Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Who Is.... 00:23 - Mar 30 with 2609 viewsBoston

….still heading out to work in the morning?
I am. I've a number of different though related interests and one of them means we're out every day( with State approval). Mrs Boston is a little queezy about this though and has asked that I use sanitizer before and after entering buildings. I've agreed, but between you and me, it tastes disgusting.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

So Who Is.... on 08:57 - Mar 31 with 463 viewsJeff

IT Manager for a large law firm that up until a month ago was very against remote working as a general practice.

we've had to pivot 180 degrees and get 350 staff working remotely where previously there was probably only 10 at a time.

i've been working 80 hour weeks 6 or 7 days a week to get our remote platform anywhere near usable.

there are an awful lot of similar sized companies to mine who are having to make rapid wholesale changes to both culture and infrastructure at the moment, there's a lot of IT staff in the same boat as me...

safe to say that i'm not working from home anytime in the near future!

Can we not knock it?

So Who Is.... on 11:36 - Mar 31 with 364 viewsderbyhoop

So Who Is.... on 08:57 - Mar 31 by Jeff

IT Manager for a large law firm that up until a month ago was very against remote working as a general practice.

we've had to pivot 180 degrees and get 350 staff working remotely where previously there was probably only 10 at a time.

i've been working 80 hour weeks 6 or 7 days a week to get our remote platform anywhere near usable.

there are an awful lot of similar sized companies to mine who are having to make rapid wholesale changes to both culture and infrastructure at the moment, there's a lot of IT staff in the same boat as me...

As you know, the IT capability has been in place for a long time, but not on the scale now required.
The hardest part, IMHO, is the cultural changes required. Management often find it hard to accept that people are working when they cannot see them.

When you hear of the Govt conducting cabinet meetings and daily press briefings via Zoom, it must make people think that this could be the working life of the future.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

So Who Is.... on 11:55 - Mar 31 with 341 viewsdaveB

I'm stuck working at home for the foreseeable future which is a pain but realise I am lucky I can do this as so many are going to be out of work until this is over
So Who Is.... on 11:56 - Mar 31 with 339 viewsTacticalR

So Who Is.... on 08:57 - Mar 31 by Jeff

Where I work most people were already working from home one day a week so the infrastructure was already in place to an extent.

On a technical note, we started off with GlobalProtect VPN which always worked ok, then switched to Forticlient VPN and VMWare Virtual Desktop. I am very suspicious of Forticlient because it has an aggressive virus checker that removed some files from my home PC, so I am using VMWare Virtual Desktop.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024