Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread 14:50 - Aug 22 with 32451 viewsjackharris

I would have picked Byers or Garrick before Dhanda!
[Post edited 25 Aug 2019 11:04]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 15:07 - Aug 25 with 3263 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 14:54 - Aug 25 by jasper_T

Saw that a few times, yeah. One time Connor played it and it pretty much bounced off him.

Doesn't outweigh him hiding whenever vdH and Rodon have the ball. Looked a lot more eager for it after we were winning, funnily enough.

Fulton's got the skills to be a much better player for us than he is. Bit like Oli in that he can look scruffy and clumsy while pulling of some really neat tricks. Think he'll be dropped eventually like he was under Potter. Training ground hero, match day liability.

The one thing I'd say about Fulton is that he has bit of dog in him and we do lack that sometimes in midfield especially against more robust teams. Agree, though, he should be doing more for us than he does. He showed in pre-season that he can score goals.
The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 15:13 - Aug 25 with 3197 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 15:03 - Aug 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

Who do you think he'll lose minutes to? Carroll maybe?

Potter consistently selected Byers. Carroll does sound like he's in Cooper's thoughts, though. Long way off it for the u23s on Monday.
The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 15:24 - Aug 25 with 3101 viewsJohnw102

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 14:50 - Aug 25 by swan_si

Fulton made himself available on numerous occasions to play a simple give and go with Roberts in the first 30 35 minutes, but everytime Roberts turned and passed it back VDH slowing the game down.

Roberts is the new 3 Taylor

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 15:28 - Aug 25 with 3058 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 15:24 - Aug 25 by Johnw102

You obviously didn't see Taylor on Friday.
The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 15:37 - Aug 25 with 3000 viewsswan_si

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 15:24 - Aug 25 by Johnw102

Passing the ball to Taylor was like practicing against a wall, you knew it was always coming back.
The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 15:40 - Aug 25 with 2969 viewsraynor94

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 15:37 - Aug 25 by swan_si

Passing the ball to Taylor was like practicing against a wall, you knew it was always coming back.

Regular left back for Villa in the Prem

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 15:53 - Aug 25 with 2856 viewsLuther27

Jesus....what's with the whinging. We won...played decent football against a physical 11 men behind the ball team. We started well, had patience, played good football and scored 3. Cooper is playing a settled team unlike Potter. Bonus was it was a lovely sunny day so just enjoy ffs.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 16:35 - Aug 25 with 2677 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 15:53 - Aug 25 by Luther27

Jesus....what's with the whinging. We won...played decent football against a physical 11 men behind the ball team. We started well, had patience, played good football and scored 3. Cooper is playing a settled team unlike Potter. Bonus was it was a lovely sunny day so just enjoy ffs.

I haven’t read back. Are people really whinging? F*ck a duck if so. That was almost A faultless dismantling of a talentless, shape obsessed, negative Monk/Clotet/Clement team shitfest, by wearing the donkeys out and then kicking their arses. Result was never ever in doubt.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 16:40 - Aug 25 with 2661 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 16:35 - Aug 25 by monmouth

I haven’t read back. Are people really whinging? F*ck a duck if so. That was almost A faultless dismantling of a talentless, shape obsessed, negative Monk/Clotet/Clement team shitfest, by wearing the donkeys out and then kicking their arses. Result was never ever in doubt.

First game Ive been to this season. Great atmosphere. Feels different down there.

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 16:47 - Aug 25 with 2616 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 05:24 - Aug 25 by SA4

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/2-0-brum-obviously

Brum Mail have been taking a peek on here

One very perceptive comment on there

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 17:25 - Aug 25 with 2408 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 16:40 - Aug 25 by Captain_Sham

First game Ive been to this season. Great atmosphere. Feels different down there.

Must be the new owners ...

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 17:44 - Aug 25 with 2316 viewsbonymine

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 16:35 - Aug 25 by monmouth

Couldn’t have put it so succinctly myself Monny 👏👏👏😉

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 18:11 - Aug 25 with 2199 viewsraynor94

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 17:25 - Aug 25 by Badlands

Must be the new owners ...

Perhaps it's people warming to Cooper

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 18:11 - Aug 25 with 2195 viewsbuilthjack

We had most of the possession first half, looked comfortable, bot not enough penetration. Second half was much better. Very good performance all told.
We need to keep injury free and keep picking up results. One game at a time.
Well done lads.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 18:21 - Aug 25 with 2158 viewsSwanjaxs

Just a quote taken from Wales Online's sister website in the Midlands take on proceedings...

FT: Swansea 3 Blues 0
And you can’t say they don’t deserve i, they have been schooled here today.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 18:55 - Aug 25 with 2031 viewskarnataka

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 14:50 - Aug 25 by swan_si

Fulton made himself available on numerous occasions to play a simple give and go with Roberts in the first 30 35 minutes, but everytime Roberts turned and passed it back VDH slowing the game down.

Absolutely spot on, this was one of the major half time talking points around the area where I sit. VdH passes to Roberts, Fulton moved into a pocket of space about 15 yards infield of Roberts every single time, Roberts ignored him and rolls the ball back to VdH over and over again slowing progress down. I heard several people yelling at Roberts to use him. Must have happened 8 or 10 times first half.

If anyone thinks this wasn't happening, watch the 1st half again when the whole match is up on the official site. Might look a bit different from a camera in the West but from the East it was so obvious.
The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 19:01 - Aug 25 with 1997 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 12:50 - Aug 25 by krunchykarrot

At game, if bidwell comes out I'll eat my right testicle. He,s useless going forward he's somehow managed to nullify Celina on his own.

A much more potent attacking weapon than Connor Roberts in the first half. Cooper must have had a word because he actually overlapped second half

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 19:03 - Aug 25 with 1991 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 13:24 - Aug 25 by A_Fans_Dad

The only problem now is that they can't "park the bus", they will now come at us as a hoarde and they are bigs guys.

You know f*ck all. If that was the case why not attack first half?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 19:04 - Aug 25 with 1988 viewskarnataka

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 15:53 - Aug 25 by Luther27

Traffic from Somerset and back was great too. Journey time was about 15 minutes quicker both ways. A great day out all round!
The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 19:09 - Aug 25 with 1960 viewskarnataka

Can anyone remember a worse team to come to the Liberty since the beginning of last season? We made them look deeadful from start to finish.
The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 19:09 - Aug 25 with 1959 viewsNogginthenog

Van der Hoon is a very good player for us.
The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 19:15 - Aug 25 with 1926 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 19:09 - Aug 25 by karnataka

Can anyone remember a worse team to come to the Liberty since the beginning of last season? We made them look deeadful from start to finish.

Stoke.
The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 19:18 - Aug 25 with 1912 viewssainthelens

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 19:09 - Aug 25 by karnataka

Worst yet to come. Oct 26th.
The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 19:19 - Aug 25 with 1905 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 19:18 - Aug 25 by sainthelens

Worst yet to come. Oct 26th.

Good point, Sane The Lens.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 19:19 - Aug 25 with 1903 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City Vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 19:01 - Aug 25 by Brynmill_Jack

A much more potent attacking weapon than Connor Roberts in the first half. Cooper must have had a word because he actually overlapped second half

That was largely because we focussed on attacking through the left.
Neither were particularly effective.
Roberts in particular is going backward in his development while going backwards too slowly on the pitch.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024