Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kit clash 09:26 - Nov 3 with 3336 viewsGloucs_R

What was with the choice of kit yesterday? Surely blue socks and shorts with home kit would have been much better?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Kit clash on 08:45 - Nov 4 with 844 viewsMiss_Terraces

Football shirts colours, are supposed to be bold and stand out. The only colour that should clash with white is white.
Get rid of the weak (pastel) colours but not too bright, that they are iluminous
[Post edited 4 Nov 2019 8:49]

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Kit clash on 10:01 - Nov 4 with 806 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm another with mild colour blindness. Saturday was freaky.

On the odd occasion that I have to mention that I'm colour blind, the first question i get is nearly always "how do you manage at traffic lights?". To which the obvious answer is "I crash every time. Because I'm also stupid."

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kit clash on 10:26 - Nov 4 with 784 viewsbosh67

Kit clash on 10:01 - Nov 4 by BrianMcCarthy

On the odd occasion that I have to mention that I'm colour blind, the first question i get is nearly always "how do you manage at traffic lights?". To which the obvious answer is "I crash every time. Because I'm also stupid."

I think you've just locked off the first line of Richard Keogh's new career in after dinner speaking.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Kit clash on 10:31 - Nov 4 with 781 viewsfrancisbowles

Kit clash on 21:16 - Nov 3 by paulhoop2

Who remembers that horrid lime away kit from the late 90s? Or that awful black and silver one at turn of millennium ?

I thought the black and silver was one of the best alternatives we have had. It had proper hoops.
Kit clash on 11:06 - Nov 4 with 743 viewsbosh67

Some of the alternative kits on here are pretty good. I like the aqua blue and black hoops one. In fact they are all pretty good. Perhaps we should ditch the current kit makers and just buy these online.

https://www.c9m7.com/product/the-pirouette-adults-hooped-football-kit/

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Kit clash on 11:10 - Nov 4 with 736 viewsericgen34

Kit clash on 10:01 - Nov 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Yeah, I get this in the UK. The word blind in there doesnt help

In France it is called Daltonien - after Dalton who described it - and people just think that you see colours differently, which is more to the point
[Post edited 4 Nov 2019 11:11]
Kit clash on 11:31 - Nov 4 with 718 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kit clash on 11:10 - Nov 4 by ericgen34

Yeah, I get this in the UK. The word blind in there doesnt help

In France it is called Daltonien - after Dalton who described it - and people just think that you see colours differently, which is more to the point
[Post edited 4 Nov 2019 11:11]

That is a better way to describe it. Greens and Blues merge slightly to my eyes (we play in green and white hoops, right?) and I just painted my kitchen blue, but now it turns out it's green. My neighbour asked me if I was going to paint it again now that I know that it's green. Which nonplussed me. I mean, I like the colour, so I picked it and put it on the wall. Why would I change it now just because someone else uses a different word to describe it?

Kit clash on 11:51 - Nov 4 with 700 viewsTacticalR

Talking of green, should green be allowed as a kit colour? It can make the game harder to watch. See Wolves away kit:

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Kit clash on 12:07 - Nov 4 with 676 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kit clash on 11:51 - Nov 4 by TacticalR

Talking of green, should green be allowed as a kit colour? It can make the game harder to watch. See Wolves away kit:

A mate of mine from Clare was giving out recently, that he can't see the fancy modern teams in green properly. Then it was pointed out to him that Ireland play in green.

Kit clash on 12:43 - Nov 4 with 627 viewsPinnerPaul

Kit clash on 06:03 - Nov 4 by JAPRANGERS

I am not colour blind at all but watching on the computer it did at times look like 22 players on one team and no opposition! Surely it's the ref's responsibility and say so that the colours are too similar and order the away team to change??

Yes it is
Kit clash on 13:39 - Nov 4 with 591 viewsGloucs_R

Kit clash on 11:06 - Nov 4 by bosh67

Some of the alternative kits on here are pretty good. I like the aqua blue and black hoops one. In fact they are all pretty good. Perhaps we should ditch the current kit makers and just buy these online.

https://www.c9m7.com/product/the-pirouette-adults-hooped-football-kit/

I like the yellow and green and blue/ black

Also the red and blue...but we had that a couple of years ago.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Kit clash on 13:40 - Nov 4 with 591 viewsngbqpr

On the way to the ground, I said to our group, "have we got a third kit this season as I guess we'll need it today?".
I was surprised to see us trot out in mint, and I found it pretty confusing for much of the game. Agree home shirt with blue shorts / socks would have worked better.

I can see why we don't do Dennis every season - but do think we should stick with hoops as our (ahem) 'usp'

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024