Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton penalty 19:17 - Feb 20 with 4616 viewsStanisgod

Do you know what, I give up. If that was a pen, footballs finished. Even with VAR, which he just gave a cursory glance to, he still got it wrong.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Everton penalty on 13:57 - Feb 22 with 727 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Everton penalty on 10:11 - Feb 22 by PinnerPaul

Again 50/50 split on RefChat - some think red - no attempt to play the ball, but others no, as attacker didn't have control of the ball.

Haven't looked at it too many times, so don't know where the ball was when he was fouled?

Thank you for being the poster with the most knowledge taking the time to answer these baffling questions PP.Also for having the patience to repeat yourself week after week as we mortals scratch our heads at most of the penalty decisions in the PL where the VAR is supposed to help
Everton penalty on 14:18 - Feb 22 with 698 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Everton penalty on 10:53 - Feb 22 by PinnerPaul

Sorry Brian, I was replying to whether it was a red or not.

Obviously where ball is has no impact on foul/no foul, but does on whether it was an obvious goalscoring opportunity AND in the area, if it was a genuine attempt for the ball.

Ah, I see.

Thanks man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Everton penalty on 15:41 - Feb 22 with 652 viewsPinnerPaul

Everton penalty on 13:57 - Feb 22 by CLAREMAN1995

Thank you for being the poster with the most knowledge taking the time to answer these baffling questions PP.Also for having the patience to repeat yourself week after week as we mortals scratch our heads at most of the penalty decisions in the PL where the VAR is supposed to help

No worries but, no offence to you all, I'd rather be out on the field doing it for real!

Its a lot easier at the keyboard though!

On a serious note I do think the laws have been made over complicated and VAR has just complicated things further!
Everton penalty on 22:58 - Feb 22 with 588 viewsQPR_John

Everton penalty on 15:41 - Feb 22 by PinnerPaul

No worries but, no offence to you all, I'd rather be out on the field doing it for real!

Its a lot easier at the keyboard though!

On a serious note I do think the laws have been made over complicated and VAR has just complicated things further!

Out of interest do referees get a say in law changes. I don't mean Mike Riley and the like but those at the coal face
Everton penalty on 14:50 - Feb 23 with 526 viewsPinnerPaul

Everton penalty on 22:58 - Feb 22 by QPR_John

Out of interest do referees get a say in law changes. I don't mean Mike Riley and the like but those at the coal face

Nope, not as far as I know.

Decided by IFAB - 4 UK FAs and FIFA which also has 4 votes from around the world.

There is an email address for anyone to use to suggest changes etc, I doubt they take much notice, but tbf they will answer genuine questions on law.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024