Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Dominic Cummins resign? 16:07 - May 24 with 21201 views1949er

Should Dominic Cummins resign?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:51 - May 26 with 1753 viewsD_Alien

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:48 - May 26 by isitme

If they had only delayed closing the motorway for an hour it would have been helpful and probably had no impact on the roadworks. Sometimes a little common sense goes a long way!

Or a lack of it makes others go a long way...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 19:00 - May 26 with 1732 viewsAtThePeake

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:35 - May 26 by wimborne_dale

Dropping off essentials?
Stephen Kinnock is MP for Aberavon,
I don't know if he lives in the constituency but that is over 150 miles from London.

Yes, 49th season suggested he should have got a delivery from Sainsbury's or the likes instead given that he said he was dropping off essentials. I said that hasn't been possible for everybody. Again - I'm not defending Kinnock.

Tangled up in blue.

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 19:51 - May 26 with 1680 viewsBartRowou

Point of Order on the Kinnock thing:

The visit to his parents happened before the anointment of Starmer.

Can a boss retrospectively sack someone they weren't boss of at the time of the crime?

Just interested in the legalities.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 19:57 - May 26 with 1660 viewsNigeriamark

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 19:51 - May 26 by BartRowou

Can a boss retrospectively sack someone they weren't boss of at the time of the crime?

In most jobs yes you can, because it's the offence you committed that matters, not who was your boss either at the time it was committed or the later time when a decision is to be made on the punishment
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 20:04 - May 26 with 1647 views442Dale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 19:57 - May 26 by Nigeriamark

In most jobs yes you can, because it's the offence you committed that matters, not who was your boss either at the time it was committed or the later time when a decision is to be made on the punishment

But what if he likes castles?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 20:04 - May 26 with 1647 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 19:51 - May 26 by BartRowou

The only people who can sack Kinnock are the electorate of the constituency he represents, as I don’t believe he has a position on his Party’s shadow team. Cummings on the other hand can be sacked by Boris Johnson, and should be for breaking lockdown laws and rules , unnecessarily.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 07:46 - May 27 with 1539 viewssmaclad1

Just curious, but how far apart do Mr Kinnock snr and Mr Kinnock jr live? I can't see it in any of the news reports.
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 11:25 - May 27 with 1456 viewsDaleiLama

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, as haven't had time to trawl through all threads, but when Dummings tooled up at the annexe (after a journey with no p1ss-stops presumably) what was plan B if both parents were to go into ICU and little Johnny was on his tod (with Covid)? Erm, I know you are in the "self-isolating" age groups grandma and grandad, but would you mind just poking some toast and small tetrapaks of juice through the letter box 3 times a day to keep Johnnny going?

The eye-test claim holds some validity on this basis ……… both of them were very short-sighted if that was their best strategy.

Edit: some crackers on this thread

[Post edited 27 May 2020 11:27]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 11:51 - May 27 with 1428 viewsD_Alien

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 11:25 - May 27 by DaleiLama

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, as haven't had time to trawl through all threads, but when Dummings tooled up at the annexe (after a journey with no p1ss-stops presumably) what was plan B if both parents were to go into ICU and little Johnny was on his tod (with Covid)? Erm, I know you are in the "self-isolating" age groups grandma and grandad, but would you mind just poking some toast and small tetrapaks of juice through the letter box 3 times a day to keep Johnnny going?

The eye-test claim holds some validity on this basis ……… both of them were very short-sighted if that was their best strategy.

Edit: some crackers on this thread

[Post edited 27 May 2020 11:27]

Sorry DL, but more accurately, it was his sister and two nieces (in the least vulnerable age group) who'd offered to look after his son

That in no way excuses the trip or subsequent Should'veGoneToSpecsavers

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 12:05 - May 27 with 1412 viewsDaleiLama

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 11:51 - May 27 by D_Alien

Sorry DL, but more accurately, it was his sister and two nieces (in the least vulnerable age group) who'd offered to look after his son

That in no way excuses the trip or subsequent Should'veGoneToSpecsavers

Ah - nay bother - I stand corrected. Not stopped grafting all weekend and not really been keeping as up to date as I should. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!?

As for his personal defence (and the PM standing by him) - smacks of hubris, condescension and arrogance (as has been pointed out by anyone who doesn't have their head in the sand).

