Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky’s red button 20:25 - Oct 20 with 4573 viewsNov77

Thought we’d be able to watch our game on it tomorrow, but Tonight’s championship games aren’t available on it so presume tomorrow’s won’t be either?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Sky’s red button on 16:39 - Oct 21 with 1149 viewsQPR_John

Sky’s red button on 15:42 - Oct 21 by PinnerPaul

Its actually a maximum of £250 now and won't be that much as Sky bound to nick a few more games and what's the difference to any other year where you pay 'up front'?

If you don't want to lend the club money like that in future, pay for each match with that nice 'booking fee' added to the cost of each ticket!

The point is not paying up front but that the games are not free for ST holders they have been paid for. But now I'm confused. The scheme seemed to be all ST holders would get to see 21 streamed home games plus 7 away games so 28 games with a refund at the end of the season of ST price less £280. With the Derby away game on Sky that was reduced to £270. Where does £250 come from. I've already purchased my ST and did not ask for a refund.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 16:45]
Sky’s red button on 17:38 - Oct 21 with 1088 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky’s red button on 16:39 - Oct 21 by QPR_John

The point is not paying up front but that the games are not free for ST holders they have been paid for. But now I'm confused. The scheme seemed to be all ST holders would get to see 21 streamed home games plus 7 away games so 28 games with a refund at the end of the season of ST price less £280. With the Derby away game on Sky that was reduced to £270. Where does £250 come from. I've already purchased my ST and did not ask for a refund.

Sorry John, you may be right I thought it was 26 games maximum, but it may be 28.

Of course, as I said I'm sure it will reduce further because Sky are bound to pick more live games involving us.

The much more remote possibility is that we get to attend, then the sums change again!

The point I was making to the person who asked was that you don't have to action a payment if you have a) kept your ST and b) activated your voucher.

You're right of course, these streams are in effect costing us money v the full refund option.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 18:10]
Sky’s red button on 17:45 - Oct 21 with 1084 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Thanks Paul.

The Box Office have actually come back to me impressively quickly.
He did say that I should not have paid for the Boro game and gave me someone to contact about it as well. I am hoping when I go on tonight it will all be ok now.
Sky’s red button on 17:54 - Oct 21 with 1075 viewsLythamR

Sky’s red button on 16:39 - Oct 21 by QPR_John

The way I read it ST Holders have committed to All streams regardless of whether they are on Sky or not, so it doesnt matter how many are selected by Sky or how many a ST Holder actually views, the cost is going to be £280 for the season assuming matches remain unattended
Sky’s red button on 18:03 - Oct 21 with 1067 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sky’s red button on 17:54 - Oct 21 by LythamR

The way I read it ST Holders have committed to All streams regardless of whether they are on Sky or not, so it doesnt matter how many are selected by Sky or how many a ST Holder actually views, the cost is going to be £280 for the season assuming matches remain unattended

This is how it was worded so it would suggest any additional Sky games will add to the credit

You also have the opportunity to access and stream all home games and midweek away games which are not selected to be broadcast on Sky. There is a ten pound charge for each streamed game which automatically will get deducted from your pro-rata credit at the end of the season. The pro-rata ticket credit is based on your seat value for each home game.
Sky’s red button on 18:04 - Oct 21 with 1067 viewsLythamR

It is now available to record on Sky on the sky football channel, miust have appeared in the last hour or so
Sky’s red button on 18:05 - Oct 21 with 1063 viewsericgen34

Sky’s red button on 11:56 - Oct 21 by daveB

you leave Andy Sinton alone, I quite like these 2 commentating although i don't think many agree

I like them too! a big part of my enjoyment of the games!
That's why I hate games that are not on QPR+
Sky’s red button on 18:15 - Oct 21 with 1043 viewsfrancisbowles

The season ticket covers ALL home and midweek away games.

If SKY select a game for their main channels then only NON season ticket holders can't access the stream.

It is only weekend away games selected by Sky, that the club will not have a stream available.
Login to get fewer ads

Sky’s red button on 18:26 - Oct 21 with 1025 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky’s red button on 18:15 - Oct 21 by francisbowles

If SKY select a game for their main channels then only NON season ticket holders can't access the stream.

It is only weekend away games selected by Sky, that the club will not have a stream available.

Re reading it, I think you're right AND John is also right the figure quoted by the club WAS 28 x £10 = £280.
Sky’s red button on 18:34 - Oct 21 with 1001 viewsQPR_John

Sky’s red button on 18:15 - Oct 21 by francisbowles

The club cannot stream any game that is selected by Sky whether midweek or weekend.

Form the official site

"Mark Warburton’s men travel to Pride Park on Wednesday 4th November with the game kicking off at 7.45pm. As a result of the game being selected by Sky Sports, the club will not be permitted to sell QPR+ streaming match passes for the game.
Sky’s red button on 18:37 - Oct 21 with 997 viewsfrancisbowles

Sky’s red button on 18:34 - Oct 21 by QPR_John

The club cannot stream any game that is selected by Sky whether midweek or weekend.

Form the official site

"Mark Warburton’s men travel to Pride Park on Wednesday 4th November with the game kicking off at 7.45pm. As a result of the game being selected by Sky Sports, the club will not be permitted to sell QPR+ streaming match passes for the game.

The operative word is SELL.

