Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The School End Dot Matrix scoreboard 16:44 - Mar 5 with 3783 viewsslmrstid

Right...bear with me...in the spirit of 21st century social media #ThrowbackThursday and all that here's a Loftus Road throwback for you....

What memories do you have of the old dot matrix scoreboard down at the School End? When it was the only score board of any sort in the ground, and in the days before the big screen (on a separate note, whoever designed that big screen and got it on top of the School End without the whole stand falling down deserves a Nobel Prize of some sort I reckon).

If I remember right, when the new fancy thing was installed at the Loft End the old dot matrix board still stood at the School End for a while before it too was replaced by a new fancy one.

I used to like the way little dancy men appeared on it in the early/mid90s when we scored goals.

Feels the old dot matrix scoreboards are very much a thing of the past, but seeing them always takes me back to what felt like simpler times.

Also I'm sure it had several bulbs blown toward the end of its life so when text was running across the screen letters would momentarily disappear.

Ah fine times...

(Judging by the image address, I think this is one of Juzzie's pictures...fine image sir...although I don't quite seem to be able to get it to work properly!)
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 16:46]
The School End Dot Matrix scoreboard on 10:50 - Mar 6 with 749 viewsdaveB

The old scoreboard is one of my first memories of QPR, it looked so futuristic at the time. I went to game early 80's for my Birthday and my name appeared on the scoreboard to say happy birthday, life didn't get much better than that.
The School End Dot Matrix scoreboard on 12:39 - Mar 6 with 677 viewsCheshireR

The School End Dot Matrix scoreboard on 19:36 - Mar 5 by smegma

My memory of the original dot matrix at the school end was when Gary Chivers broke about 4 light bulbs with a shot.

Gary Chivers or was it Mike Fillery?
The School End Dot Matrix scoreboard on 15:37 - Mar 6 with 614 viewsmarky67

i may be wrong but did`nt we used to have chelsea`s old scoreboard before either the school end or loftus rd end was re-developed?
The School End Dot Matrix scoreboard on 15:50 - Mar 6 with 601 viewsstowmarketrange

The School End Dot Matrix scoreboard on 10:50 - Mar 6 by daveB

The old scoreboard is one of my first memories of QPR, it looked so futuristic at the time. I went to game early 80's for my Birthday and my name appeared on the scoreboard to say happy birthday, life didn't get much better than that.

Shouldn’t you be used to birthday messages when you’re in your early 80’s?You need to calm down a bit at your age.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024