Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes and Bonne. 18:51 - Feb 27 with 9052 viewsBostonR

Really want these two to cut it, but given their respective performances and lack of goals between them, how are they going to turn it around?
On current stats they will end up with 12-16 goals between them for the season, which is not good enough.
Dykes is struggling with his game in the Championship - just cannot finish and Bonne gets in good positions and again cannot finish. Not sure how much the club invested in them, but on current performances and goal return, they both look out of their depth in the Championship. Problem is, who will take them off our hands?
Dykes and Bonne. on 14:47 - Mar 4 with 1180 viewsbakerloo8

Dykes and Bonne. on 13:34 - Mar 4 by simmo

I really disagree with this 'if he does nothing else' or 'goals are all that matters'. Of course a goalscorer is brilliant, but Heidar Helguson wasn't that prolific. 10-12 goals a season maybe? But every other part of his game was invaluable for us.

This isn't to support Dykes, or compare anyone directly, but clearly in a team game just judging a forward on their goal scoring record is too simplistic.

Helguson could hold the ball up and score goals. A top player. Dykes is a million miles off his level.

Perfect scenario would be to loan Dykes to a L1 team to get him some gametime a few goals and come back to us next season in better shape cos tbh he looks miles out of his depth here at the moment.

If we're going into next season relying on Dykes 4 or 5 goals a season then we're probably getting relegated.
Dykes and Bonne. on 20:22 - Mar 4 with 1035 viewscorse

Said it couple months ago and say it again that I still have not seen anything yet from these two waste of space that do suggest that the transfer money was well and wisely spent.
I hope im wrong and i have to eat my pie but at the moment it doesent look so...
Dykes and Bonne. on 20:44 - Mar 4 with 991 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dykes and Bonne. on 20:22 - Mar 4 by corse

Said it couple months ago and say it again that I still have not seen anything yet from these two waste of space that do suggest that the transfer money was well and wisely spent.
I hope im wrong and i have to eat my pie but at the moment it doesent look so...

Not even the winner at Derby?
Dykes and Bonne. on 20:59 - Mar 4 with 974 viewsactonman

I know there’s no comparison but look at Austin with half a chance , usually smashed towards goal with venom, on target or near enough .
Defenders can’t afford to give an inch of space as 9 times out of 10 will result in goal attempt.

Our lads just don’t look to have that cutting edge unfortunately.

out of dykes and Bonne, I personally think Bonne has more potential to learn and develop but may even need that experience in league 1 to build confidence
Dykes and Bonne. on 21:07 - Mar 4 with 933 viewsVancouverHoop

Dykes and Bonne. on 20:59 - Mar 4 by actonman

I know there’s no comparison but look at Austin with half a chance , usually smashed towards goal with venom, on target or near enough .
Defenders can’t afford to give an inch of space as 9 times out of 10 will result in goal attempt.

Our lads just don’t look to have that cutting edge unfortunately.

out of dykes and Bonne, I personally think Bonne has more potential to learn and develop but may even need that experience in league 1 to build confidence

I tend to agree on potential, but Bonne's spent several years in L1 already. Sending him back there might seem more like an admission failure than confidence building.
Dykes and Bonne. on 21:09 - Mar 4 with 924 viewsozexile

I hope Dykes has an amazing Euros and becomes the player we all hope he'd be. But after watching that miss against Barnsley I'm very worried. Doesn't seem to have a strikers instinct at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024