Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
twelve halves of football 18:24 - Jan 9 with 1829 viewsmakaveli1882

Not one Rangers player has scored from open play in twelve halves of football - fourteen if you include extra time.
twelve halves of football on 18:26 - Jan 9 with 1816 viewsstainrods_elbow

Just pointed out the same thing in another thread.

Are we close to breaking our own records for goals not scored?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

twelve halves of football on 18:31 - Jan 9 with 1783 viewsmakaveli1882

twelve halves of football on 18:26 - Jan 9 by stainrods_elbow

Just pointed out the same thing in another thread.

Are we close to breaking our own records for goals not scored?

Seem to breaking records every week, also Jack who does the stats said this id the first time we have not scored in 4 home games since 1978!
twelve halves of football on 18:44 - Jan 9 with 1745 viewsstainrods_elbow

twelve halves of football on 18:31 - Jan 9 by makaveli1882

Seem to breaking records every week, also Jack who does the stats said this id the first time we have not scored in 4 home games since 1978!

I'm assuming that would be 78/79? Which didn't end well if memory serves.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

twelve halves of football on 19:01 - Jan 9 with 1717 viewsHunterhoop

The team is shot.

No hatred or even dislike towards the man. He did a good job at first and the players aren’t playing well, but we need a new leader in there; we need a new manager. We have to make a change.

6 wins in how many? 40 something?

14 halves with only an own goal (against bottom of the league) to show for it.

100+ goals conceded in 68 games under his watch

38 with 2 or more.

And on the player development front, who is developing?

I’m sure there are worse stats out there too.

We need a change urgently. We can’t change the squad. And, honestly, does anyone think the current coaches are getting anything near the best out of our players? Chair? BOS? Dykes (compared to Steve Clarke)? Adomah? Even Bonne scored 11 (1 in 3) for a ropey Charlton side last year who didn’t have anything like the possession we have.

Sadly, I just think they’ve run out of ideas. 352 is the refuge of the damned. It only ever works when you have fantastic wing backs. Ours are our weakest point of the team! They can’t cross or defend very well. 4231 is the right shape. Possible, 442, could work with two holding midfielders and two genuine wingers. But we’ve one away from that because we started struggling and now we can’t score and things are getting worse. It’s such a congested season, I’m always wary of changing shape when there’s so little time to train on it.

I just think the squad needs a new coach, with authority, who can bring some energy to them.
twelve halves of football on 19:02 - Jan 9 with 1715 viewsManinBlack

At least we were in the top division in 78/79 unlike the old second division this time round so this time it feels worse.
twelve halves of football on 19:03 - Jan 9 with 1713 viewsJamesB1979

I’ve definitely come to the view that someone up there hates us though.
twelve halves of football on 19:37 - Jan 9 with 1667 viewsmakaveli1882

twelve halves of football on 19:01 - Jan 9 by Hunterhoop

The team is shot.

No hatred or even dislike towards the man. He did a good job at first and the players aren’t playing well, but we need a new leader in there; we need a new manager. We have to make a change.

38 with 2 or more.

We need a change urgently. We can’t change the squad. And, honestly, does anyone think the current coaches are getting anything near the best out of our players? Chair? BOS? Dykes (compared to Steve Clarke)? Adomah? Even Bonne scored 11 (1 in 3) for a ropey Charlton side last year who didn’t have anything like the possession we have.

Sadly, I just think they’ve run out of ideas. 352 is the refuge of the damned. It only ever works when you have fantastic wing backs. Ours are our weakest point of the team! They can’t cross or defend very well. 4231 is the right shape. Possible, 442, could work with two holding midfielders and two genuine wingers. But we’ve one away from that because we started struggling and now we can’t score and things are getting worse. It’s such a congested season, I’m always wary of changing shape when there’s so little time to train on it.

I just think the squad needs a new coach, with authority, who can bring some energy to them.

All very worrying
twelve halves of football on 19:39 - Jan 9 with 1657 viewscolinallcars

We used to have Les Ferdinand, now we have Les Miserables.
Login to get fewer ads

twelve halves of football on 21:36 - Jan 9 with 1579 viewsozexile

twelve halves of football on 19:01 - Jan 9 by Hunterhoop

The team is shot.

38 with 2 or more.

Yeah we do. He's just drowning now. He hasn't a clue how to turn it round. If he wasn't so set in his possession football ways he should go all Sam Allardyce till May.
Defenders no more than two touches, every pass from CM goes forward and scrap for your lives in the final third.
twelve halves of football on 22:29 - Jan 9 with 1533 viewsenfieldargh

Its like hes working his way from back to front.

Got the keeper sorted

Defense has improved a bit.

Now the midfield looks like its starting to click when we have possession in our half and the central areas.

so at this rate we'll have all systems go two games before the season ends by which time the defence will have had a relapse

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024