Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1982 Cup Final Replay - Stainrod 13:22 - May 23 with 1902 viewsNorthantsHoop

Watched the 82 Cup Final replay on BT Sport this morning. As I was at both games good to see the highlights again and how unlucky we were in the replay. Brought back memories of how good Simon Stainrod was in those days. Stand out performances from Stainrod, Waddock, Mickelwhite and Hucker. Shame Clive Allen got injured in the first game, if he had been fit to play may have been a different story.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 11:22]
1982 Cup Final Replay - Stainrod on 13:40 - May 23 with 1847 viewsjohann28

Yeah agree and missing Roeder was also a cruel blow. It was one of those days though I felt so proud of my team, and win lose or draw didn't want to be with anyone else ever ever. Sobs.
1982 Cup Final Replay - Stainrod on 14:47 - May 23 with 1767 viewsthompsonridd

Amazing performance 2nd half, how did we lose that.

I couldn't get tickets for the replay. Saw first game as a 16 year old in the Spurs end in my Rangers kit!!!! 😂 😂
1982 Cup Final Replay - Stainrod on 16:22 - May 23 with 1721 viewsterryb

We were certainly the better team in the replay, but Tottenham should have won the first game ny a wide margin.

Hucker & Waddock were superb in both games, but that was it on the Saturday.

I can still picture that exquisite lobbed chip by Gregory that hit the underside of the bar in the replay. What a goal that would have been!
1982 Cup Final Replay - Stainrod on 11:59 - May 25 with 1426 viewsthemodfather

the ball mentioned from Gregory was cleared off the line by? that defensive genius, solid rock....hoddle! the moment I go back too in the replay was we had a shout for a penalty and the linesman flagged iit, ref let play go on, the linesman kept his flag across his chest, indicating a penalty, ref continued to ignore him,,,,,happy days
1982 Cup Final Replay - Stainrod on 12:07 - May 25 with 1405 viewsSt_Pollock

We were phenomenal in the replay. Absolutely phenomenal.

With no fear of being accused of hyperbole, although it wouldn't have been the biggest upset in a FA Cup Final it would have, in my opinion, been the best winning performance by a 2nd division side at that stage ever.

I sometimes think that the revelations about the corrupt referee have allowed us to forget how brilliant we were that day.
1982 Cup Final Replay - Stainrod on 15:38 - May 25 with 1261 viewsrbsranger

I re-watched this a little while back and one thing that struck me was how unfairly we had a goal disallowed before half-time for a non-existent offside.
And then the second half performance including the brilliant Gregory chip...
I remember the game away at Luton two weeks previously that Glenn Roeder was sent off meaning he would miss the replay.... what an awful cesspool Kenilworth Rd was... always hated Luton after that
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024