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 12:09 - May 27 with 1397 viewsD_Alien

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 12:05 - May 27 by DaleiLama

Ah - nay bother - I stand corrected. Not stopped grafting all weekend and not really been keeping as up to date as I should. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!?

As for his personal defence (and the PM standing by him) - smacks of hubris, condescension and arrogance (as has been pointed out by anyone who doesn't have their head in the sand).

Absolutely to your second point, and regarding your first, i knew you'd appreciate the specifics of his attempt to justify breaking the rules

Keep grafting, your country needs you!

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 17:27 - May 27 with 1296 viewswimborne_dale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 20:04 - May 26 by foreverhopefulDale

The only people who can sack Kinnock are the electorate of the constituency he represents, as I don’t believe he has a position on his Party’s shadow team. Cummings on the other hand can be sacked by Boris Johnson, and should be for breaking lockdown laws and rules , unnecessarily.

According to the Labour web site, he's
Shadow minister for Asia and the Pacific.

I hope Asia and the Pacific appreciate his efforts.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 17:52 - May 27 with 1275 viewsboromat

https://www.brewdog.com/uk/barnard-castle-eye-test

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:23 - May 27 with 1254 viewssmaclad1

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 17:27 - May 27 by wimborne_dale

Hopelessly misguided political attack.

I personally hope that Asia and the Pacific appreciate the efforts of Heather Wheeler, the Conservative MP for South Derbyshire who is the Minister for Asia and the Pacific who will be a far bigger cost to the taxpayer than Mr Kinnock. The Labour Party don't get to choose Ministerial roles - that is a role of the Government of the day.

Ooooh, she's got a foul mouth on her https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/12/mp-caught-saying-oh-fing-hell-when-zoom-call-comm
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:35 - May 27 with 1235 viewswimborne_dale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:23 - May 27 by smaclad1

Hopelessly misguided political attack.

I personally hope that Asia and the Pacific appreciate the efforts of Heather Wheeler, the Conservative MP for South Derbyshire who is the Minister for Asia and the Pacific who will be a far bigger cost to the taxpayer than Mr Kinnock. The Labour Party don't get to choose Ministerial roles - that is a role of the Government of the day.

Ooooh, she's got a foul mouth on her https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/12/mp-caught-saying-oh-fing-hell-when-zoom-call-comm

Attack?

The problem with message boards is there's no tone of voice so you miss the intended light heartedness

Relax! I won't be giving up the day job.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:39 - May 27 with 1231 viewsrochdaleriddler

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 13:49 - May 26 by 49thseason

No it wasnt, I got deliveries from Tesco, Morrisons and occasionally Iceland. And haven't set foot inside a supermarket since the end of January.

I still haven’t managed to secure online deliveries, I check a few times a week. Are you on the govt vulnerable list?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:43 - May 27 with 1217 viewssmaclad1

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:35 - May 27 by wimborne_dale

Attack?

The problem with message boards is there's no tone of voice so you miss the intended light heartedness

Apologies for misinterpreting your finely nuanced post.

Or in Heather Wheeler speak "Fook me, I've dropped one there".
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:43 - May 27 with 1216 viewsrochdaleriddler

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:43 - May 26 by 442Dale

Remember that night. Also a similar issue coming back from York one Tuesday night.

I remember that, my sat nav sent me into a field

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:44 - May 27 with 1216 viewsMass_Debater

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:35 - May 27 by wimborne_dale

Attack?

Another problem with messageboards is that it's too easy to turn round and say "I was only joking, guv".
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:45 - May 27 with 1215 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 17:27 - May 27 by wimborne_dale

Ok, fair enough, perhaps you may want to address your complaint to the Labour leader to ask him to sack Kinnock, if you are that bothered, and get a petition going in his constituency asking for a recall of him, good luck with that one.

Cummings won’t resign. I find myself in agreement with 40 odd Tory MPs and thousands of Tory members, that Cummings should go. He has muddled the government’s message, to the extent that the police have said its made their job harder on lockdown measures and guidance.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 18:56]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 21:47 - May 27 with 1132 viewswimborne_dale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:44 - May 27 by Mass_Debater

Another problem with messageboards is that it's too easy to turn round and say "I was only joking, guv".

