Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a pity 09:23 - May 22 with 5678 viewskingo

Our good friend Peter Gilham on behalf of Brentford, threw his support behind SWF and congratulated them on keeping QPR out of Hounslow, only for us to announce the new training ground is at Heston, in guess where? Love it.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

What a pity on 10:12 - May 22 with 3935 viewspaulhoop2

Gilham is a complete Knob

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

What a pity on 11:29 - May 22 with 3818 viewsStanisgod

Will die a sad and lonely man.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

What a pity on 11:57 - May 22 with 3764 viewskingo

What a pity on 11:29 - May 22 by Stanisgod

With the knowledge that QPR have provided International players, been to Wembley, played in Europe and been in the top divisions for a big part of his life

What a pity on 12:08 - May 22 with 3741 viewsstowmarketrange

What a pity on 11:57 - May 22 by kingo

With the knowledge that QPR have provided International players, been to Wembley, played in Europe and been in the top divisions for a big part of his life

I know they’ve been to Wembley at least twice.Once in the freight rover trophy against Wigan and lost.Also the league one playoff final against Yeovil and lost that too.
You’re right about the other things though.
What a pity on 12:38 - May 22 with 3680 viewsslmrstid

Whilst we can all chuckle and joke about our football rivals sometimes, I don't get how people can let it become an all consuming part of their life.

There really is more to life than just football, and that's not just a Covid related soundbite, even before all of this, there really is more to life than 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

How sad...
What a pity on 12:43 - May 22 with 3660 viewsTacticalR

What a pity on 12:38 - May 22 by slmrstid

Whilst we can all chuckle and joke about our football rivals sometimes, I don't get how people can let it become an all consuming part of their life.

There really is more to life than just football, and that's not just a Covid related soundbite, even before all of this, there really is more to life than 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

How sad...

I am not sure if there is anything more important than football, but I am sure there are more important things than Brentford.

Air hostess clique

What a pity on 12:44 - May 22 with 3655 viewsNorthernr

How sad...

although as it turns out, all the rest of it is pretty dull.
What a pity on 15:01 - May 22 with 3462 viewsfrancisbowles

How sad...

Try telling Mr Gilham.
Login to get fewer ads

What a pity on 15:09 - May 22 with 3440 viewskensalriser

Does anyone really give a crap about other clubs? I've always regarded the hatred for other clubs as all a bit pantomime. I mean, sure, I always like to see Chelsea lose and ManYoo's fall from grace has been quite entertaining. But in the end I would still much have preferred not to lose that game at Man City.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

What a pity on 15:10 - May 22 with 3437 viewsqpr_1968

got a good song for Gilham next time we play Brentford.

very similar to what millwall sing about Holloway.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

What a pity on 15:21 - May 22 with 3402 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What a pity on 15:09 - May 22 by kensalriser

Does anyone really give a crap about other clubs? I've always regarded the hatred for other clubs as all a bit pantomime. I mean, sure, I always like to see Chelsea lose and ManYoo's fall from grace has been quite entertaining. But in the end I would still much have preferred not to lose that game at Man City.

I agree, kensal.

There are clubs I love to see fail but it's always because of other factors:-

Chelsea - racists
Franchise - clubkillers
Millwall - racists, violent
Luton - violent
Glasgow Rangers and Celtic - sectarian

But if a club isn't racist, violent or Franchise FC then when they beat us I don't think about them. I think about us, and how we can improve.

That lad is a sad case, no more and no less. But Brentford don't register with me because they're not any of the above, and we have no real history with them.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What a pity on 15:39 - May 22 with 3371 viewsflynnbo

General Melchett said the following about Brentford:
“I’ve come to regard you as a sort of son. not a favourite son, obviously; more an illegitimate backstairs kind of sprog, who nobody really likes’
Local rivals on 16:05 - May 22 with 3324 viewsRunner14

What a pity on 15:21 - May 22 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree, kensal.

Chelsea - racists
Franchise - clubkillers
Luton - violent

But if a club isn't racist, violent or Franchise FC then when they beat us I don't think about them. I think about us, and how we can improve.

That lad is a sad case, no more and no less. But Brentford don't register with me because they're not any of the above, and we have no real history with them.

I think it all depends on your generation. If you supported the Rangers in the 50's & 60's Brentford were the enemy...no doubt about that & then we kind of forgot about 'em for 45 years . Now they're back with a much better team than us ...bastards!
What a Pity! on 16:16 - May 22 with 3281 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Local rivals on 16:05 - May 22 by Runner14

I think it all depends on your generation. If you supported the Rangers in the 50's & 60's Brentford were the enemy...no doubt about that & then we kind of forgot about 'em for 45 years . Now they're back with a much better team than us ...bastards!

