Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sydney FC win A League final 12:14 - Aug 30 with 1439 viewsahoz

Not saying its why they won, but how refreshing to see a team when taking goal kicks, kick it long, not the nonsensical short pass to an adjacent player
Sydney FC win A League final on 12:31 - Aug 30 with 1405 viewsozexile

Rhyan Grant would be a good addition for us. Could move KaKay to CB then.
Sydney FC win A League final on 15:16 - Aug 30 with 1294 viewsSydneyRs

The A league is terrible. Washed up, over the hill overseas players (Adam Le Fondre, Adrian etc) come over and look like superstars. It was starting to improve a few years back but has gone backwards the last few seasons and literally nobody cares about it at the moment. League 2 standard at best. Viewing figures for a grand final between two teams with hardly any fans will be interesting.

Used to enjoy going to games but at the moment the comp is awful. They need to find a strategy to develop local talent because the TV money is going to dry up very soon if it doesn't improve. Most of the imports are mid 30s and weren't that good to begin with.

The only two teams with decent support and who can create an atmosphere (Melbourne Victory and Western Sydney Wanderers) have had bad seasons which doesn't help. Meanwhile they are adding new teams when the existing ones are largely rubbish.

Just waiting for 40 year old Wayne Rooney to turn up.
Sydney FC win A League final on 19:10 - Aug 31 with 1156 viewsstanistheman

Sydney FC win A League final on 15:16 - Aug 30 by SydneyRs

The A league is terrible. Washed up, over the hill overseas players (Adam Le Fondre, Adrian etc) come over and look like superstars. It was starting to improve a few years back but has gone backwards the last few seasons and literally nobody cares about it at the moment. League 2 standard at best. Viewing figures for a grand final between two teams with hardly any fans will be interesting.

Used to enjoy going to games but at the moment the comp is awful. They need to find a strategy to develop local talent because the TV money is going to dry up very soon if it doesn't improve. Most of the imports are mid 30s and weren't that good to begin with.

The only two teams with decent support and who can create an atmosphere (Melbourne Victory and Western Sydney Wanderers) have had bad seasons which doesn't help. Meanwhile they are adding new teams when the existing ones are largely rubbish.

Connor Washington would look good out there
Oteh could go there and maybe would find his level there too.
Sydney FC win A League final on 21:35 - Aug 31 with 1082 viewsMrSheen

Terry McFlynn. Two games for QPR, nine years at Sydney FC. Del Piero’s captain. The A League in a nutshell.
Sydney FC win A League final on 22:15 - Aug 31 with 1036 viewsGloucs_R

MLS is just as bad. Seems to have give backwards.

The A League seem to have too many teams in the same cities.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 7:51]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Sydney FC win A League final on 07:48 - Sep 1 with 987 viewsswitchingcode

A few years back I went to watch western Sydney play and was impressed with the support.Went with friends who live in Sydney and a whole group of fans who met up before at a pub and all marched to the ground singing the chanting.The ground was a Parramatta but just about half filled it the football was ok but what struck me was there wasn’t any diving or rolling about although it was very physical.Its a shame it hasn’t really taken off but OZ rules football seems to dominate .
Sydney FC win A League final on 08:17 - Sep 1 with 958 viewsozexile

Yes it is very physical. The final wasn't a bad game at all. There's still some real young talent hovering around in it. Max Burgess is one to look out for.
Sydney FC win A League final on 10:46 - Sep 1 with 885 viewsHooparoo

One of the reasons Football is starting to whither at the grass roots here is the exorbitant cost for juniors. My 6 year old loves watching the Rs with me when they’re on the box so I thought I’ll sign him up to play. Cost quoted was $490 for a 9 game season. For comparison, Aussie Rules is $85 which comes with a ball, a bag, an AFL club jersey and a life time membership to a club of your choice. Rugby League is $95 and comes with a bag, a ball, a Broncos jersey and an Official NRL book.

And we wonder in this country why there doesn’t seem to be any young Harry Kewells or Mark Vidukas coming through. I’m from a die hard football family as my dad was a fanatic but I’m afraid it looks like my lad will be playing AFL like every other boy he knows. The FFA are on drugs if they think they can charge 5 times more than every other code.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024