Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes and Bonne. 18:51 - Feb 27 with 9053 viewsBostonR

Really want these two to cut it, but given their respective performances and lack of goals between them, how are they going to turn it around?
On current stats they will end up with 12-16 goals between them for the season, which is not good enough.
Dykes is struggling with his game in the Championship - just cannot finish and Bonne gets in good positions and again cannot finish. Not sure how much the club invested in them, but on current performances and goal return, they both look out of their depth in the Championship. Problem is, who will take them off our hands?
Dykes and Bonne. on 12:57 - Mar 1 with 2866 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Adam Armstrong (£1.75m)

First Season: 5 in 44
This Season: 19 in 31
Dykes and Bonne. on 13:08 - Mar 1 with 2839 viewsstevec

Dykes and Bonne. on 12:57 - Mar 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Adam Armstrong (£1.75m)

First Season: 5 in 44
This Season: 19 in 31

Looks like a footballer, runs like a footballer.

£1.75 mill ? Fck that's depressing.
Dykes and Bonne. on 13:22 - Mar 1 with 2813 viewsGloucs_R

Polter improved over time.... I was gutted to see him go go in the end.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dykes and Bonne. on 17:58 - Mar 1 with 2720 viewsderbyhoop

Some posters in this thread get it, but not all.

We have been shopping in the bargain basement out of necessity. We're hoping that 1 of Dykes/Bonne/Kelman turn into a 15 goal a season striker. But all 3 could be the latest Conor Washington.

The only alternative is to hope one of our own comes through, e.g. Ferdinand, Gallen, Allen & Goddard. Anybody who follows the U18s or U23s won't be expecting that in the short term. Kendall has looked the most likely but he's been plying his trade in National League South - 4 levels below where we need him to be.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dykes and Bonne. on 18:00 - Mar 1 with 2718 viewsrsonist

Dykes and Bonne. on 13:08 - Mar 1 by stevec

Looks like a footballer, runs like a footballer.

£1.75 mill ? Fck that's depressing.

40% sell on (reportedly).
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 18:01]
Dykes and Bonne. on 21:38 - Mar 1 with 2599 viewsTacticalR

Profile of Dykes on the rugby league section of the BBC site:

Lyndon Dykes: QPR's rugby league talent turned Scotland football hero
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/56156654

Air hostess clique

Dykes and Bonne. on 11:01 - Mar 2 with 2472 viewsfrancisbowles

Dykes and Bonne. on 21:38 - Mar 1 by TacticalR

Profile of Dykes on the rugby league section of the BBC site:

Lyndon Dykes: QPR's rugby league talent turned Scotland football hero
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/56156654

Thanks for posting. Interesting that he was a winger in his first season in Scotland.
Dykes and Bonne. on 12:54 - Mar 2 with 2433 viewsR_from_afar

Dykes and Bonne. on 11:48 - Mar 1 by simmo

If you want proven strikers at this level you need to be paying a fck load more than we have to spend, and even then it's not a guaranteed thing. We had Premiership players who didn't look up to it most years, and that was all for dead money. Forest are paying an eye watering amount of wages to Loyal Taylor atm, and he's on less goals than Dykes and is now warming the bench.

The market for strikers is mental and it's why we've had to use the loan market for years - we finally try to break the cycle by purchasing young players with development potential, and people want to fck them off after half a season... We paid for the players they could become, hence why the transfer fees we pay and the wages we offer are massively incentive based.

Dykes and Bonne are making big step ups in a covid season with a new team where the main creative supply is currently Todd bloody Kane. Give them a chance FFS.

Also anybody suggesting writing off Kelman already... Embarrassing.

Great post, that sums up the situation perfectly

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes and Bonne. on 21:59 - Mar 3 with 2249 viewsNov77

In my best Gene Pitney voice......

“It was only 24 hours from Brentford...”

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Dykes and Bonne. on 02:05 - Mar 4 with 2030 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Dykes and Bonne. on 17:58 - Mar 1 by derbyhoop

Some posters in this thread get it, but not all.

We have been shopping in the bargain basement out of necessity. We're hoping that 1 of Dykes/Bonne/Kelman turn into a 15 goal a season striker. But all 3 could be the latest Conor Washington.

The only alternative is to hope one of our own comes through, e.g. Ferdinand, Gallen, Allen & Goddard. Anybody who follows the U18s or U23s won't be expecting that in the short term. Kendall has looked the most likely but he's been plying his trade in National League South - 4 levels below where we need him to be.