Aww, you're too forgiving!

Edgar Allan's Crow

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 00:35 - May 28 with 1081 views49thseason

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:39 - May 27 by rochdaleriddler

I still haven’t managed to secure online deliveries, I check a few times a week. Are you on the govt vulnerable list?

Nope just booked a Morrisons order for June 6th, no hassle whatsoever.
Top tip, some sites have a calendar that goes 2-3 weeks into the future.
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 07:33 - May 28 with 1024 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 00:35 - May 28 by 49thseason

Nope just booked a Morrisons order for June 6th, no hassle whatsoever.
Top tip, some sites have a calendar that goes 2-3 weeks into the future.

Save of course for the hassle of having to wait 10 days for your delivery.
A lot of people can’t wait that long, let alone 2-3 weeks.
My brother is a paramedic, he started showing symptoms on Sunday and got his positive result yesterday. He, his wife and daughter have been in strict isolation since Sunday. There’s no way they would be able to wait 10 days for supplies. I’m doing their shopping.
I still note that you’ve not offered your opinion re Cummings. Instead you’ve done nothing but deflect attention away from it.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 08:00 - May 28 with 1009 viewsTalkingSutty

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 07:33 - May 28 by BigDaveMyCock

Save of course for the hassle of having to wait 10 days for your delivery.
A lot of people can’t wait that long, let alone 2-3 weeks.
My brother is a paramedic, he started showing symptoms on Sunday and got his positive result yesterday. He, his wife and daughter have been in strict isolation since Sunday. There’s no way they would be able to wait 10 days for supplies. I’m doing their shopping.
I still note that you’ve not offered your opinion re Cummings. Instead you’ve done nothing but deflect attention away from it.

God, are you still harping on about Cummings? Having weighed everything up and the full circumstances he obviously bent or even broke the rules in some people’s eyes but he isn’t the only one to do that, he didn’t visit a Muslim funeral like the Labour MP. Both parents contracted COVID, an autistic 4 yr old child who obviously can’t just be left with anybody. He did right to get somewhere that could accommodate those circumstances when you look at what he has to contend with when it comes to the gutter press and media.

The real problem are the morons who are ignoring social distance, packing out beaches and holding parties every weekend...and there have been thousands of those in Greater Manchester alone. The press and the media are after their pound of flesh when it comes to Cummins, he masterminded the fantastic Conservative landslide victory at the recent General Election, even Labour voters jumped on board with that one. He was also very instrumental in seeing that the will of the people was followed through and helped to ensure that we exited the EU at the end of January. So yes people can point the finger at him and question his eyesight but let’s have it right, he’s done a fantastic job over the last 6 months or so.
[Post edited 28 May 2020 8:01]
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 08:19 - May 28 with 996 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 08:00 - May 28 by TalkingSutty

God, are you still harping on about Cummings? Having weighed everything up and the full circumstances he obviously bent or even broke the rules in some people’s eyes but he isn’t the only one to do that, he didn’t visit a Muslim funeral like the Labour MP. Both parents contracted COVID, an autistic 4 yr old child who obviously can’t just be left with anybody. He did right to get somewhere that could accommodate those circumstances when you look at what he has to contend with when it comes to the gutter press and media.

The real problem are the morons who are ignoring social distance, packing out beaches and holding parties every weekend...and there have been thousands of those in Greater Manchester alone. The press and the media are after their pound of flesh when it comes to Cummins, he masterminded the fantastic Conservative landslide victory at the recent General Election, even Labour voters jumped on board with that one. He was also very instrumental in seeing that the will of the people was followed through and helped to ensure that we exited the EU at the end of January. So yes people can point the finger at him and question his eyesight but let’s have it right, he’s done a fantastic job over the last 6 months or so.
[Post edited 28 May 2020 8:01]

Whether you like him or not isn’t the issue, it’s the fact that he broke the strict lockdown rules he himself helped formulate. The rules didn’t say you can weigh up the odds and make whatever decision you believe is right. The rules were stay at home. They also don’t say that if you’re a good electioneer then a different set of rules apply to you. Also, as somebody else mentioned on here, two wrongs don’t make a right. If a Labour MP or some beach goer from Greater Manchester break the rules then they should also be appropriately punished.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024