That means NON season ticket holders cannot buy access.
Sky’s red button on 18:37 - Oct 21 with 995 viewsQPR_John

Sky’s red button on 17:54 - Oct 21 by LythamR

ST holders are committed to the 27 games the club is allowed to stream. They cannot stream the away game at Derby hence cannot charge for it.
Sky’s red button on 18:41 - Oct 21 with 988 viewsQPR_John

Sky’s red button on 18:37 - Oct 21 by francisbowles

The operative word is SELL.

That means NON season ticket holders cannot buy access.

And the club will not charge ST holders for games they cannot stream.

From email from the club

"
Many thanks for your email. Yes you are correct, in that any games that get moved to Sky won’t be on the QPR Subscription so the price is adjusted accordingly. This will also apply if supporters are allowed back in prior to the end of the season."
Sky’s red button on 18:42 - Oct 21 with 987 viewsfrancisbowles

They can stream the game they just cannot sell it to NON season ticket holders.

If you remember back to the Coventry game, covered by Sky main channel moved from Saturday to Friday evening. Initially, the club said we could access it as they interpreted it as a non weekend match (midweek).

Then a few days before the game we were told we couldn't access it as it wasn't a midweek away game.
Sky’s red button on 18:42 - Oct 21 with 987 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky’s red button on 18:41 - Oct 21 by QPR_John

And the club will not charge ST holders for games they cannot stream.

From email from the club

"
Many thanks for your email. Yes you are correct, in that any games that get moved to Sky won’t be on the QPR Subscription so the price is adjusted accordingly. This will also apply if supporters are allowed back in prior to the end of the season."

Cheers John, not sure if I was right or wrong now!

In any case that seems to be the definitive answer!
Sky’s red button on 19:11 - Oct 21 with 952 viewsfrancisbowles

I posted this yesterday on the Derby thread.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/season-ticket-update-031020/

Under streaming note ALL home and midweek away fixtures. This was on the 3rd October.

In the FAQs
If a game is selected to be chosen live on Sky Sports does this mean it isn’t available on QPR+?
For Season Ticket holders they will STILL be able to watch the game live on QPR+ even if it is chosen
for live transmission by Sky Sports (provided it is a home or mid-week away fixture). However, for
non Season Ticket holders, any game chosen for live transmission is NOT available for domestic
viewing on QPR+. This is part of the broadcast agreement.
Sky’s red button on 20:17 - Oct 21 with 878 viewsthompsonridd

I have Sky but the red button coverage is fooking terrible as usual. Now paid for stream and its much better apart from the fact we're losing while I switched over
Sky’s red button on 20:50 - Oct 21 with 839 viewsactonman

Am I missing something here ? I am season ticket holder but cannot access tonight’s game via the iPlayer or whatever the fcuk it’s called as it says my subscription is not valid ? Does that ,mean they can’t charge me because it’s on sky ?

So non season ticket holders can pay £10 and still watch via stream ? What if I didn’t have sky ?
Sky’s red button on 21:25 - Oct 21 with 805 viewsQPR_John

Sky’s red button on 19:11 - Oct 21 by francisbowles

I posted this yesterday on the Derby thread.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/season-ticket-update-031020/

Under streaming note ALL home and midweek away fixtures. This was on the 3rd October.

In the FAQs
If a game is selected to be chosen live on Sky Sports does this mean it isn’t available on QPR+?
For Season Ticket holders they will STILL be able to watch the game live on QPR+ even if it is chosen
for live transmission by Sky Sports (provided it is a home or mid-week away fixture). However, for
non Season Ticket holders, any game chosen for live transmission is NOT available for domestic
viewing on QPR+. This is part of the broadcast agreement.

Well there are two different answers to the same question on the official site
Sky’s red button on 21:52 - Oct 21 with 788 viewsfrancisbowles

Sky’s red button on 21:25 - Oct 21 by QPR_John

Well there are two different answers to the same question on the official site

Not if the other one is the one that says SELL because they both say the same thing.

They can't SELL Sky selections to non season ticket holders but season ticket holders can access ALL home and midweek away matches.

I appreciate your email says different but I think someone has got that wrong, which is understandable as there has been so much confusion about this.
Sky’s red button on 21:55 - Oct 21 with 778 viewsQPR_John

Sky’s red button on 21:52 - Oct 21 by francisbowles

Not if the other one is the one that says SELL because they both say the same thing.

They can't SELL Sky selections to non season ticket holders but season ticket holders can access ALL home and midweek away matches.

I appreciate your email says different but I think someone has got that wrong, which is understandable as there has been so much confusion about this.

Let's wait till the Derby game and see what happens that should sort it out
Sky’s red button on 21:58 - Oct 21 with 769 viewsfrancisbowles

Sky’s red button on 21:55 - Oct 21 by QPR_John

Let's wait till the Derby game and see what happens that should sort it out

Agreed, it may have all changed like the kick offs that were moved to 19.00 and moved then back again, after Sky overruled the Football League. Lol.
Sky’s red button on 22:11 - Oct 21 with 756 viewsactonman

So young Acton fcuks off at half time as had enough and can clearly see things are not getting any better (can’t argue with that)

So just came down after match and I ask him “did you watch the rest of the game on sky “ , no he says , it was on the app ?? So turns out I did pay for the game aswell as his so now I am even more fcuked off that it’s cost me £20 for that sh!t tonight that I watched on sky anyway
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024