Barnsley shopped in the bargain basement but their forwards can score.
Dykes and Bonne. on 02:08 - Mar 4 with 2028 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Dykes and Bonne. on 11:01 - Mar 2 by francisbowles

Thanks for posting. Interesting that he was a winger in his first season in Scotland.

This article is very revealing. First passion was rugby league but he fell into football by chance. For many years he was a winger but was recently converted into a striker.

This goes some way to explaining why his finishing is so poor. Let's hope the coaching staff can perform some minor miracles because the boy just don't look like a natural striker to me.
Dykes and Bonne. on 08:55 - Mar 4 with 1872 viewsBostonR

Given his size and supposed physicality, you would have thought that last nights blitzkrieg of a game would have been to his taste.
He was literally smashed all over the park whenever he got possession, missed another golden chance and his overall contribution was woeful. Something is clearly wrong; in that he either cannot settle in London, we have made a mistake or he is not good enough. He is miles off in getting an understanding with Charlie, who appeared really frustrated with him last night.
Warburton needs to take him out of the team for a decent spell and try to get a re-set or resolve whatever the feck is going on with him.
Dykes and Bonne. on 09:15 - Mar 4 with 1831 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes and Bonne. on 08:55 - Mar 4 by BostonR

Given his size and supposed physicality, you would have thought that last nights blitzkrieg of a game would have been to his taste.
He was literally smashed all over the park whenever he got possession, missed another golden chance and his overall contribution was woeful. Something is clearly wrong; in that he either cannot settle in London, we have made a mistake or he is not good enough. He is miles off in getting an understanding with Charlie, who appeared really frustrated with him last night.
Warburton needs to take him out of the team for a decent spell and try to get a re-set or resolve whatever the feck is going on with him.

Think their GK's assist aside Austin may have been frustrated by his own performance or lack of supply. Chair miles off those who thought last year he was a better player than Eze and as poster above said our forwards are almost solely reliant on Todd Kane. We stopped conceding goals by focussing on defence playing Ball in front of a Back 3. Now Field is getting up to speed we may enable to be more attack minded and create more than current 2maybe 3 chances per 90minutes.
Dykes and Bonne. on 09:15 - Mar 4 with 1829 viewsstevec

Dykes and Bonne. on 08:55 - Mar 4 by BostonR

I’d love to know who scouted Dykes.

Looks like he knows he shouldn’t be out there too, must be quite difficult for him.
Dykes and Bonne. on 09:20 - Mar 4 with 1814 viewsted_hendrix

Dykes is Good at taking penalties and good at long throws, we need at least three penalties on Saturday at Bristol Titty and lots of throw ins then we'll be back to winning ways again.
Bonne's game is improving, I think he was only offside twice last night.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Dykes and Bonne. on 11:00 - Mar 4 with 1720 viewsderbyhoop

On the evidence of the last few games, give me Dykes over Bonne every time.
Not sure that, other than the goals on Saturday and last night, Austin didn't contribute much more.

Continual criticism is hardly going to help, is it?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dykes and Bonne. on 11:40 - Mar 4 with 1657 viewsPaddyhoops

Dykes looked a bit out his depth last night.
Not looking like he's going to cut it at this level.
Still he could well have a decent tourament for Scotland at the Euros. At least we'd recoup our money then.!!
Dykes and Bonne. on 12:10 - Mar 4 with 1624 viewsted_hendrix

Dykes and Bonne. on 11:00 - Mar 4 by derbyhoop

Not sure that, other than the goals on Saturday and last night, Austin didn't contribute much more.

*Continual criticism is hardly going to help, is it?*

No but it's not criticism its posters giving their opinions and if we can't give opinions then what's the point of the MB in the first place?
Both Dykes and Bonne have been on our books since the start of the season and neither of them have made me sit up and think strewth they've got something about them, both have minor attributes but that's all, I hate to say this but Dykes miss early doors last night had 'goal' written all over it but still he failed to find the net.
As you say Austin didn't contribute much last night, his only contribution was he did manage to score and that's the difference between him and Dykes and Bonne, he scores goals.
Take Austin out of this team and we're f ucked.

Bad night at the office last night and it wont be the last either.