Well I'm 49 and I don't think they're bastards.

Now, Chelsea.....

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What a pity on 17:08 - May 22 with 3212 viewsParkRoyalR

What a pity on 15:21 - May 22 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree, kensal.

Chelsea - racists
Franchise - clubkillers
Luton - violent

Fairly sure my 1st ever away game was at Kenilworth Road and kick-off was delayed due to trouble started by Rangers fans. Think that particular rivalry was instigated by us in the late 70's / early 80's era and there's a reason that type of rivalry is with us rather than say Fulham or Brentford.
What a pity on 17:10 - May 22 with 3206 viewskingo

To be honest, it is not about hating Brentford. It is to do with Gilham’s hatred of us, and his constant petty posts and actions, that have left him with egg on his face. As they say, he who laughs last, laughs loudest.

What a pity on 18:12 - May 22 with 3116 viewsdavman

What a pity on 15:39 - May 22 by flynnbo

General Melchett said the following about Brentford:
“I’ve come to regard you as a sort of son. not a favourite son, obviously; more an illegitimate backstairs kind of sprog, who nobody really likes’

... and let's not forget Arnold Rimmer, who said "over the years I've known you, I've come to regard you as people I've met"...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

What a pity on 20:28 - May 22 with 2990 viewsDorse

Every time I hear about this guy, I just imagine him sitting alone in the corner of a flat-roofed pub during the day, muttering angrily whilst clutching a half of mild.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

What a pity on 21:56 - May 22 with 2922 viewsqprxtc

I quite like that he’s so anti Rangers. I like Brentford, I can’t dislike them at all even tough they don’t like us. Love the pubs there and it’s funny to get up Gilham and short, small, little, tiny Dave Lanes hooters.

These past 55 years must have been absolute torture for Gilham, so he can have his few moments.

It’s weird that when WW2 broke out Brentford were in Division One and doing very nicely. Now they’re doing quite nicely and another worldwide disaster has occurred. Gotta larf incha.
What a pity on 22:37 - May 22 with 2869 viewssmegma

What a pity on 11:29 - May 22 by Stanisgod

He's a sad and lonely man while alive
What a pity on 23:18 - May 22 with 2806 viewsstowmarketrange

What a pity on 21:56 - May 22 by qprxtc

I quite like that he’s so anti Rangers. I like Brentford, I can’t dislike them at all even tough they don’t like us. Love the pubs there and it’s funny to get up Gilham and short, small, little, tiny Dave Lanes hooters.

These past 55 years must have been absolute torture for Gilham, so he can have his few moments.

It’s weird that when WW2 broke out Brentford were in Division One and doing very nicely. Now they’re doing quite nicely and another worldwide disaster has occurred. Gotta larf incha.

I worked with a bloke that always blamed Hitler for Brentford’s demise.He used to bore me to tears with his crap about the bees.Lucky I haven’t seen him for 16 years because he’d be even worse now they’re better than us.
What a pity on 23:45 - May 22 with 2776 viewsCiderwithRsie

What a pity on 23:18 - May 22 by stowmarketrange

I worked with a bloke that always blamed Hitler for Brentford’s demise.He used to bore me to tears with his crap about the bees.Lucky I haven’t seen him for 16 years because he’d be even worse now they’re better than us.

Blimey, there's a thread about whether or not we are obsessed with being cursed, thinking that Hitler invaded Poland to screw Brentford is taking it to a whole new level.
What a pity on 00:23 - May 23 with 2748 viewsdistortR

What a pity on 23:45 - May 22 by CiderwithRsie

Blimey, there's a thread about whether or not we are obsessed with being cursed, thinking that Hitler invaded Poland to screw Brentford is taking it to a whole new level.

Who knew, eh?

My wife was doing some care work for an upper class woman recently, a real character, she described hitler as a 'frightful nuisance'.
What a pity on 00:44 - May 23 with 2727 viewstimcocking

Indeed.
What a pity on 12:07 - May 23 with 2631 viewsSonofNorfolt

Many of us would watch Brentford now and then when Rangers weren't playing.
I checked on the big games I went to.

Freight Rover Final '85 v Wigan @Wembley
Football League Trophy '91 v Birmingham @Griffin Park
Play Off Sf '91 v Tranmere @Prenton Park
Relegation Match '93 v Bristol City @Ashton Gate
Play Off Final '97 v Crewe @Wembley (Danny Murphy ran the match)
Play Off Final '02 v Stoke @Millenium

Do you know what? They lost the lot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024