Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Dominic Cummins resign? 16:07 - May 24 with 21200 views1949er

Should Dominic Cummins resign?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:37 - May 25 with 1905 views49thseason

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:17 - May 25 by smaclad1

When was this London funeral?

Kinnock Junior went to his dads birthday party

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-stephen-kinnock-labou
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:44 - May 25 with 1892 viewsJames1980

TWO 'WRONGS DON'T MAKE A ' RIGHT'

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:53 - May 25 with 1881 viewsEllGazzell

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:37 - May 25 by 49thseason

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-stephen-kinnock-labou

So he wants binning off as well then!

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:59 - May 25 with 1871 viewsBartRowou

Instead of doing his speech later on, he should just do the press briefing and cut out the middle man.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 17:25 - May 25 with 1761 viewsblackdogblue

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 13:59 - May 25 by TVOS1907

Do the jobs of those two bikers involve coming up with rules for the rest of the country to obey?

What’s that question literally got to do with the price of fish? 😀

If they were Doctors do they operate a different legal system than the rest of the country?

I used to work for a Government organisation, what is what you do for a living got to do with anything. Besides, if I wrote the law, I am damn sure I would know if I was breaking it or not...

Cue a Judas Priest link coming..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 17:38 - May 25 with 1739 viewsTVOS1907

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 17:25 - May 25 by blackdogblue

What’s that question literally got to do with the price of fish? 😀

If they were Doctors do they operate a different legal system than the rest of the country?

I used to work for a Government organisation, what is what you do for a living got to do with anything. Besides, if I wrote the law, I am damn sure I would know if I was breaking it or not...

Cue a Judas Priest link coming..

Your post makes no sense and I haven't got the foggiest what the last bit means.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 17:44]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 17:57 - May 25 with 1706 viewsblackdogblue

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 17:38 - May 25 by TVOS1907

Your post makes no sense and I haven't got the foggiest what the last bit means.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 17:44]

Your op implied the government makes the rules, they should know if they are breaking them or not unless I didn’t understand properly?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:03 - May 25 with 1699 viewssmaclad1

I didn't ask about him.
Login to get fewer ads

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:11 - May 25 with 1676 viewsTVOS1907

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 17:57 - May 25 by blackdogblue

Your op implied the government makes the rules, they should know if they are breaking them or not unless I didn’t understand properly?

That's correct, which seems to be a view shared by the majority of the populous.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:14 - May 25 with 1681 viewssmaclad1

In the article Stephen Kinnock is quoted as saying "I felt this was essential travel as I had to deliver some necessary supplies to my parents". Having re-read the article, I see no reference to a party, but it does reference the police being overzealous.

In light of Dominic Cummings explanation as to the interpretation of the covid restrictions, I think that Mr Kinnock must have fully weighed up all the circumstances, including the hardship that would have been caused to his parents if necessary supplies had not been delivered, and that his journey was indeed necessary and essential.
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 19:07 - May 25 with 1615 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:14 - May 25 by smaclad1

In the article Stephen Kinnock is quoted as saying "I felt this was essential travel as I had to deliver some necessary supplies to my parents". Having re-read the article, I see no reference to a party, but it does reference the police being overzealous.

In light of Dominic Cummings explanation as to the interpretation of the covid restrictions, I think that Mr Kinnock must have fully weighed up all the circumstances, including the hardship that would have been caused to his parents if necessary supplies had not been delivered, and that his journey was indeed necessary and essential.

I find Cummings an odious little turd, full of self importance and arrogance, and thinks he is untouchable, sadly though.....

Do any of us actually think Boris was treated in hospital like you or I would be? It’s insane to think that and akin to moaning that they have a nuclear bomb shelter and we don’t, that’s just not cricket.

Does anyone think for a second Churchill lived in a terraced 2 bedroom in the east end, street to the munitions factory, did he balls. The truth is as much as we can moan about it, Cummings is seen as a vital cog in this “War” I can understand him buggering off out of the way, as he was performing a role which is obviously considered vital, could he do his job and look after a sick child and wife, maybe no, but he should have been totally honest, I can accept his reasons, but his response is crap, even after all the time and help he has had to think about it.

We are loyal old boxer remember, whilst they (regardless of party) act like napoleon with his face in the trough. It won’t ever change and kinnock being less important and having a plausible potential lie, maybe got him out of the crap.

All in it for themselves!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 19:29 - May 25 with 1587 viewswimborne_dale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 13:22 - May 25 by ChaffRAFC

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings–nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And–which is more–you’ll be a Man, my son!

The government will be playing 4 4 f*****g 2

If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same,
You'll not be a man my son,
You'll be dead.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 19:41 - May 25 with 1569 viewswimborne_dale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:17 - May 25 by smaclad1

When was this London funeral?

Wednesday 1st April according to a report in the Evening Standard. Only it wasn't London it was somewhere in the Brum area. My mistake, didn't see why a London local paper would report that.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 19:56 - May 25 with 1547 viewsJames1980

I don't think he has done a very good job advising the government on this crisis, or death rate per head of population is shameful even factoring in density, proportion of older people compared to other countries and overall health.