I'm a firm believer in people giving their opinions, as long as it's done with some balance then It's not criticism in my book it's how posters see the game, you'll not get everyone agreeing with everyone else but that's normal.

Nobody would be happier than me to see Dykes and Bonne succeed firstly because we own their contracts and they are our own players and secondly we bloody well need them to succeed.

Sadly I cant see that happening, they've both had all season, how long do we wait?

Over to the Manager now, that's what he's paid for.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Dykes and Bonne. on 12:52 - Mar 4 with 1566 viewssimmo

Been a big advocate of time and patience with Dykes and also Bonne, that's still the case but I do think it might be sensible management to take big Lyndon out the spotlight for a bit.

The schedule is an ideal excuse but you can see how much this run is getting to him - he couldn't find his own arse with both hands atm and maybe a little break to catch his breathe and get out his own head would help.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Dykes and Bonne. on 13:05 - Mar 4 with 1529 viewsWestbourneR

Time and patience too far cost us with Conor Washington.

The real worry is I think Dyles is getting worse.

His first touch isn't bad but he is no goal scorer.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Dykes and Bonne. on 13:19 - Mar 4 with 1492 viewsridethewave

Dykes and Bonne. on 11:00 - Mar 4 by derbyhoop

Other than the goals Austin didn't contribute much...

Come on mate, he's a foreword, I frankly don't care what he does as long as he is scoring goals, that's what he's there for.
Dykes and Bonne. on 13:34 - Mar 4 with 1434 viewssimmo

Dykes and Bonne. on 13:19 - Mar 4 by ridethewave

Other than the goals Austin didn't contribute much...

Come on mate, he's a foreword, I frankly don't care what he does as long as he is scoring goals, that's what he's there for.

I really disagree with this 'if he does nothing else' or 'goals are all that matters'. Of course a goalscorer is brilliant, but Heidar Helguson wasn't that prolific. 10-12 goals a season maybe? But every other part of his game was invaluable for us.

This isn't to support Dykes, or compare anyone directly, but clearly in a team game just judging a forward on their goal scoring record is too simplistic.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Dykes and Bonne. on 14:23 - Mar 4 with 1343 viewsstrikerace

I prefer Dykes to Bonne too. Neither is scoring and and Dykes offers more from the rest of his game.

Also I think the poster above is selling Austins all around game short. He has been doing a good job holding up the ball and swinging it to the other side of the pitch to start attacks. I think he has a few assists in addition to his goals. He has also done a good job coming back to help defend in midfield. He is one of the best we have getting his head on the ball
Dykes and Bonne. on 14:25 - Mar 4 with 1339 viewsR_from_afar

Dykes and Bonne. on 12:10 - Mar 4 by ted_hendrix

*Continual criticism is hardly going to help, is it?*

No but it's not criticism its posters giving their opinions and if we can't give opinions then what's the point of the MB in the first place?
Both Dykes and Bonne have been on our books since the start of the season and neither of them have made me sit up and think strewth they've got something about them, both have minor attributes but that's all, I hate to say this but Dykes miss early doors last night had 'goal' written all over it but still he failed to find the net.
As you say Austin didn't contribute much last night, his only contribution was he did manage to score and that's the difference between him and Dykes and Bonne, he scores goals.
Take Austin out of this team and we're f ucked.

Bad night at the office last night and it wont be the last either.

I'm a firm believer in people giving their opinions, as long as it's done with some balance then It's not criticism in my book it's how posters see the game, you'll not get everyone agreeing with everyone else but that's normal.

Nobody would be happier than me to see Dykes and Bonne succeed firstly because we own their contracts and they are our own players and secondly we bloody well need them to succeed.

Sadly I cant see that happening, they've both had all season, how long do we wait?

Over to the Manager now, that's what he's paid for.

Fair enough Ted, but the criticism of Dykes on here is becoming hyperbolic.

It is possible for a player to be underperforming - as I will freely admit Dykes is, he badly needs to score in open play very soon - without every single thing about them being bad.

He is not just there to score goals, he is also a targetman and a foil for Charlie. Many people on here said he did OK when he came off the bench in the previous game.

He is undoubtedly struggling at the moment but he is certainly not the worst professional footballer ever and as for our scouting, he has nearly always looked decent when playing at international level.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Dykes and Bonne. on 14:32 - Mar 4 with 1328 viewsGloucs_R

I see Warburton was in the press yesterday blaming the fans and social media for Dykes poor performances.

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024