Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. 20:33 - Jan 22 with 5412 viewsBlackCrowe

Sweet jesus. She's a charmer eh?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 13:45 - Jan 23 with 994 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent debate. Very informative, folks, and hasn't got personal. Yet!

I know very little about the Labour leadership candidates, but I'm learning from this thread.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 14:15 - Jan 23 with 934 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 13:45 - Jan 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Excellent debate. Very informative, folks, and hasn't got personal. Yet!

I know very little about the Labour leadership candidates, but I'm learning from this thread.

Sorry to burst the bubble Bri, but 90% of the contributions on this thread is completely untrue. I’m resisting challenging most of it because my ego can’t take another downvote from Ned Kennedy.

Judge candidates on how they vote I say, because ultimately that’s all that matters.

Labour List and Sienna is traditionally centrist publication and journalist but this is a useful run down of the candidates:

https://labourlist.org/2020/01/how-each-labour-leadership-candidate-has-voted-on
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 14:26]
Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 14:17 - Jan 23 with 926 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 10:42 - Jan 23 by MrSheen

I thought she was in favour of legal abortion up to 24 weeks, but didn’t think there should be an exemption to full term for abnormalities or disability. She was set upon by those who deny any role for the law in what happens to the “bundle of cells” in a woman’s body up to the time of birth.

I would have the abortion limit at 20 weeks, not 24, but otherwise I am with her.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 11:01]

She hasn’t specified a time period to my knowledge, although I may have missed it.
Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 14:21 - Jan 23 with 904 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 14:15 - Jan 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sorry to burst the bubble Bri, but 90% of the contributions on this thread is completely untrue. I’m resisting challenging most of it because my ego can’t take another downvote from Ned Kennedy.

Judge candidates on how they vote I say, because ultimately that’s all that matters.

Labour List and Sienna is traditionally centrist publication and journalist but this is a useful run down of the candidates:

https://labourlist.org/2020/01/how-each-labour-leadership-candidate-has-voted-on
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 14:26]

I didn't say I agreed with it all!

I used to read The Telegraph - that hideously racist, anti-Irish, pro-hunting bag of weirdness - and, while I didn't agree with a lot of it, I found much of it interesting and informative, once the bias was allowed for. Also, Michael Parkinson's sports column was incredibly good.

Same on here. I don't agree with every post. But this tread so far has been interesting, informative and light-hearted.

So far. Which is usually the trigger for the descent into bullying nonsense.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 14:40 - Jan 23 with 862 viewsessextaxiboy

Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 10:25 - Jan 23 by Ned_Kennedys

Momentum have demanded Rebecca Long-Bailey.

They are absolute toast if they go for RLB.

Corbyn has lead the party to the heaviest defeat in 90 yrs . They need a screeching U turn away from him IMO. Their opponents will have a field day linking her to him
on every policy she speaks about .

I am not sure they want power at all, it all seems like a suicide mission . They all seem happier yelling at a small mob from an upturned milk crate, then going down the pub.
Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 15:26 - Jan 23 with 838 viewsMrSheen

Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 14:17 - Jan 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

She hasn’t specified a time period to my knowledge, although I may have missed it.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-51149511
Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 19:19 - Jan 23 with 709 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 15:26 - Jan 23 by MrSheen

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-51149511

This is her reaction to the whole media coverage of her views and what she really thinks. Odd choice of a smear from the usual media rabble tbh.

[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 19:24]
Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 20:40 - Jan 23 with 622 viewsJigsore

Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 19:19 - Jan 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

This is her reaction to the whole media coverage of her views and what she really thinks. Odd choice of a smear from the usual media rabble tbh.

[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 19:24]

if she becomes leader they can't risk another 2017. they need to get the smears in nice and early to see what works and what doesn't. there are literally no consequences for writing almost anything anymore so it's just a process of elimination.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 20:43 - Jan 23 with 611 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 20:40 - Jan 23 by Jigsore

if she becomes leader they can't risk another 2017. they need to get the smears in nice and early to see what works and what doesn't. there are literally no consequences for writing almost anything anymore so it's just a process of elimination.

Can’t have a repeat of 2019 either.

10 million votes was more than the last Labour government got.
Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 21:37 - Jan 23 with 542 viewsCamberleyR

Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 20:43 - Jan 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Can’t have a repeat of 2019 either.

10 million votes was more than the last Labour government got.

A slight difference in the turnouts though. 4.7 million more people voted in the 2019 election Baz than 2005 which was pretty much the difference in the Conservative vote in the two elections.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 22:33 - Jan 23 with 497 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Emily Thornberry interview on Andrew Neil earlier. on 21:37 - Jan 23 by CamberleyR

A slight difference in the turnouts though. 4.7 million more people voted in the 2019 election Baz than 2005 which was pretty much the difference in the Conservative vote in the two elections.

Of course, but take the Brexit Party (didn’t exist) and SNP (six seats) vote away and you’ve got decent percentage.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024