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 12:17 - May 26 with 1373 views49thseason

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:14 - May 25 by smaclad1

It must be a real hardship for the elder Kinnocks having to live on £185,000 worth of 6 state pensions every year. I doubt that their MP son, ( £80k a year and his £200k of expenses in 20018 19) could manage to organise a Sainsbury or heaven forefend a Tesco delivery for his impoverished parents and really did need to nip up to their house just in time for his Dads birthday to make sure they were OK. Or perhaps he could have just sent a Fortnums Hamper and a case of Moet like normal wealthy folks do. My heart bleeds for them .
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 12:19 - May 26 with 1370 views1949er

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 16:22 - May 24 by foreverhopefulDale

If he doesn’t resign, he should be sacked, on the basis of Gross Misconduct, which his actions surely must have been, he being part of drawing up Government policies and then unnecessarily breaking those same policies.

Having watched Cummins interview, i realise why he had to travel 250 miles to get to a friend.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 12:33 - May 26 with 1339 viewsJames1980

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 12:17 - May 26 by 49thseason

It must be a real hardship for the elder Kinnocks having to live on £185,000 worth of 6 state pensions every year. I doubt that their MP son, ( £80k a year and his £200k of expenses in 20018 19) could manage to organise a Sainsbury or heaven forefend a Tesco delivery for his impoverished parents and really did need to nip up to their house just in time for his Dads birthday to make sure they were OK. Or perhaps he could have just sent a Fortnums Hamper and a case of Moet like normal wealthy folks do. My heart bleeds for them .

Both were in the wrong, some can see beyond which party they represent.

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 12:38 - May 26 with 1329 viewsAtThePeake

Not a Kinnock fan by any stretch of the imagination and definitely think he was in the wrong in visiting his parents - but did you attempt to get a Sainsbury's or Tesco delivery in March? Nigh-on impossible.

Tangled up in blue.

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 12:59 - May 26 with 1293 viewsNorthernDale

I feel that Dominic Cummings was foolish in driving up to Durham, but so as many other people this pandemic and I find the hypocrisy of Labour is outstanding in that according to reports four of them have broken the rules, including if it is true, the Welsh government health minister. If one resigns then others should also resign, you cannot have double standards because of your party they represent.

Now there are rumours on Twiiter that Ian Blackford, the SNP leader at Westminster and who as been critical of Cummings, may have also broken the lockdown rules.

I wish I could say that I am shocked by the hypocrisy of politicians from all parties.

I must admit that I shocked that Stephen Kinnock claimed £200,000 in expenses, what for?
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 13:00 - May 26 with 1289 viewsBigDaveMyCock

You don’t like Kinnock, we get it. I’m not keen myself either to be honest. However, I will not let my dislike or the actions of somebody else distract me from the question of did Dominic Cummings breach the very rules he himself helped to create and, furthermore, expected us to adhere to? You don’t seem to want to answer this question as I suspect you don’t like the answer. Given this, you’re instead trying to deflect the attention on to somebody else. Notice how Dom himself didn’t say yeah but what about Stephen Kinnock! That’s because it would have been a very silly thing to do. It’s a bit silly isn’t it?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 13:21 - May 26 with 1254 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I notice that you’ve not responded to smac’a point either that there is absolutely no mention of a birthday party in this article.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 13:21]

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 13:23 - May 26 with 1250 viewswimborne_dale

In the light of DC's explanation yesterday, I would probably have done the same myself, as it would be easier to contain any virus you may have at an annex on a farm rather than in a crowded city with the baying mob.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 13:35 - May 26 with 1224 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 13:23 - May 26 by wimborne_dale

In the light of DC's explanation yesterday, I would probably have done the same myself, as it would be easier to contain any virus you may have at an annex on a farm rather than in a crowded city with the baying mob.

Whether you’re in a house in a crowded city or on a farm’s estate, it doesn’t matter, you isolate within those four walls. He seems to have only felt the need to move for security reasons during that period and no other. The rules he helped create were ‘stay at home’.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 13:50]

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 13:36 - May 26 with 1225 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 13:00 - May 26 by BigDaveMyCock

You don’t like Kinnock, we get it. I’m not keen myself either to be honest. However, I will not let my dislike or the actions of somebody else distract me from the question of did Dominic Cummings breach the very rules he himself helped to create and, furthermore, expected us to adhere to? You don’t seem to want to answer this question as I suspect you don’t like the answer. Given this, you’re instead trying to deflect the attention on to somebody else. Notice how Dom himself didn’t say yeah but what about Stephen Kinnock! That’s because it would have been a very silly thing to do. It’s a bit silly isn’t it?

Absolutely right. Kinnock was wrong, however unlike Cummings he wasn’t involved in fronting up government advice and writing up the laws. Social services would have helped out the family if required if they had done the right thing and had stayed at home. Also there are still taxis in London and ambulances, as well as other health services.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 13:47 - May 26 with 1212 viewstony_roch975

we may all have done as Mr Cummings - make a balanced judgement on the risk/reward of our options for limiting infection, ensuring care for a child, following Govt. advice etc; indeed many may feel, as I do, that had that been the Govt. advice it would have been more helpful then and even more in encouraging our subsequent, more subtle judgements over easing the lock-down. But it wasn't! Govt's advice repeated again and again by Ministers and scientists was clearly to isolate in your home if you have symptoms and Mr Cummings is the chief architect of that advice which he rejected. No amount of 'but so and so did the same' will alter that and for that incompetence, arrogance, and disdain Cummings and/or Johnson should resign - real leaders would do.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024