Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The First Team (New BBC Comedy) 21:07 - May 29 with 2108 viewsslmrstid

By the creators of The Inbetweeners - saw the first episode on BBC2 last night then watched the rest of it on iPlayer today.

Anyone watch it?

On the whole - although it is based on Premiership football - actually very little football. Typical Inbetweeners style with hands over your face type awkward humour, and some good laugh out loud bits... though on the whole probably not really that good but I still managed to get hooked. Football is a very hard thing to make a comedy out of as it just ends up a bit of a caricature of itself.

Anyway, QPR link - I believe Iain Morris is a QPR fan? Definite QPR nuggets in there anyway - there's one scene in the fifth episode where the team is in the dressing room and you can see where they have the players names on the top of each dressing room bench...included in the names are "Tarabt" and "Bankole". Not sure if the "Tarabt" is a deliberate misspelling by the producers!

There's one scene where they say goodbye to a long serving manager thats filmed at The Valley, and some outdoor bits at the Olympic Stadium.
The First Team (New BBC Comedy) on 22:35 - May 29 with 2013 viewsAntti_Heinola

Morris definitely an R, yes.

Bare bones.

The First Team (New BBC Comedy) on 09:19 - May 30 with 1840 viewsFrankRightguard

Watched the first episode last night. Hoping the second episode may illicit a smile, perhaps even a chuckle. If it’s anything like the first I won’t get my hopes up. Dreadful.
The First Team (New BBC Comedy) on 10:30 - May 30 with 1770 viewsLowerloftLad

Yeah the two main producers of the inbetweeners are big football fans Morris is the QPR fan the other is an arsenal fan

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

The First Team (New BBC Comedy) on 15:38 - May 30 with 1662 viewstheselector

And Henry Lloyd-Hughes, who played school bully Mark Donovan, is also Rangers.
The First Team (New BBC Comedy) on 14:38 - May 31 with 1512 viewstommyg01

Also in the credits they mention a thanks to, Lee Hoos, Greg Warner and everyone at QPR and Liverppol FC.
The First Team (New BBC Comedy) on 14:44 - May 31 with 1501 viewsGloucs_R

Watched the first one and wasn't impressed. Did it get better?

Poll: Are we staying up?

The First Team (New BBC Comedy) on 15:29 - May 31 with 1448 viewsslmrstid

The First Team (New BBC Comedy) on 14:44 - May 31 by Gloucs_R

Watched the first one and wasn't impressed. Did it get better?

Overall, no,but there are some funny bits in each episode.

Certainly not a classic and I'll be amazed if there is a series 2.
The First Team (New BBC Comedy) on 15:47 - May 31 with 1429 viewsmcqpr10

Didn't realise the QPR link but thought it was shockingly bad. Didn't even finish the first episode. Lots of lazy stereotypes.
Login to get fewer ads

The First Team (New BBC Comedy) on 17:27 - May 31 with 1357 viewsHayesender

Just struggled through two episodes. I won't be watching anymore

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024