season.

Of course, if he signs a back four and defensive midfielder who can play a bit, it'll all be different.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Lumley on 10:08 - Jun 8 with 789 viewsfrancisbowles

Lumley on 10:46 - Jun 7 by westberksr

I think we should look back on last season as a relative success debut campaign for Lumley, was very vocal in a team with no noticeable voice and is still young for a keeper.

post Xmas he had a different partnership in front of him virtually every week and a defence not really comfy with the ball anyway; so he was possibly forced to kick more than we would hope for. Equally he's no Rob Green; the ball did stay on the pitch quite a bit.

That was his 1st full season in one of the most competitive leagues in the word with a pretty poor defence in front of him. If he does get replaced i'll have some sympathy for him. Other areas need looking at; starting with defenders that can pass the ball; just like John Stones.......

oh, hang on a minute

That's a reasonable summary of Lumley's season there were some point winning performances but there were some very poor mistakes in amongst them and of course there was the effect of the kicking he got at Villa to consider as well.

However, if we can sign a 23 year old who has already been on the bench for the full Scottish side and is seen as an upgrade on Joe for only £50k then 'as long as the salary is reasonable' it is good business.

It looks like Dieng is leaving, can't see that Ingram can be happy and would surely like to put his nightmare behind him, whilst Lumley may be a saleable asset for considerably more than the cost of Kelly. We may also be able to return a profit on Kelly in a year or two.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024