Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kakay- Centre Half today? 17:52 - Apr 5 with 4801 viewsextratimeR

Just wondering, looking at the utter shambles in midfield and at Centre back today, ( not Fields fault, Warbs shouldn't have tampered with defence and midfield at the same time) surely it would have been much easier to put Kakay in at Centre back.
When he has had to play their before, Fulham Home etc he has been superb.

It was painfully obvious after five minutes that something was horribly wrong in midfield.

Fair do's to Forest, they were good, and Dieng stopped three certain goals before half-time, (not counting Barbet's intervention), and Houghton is now sorting them out, they should be a handful next season.

Pleased for Dykes, I think we will get their with Willock , Dykes and please God Charlie, but some tough decisions ahead about some of our players before next season.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 13:45 - Apr 6 with 1076 viewsMyke

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 13:03 - Apr 6 by E15Hoop

I'm not in the least suggesting that his treatment by a section of the Twitterati is anything other than disgusting. However, to me the whole interview piece seemed to him to be an excuse for self-glorification and the context was essentially "I'm doing QPR a massive favour by condescending to play for them, when I should have had a £13.2 million move to Sheffield United". Compounding that by then insulting a team-mate is hardly likely to win friends and influence people.

I don't know, I must say I'm with Dave on this one. Seems to be a massive storm in a tea cup. Yet the club appear to be taking it very seriously (no appearance in the last 2 games) so you could well be right E15. It seems to me a little like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Fair enough drop him for Coventry if management felt a disciplinary step was needed. But we suffered without Kane v Forest in the sense that Kakay could have played on the right side of the 3 and Field played in midfield.We may well have lost the game but with Field back beside Jo Jo and Kane getting down the right wing (possibly with a point to prove) who knows?
It just seems odd, when you think that we continuously played BOS, even though he clearly wasn't going to sign a new contract and Chelsea have played down an actual fisticuff situation between two of their players. Warbs in his post-match comments is always at pains to explain why such and such a player got left out or taken off or whatever, but not a word on Kane. It just seems an over-reaction considering we are not over endowed with defensive players. I wonder would we have a different stance if we were not mid-table?
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 13:46]
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 13:56 - Apr 6 with 1057 viewsE15Hoop

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 13:38 - Apr 6 by daveB

possibly not going to win friends but I've heard QPR players in the past say far worse and no one seemed to care. I personally didn't think he came across that way in thinking he was better than the club more just someone with a lot of self belief who wanted to show how good he can be.

If a more popular player had made similar comments no one would have said a word about it

A more popular player is likely to have framed his self-belief in a more mature, rounded way and given credit to his team-mates and respect to the club which pays his wages.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 13:59 - Apr 6 with 1053 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 13:38 - Apr 6 by daveB

possibly not going to win friends but I've heard QPR players in the past say far worse and no one seemed to care. I personally didn't think he came across that way in thinking he was better than the club more just someone with a lot of self belief who wanted to show how good he can be.

If a more popular player had made similar comments no one would have said a word about it

"If a more popular player had made similar comments no one would have said a word about it"

I think there might be truth to that. I also wonder if the fact that he's ex-Chelsea is a factor.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 14:07 - Apr 6 with 1042 viewsMyke

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 13:56 - Apr 6 by E15Hoop

A more popular player is likely to have framed his self-belief in a more mature, rounded way and given credit to his team-mates and respect to the club which pays his wages.

Can't agree with this, Kane was unpopular long before 'interviewgate' He is being hammered on here BECAUSE he is unpopular more so than what he said. If, let's say, Chair, had said he has received death threats then we would all have been totally outraged and whole threads would be dedicated to such an atrocity. But because it was Kane it's 'I absolutely don't condone death threats, but..' as if it was somehow a lesser act against a less popular player. That is not just aimed at you E15, that's the general consensus, not just on this thread, but on the more extensive Kane thread when the story broke a couple of weeks ago. In other words, there is a direct correlation between the popularity of the player and our reaction to a totally despicable (and frightening) threat.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 14:24 - Apr 6 with 1009 viewsE15Hoop

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 14:07 - Apr 6 by Myke

Can't agree with this, Kane was unpopular long before 'interviewgate' He is being hammered on here BECAUSE he is unpopular more so than what he said. If, let's say, Chair, had said he has received death threats then we would all have been totally outraged and whole threads would be dedicated to such an atrocity. But because it was Kane it's 'I absolutely don't condone death threats, but..' as if it was somehow a lesser act against a less popular player. That is not just aimed at you E15, that's the general consensus, not just on this thread, but on the more extensive Kane thread when the story broke a couple of weeks ago. In other words, there is a direct correlation between the popularity of the player and our reaction to a totally despicable (and frightening) threat.

If that's true, Myke, then I go back to the point I made at the beginning of what I said and suggest that Todd needs to do some self-reflection and, I would suggest, engage in some positive PR. A public apology to the fanbase - he can use phrases like "I'm sorry for the way that the piece came across. I didn't intend in any way to disrespect my team-mate and my club" - would take some of the heat out of the situation and go some way to winning back some of the more rational fans.

We could debate all year long about whether he should or shouldn't have to do this, but it would at least be a practical way for him to mend fences.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 15:08 - Apr 6 with 984 viewsdaveB

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 13:56 - Apr 6 by E15Hoop

In an ideal world yeah he would but we've had plenty of popular players in the past who haven't. Adel is one that springs to mind. I've obviously missed something about disrespecting the club as I didn't see that at all

All about context when you see the full interview he spoke about losing his place in the side, not meeting his own standards and feeling he is a better player than Kakay and needing to prove it. I don't really have an issue with that, I get that others do and that's fine but has turned into a bit of a witch hunt on Kane over an interview very few people have actually seen.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 15:09]
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 15:30 - Apr 6 with 958 viewsDannytheR

Wondering if people would react the same way if a more popular player had let their mouth run away with them like Kane feels a bit beside the point. One of the reasons players become popular with fans is that they don't pop up in on-camera interviews saying they're better than, say, the youth team local kid who's kept them out of the team despite their Premiership credentials and the *cough* £13m bids.

Footballers say all sorts of dozy things all the time (don't we all?) but even the likes of Barton refrained from naming younger players on camera as not being as good as them. If someone in an office piped up about how much better at the job he was than the (less well paid and younger) bloke at the next desk, he would sound a proper wally. As indeed Kane did. And other people would be perfectly entitled to say so.

The big Chelsea tit.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 15:42 - Apr 6 with 936 viewsMyke

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 15:30 - Apr 6 by DannytheR

Wondering if people would react the same way if a more popular player had let their mouth run away with them like Kane feels a bit beside the point. One of the reasons players become popular with fans is that they don't pop up in on-camera interviews saying they're better than, say, the youth team local kid who's kept them out of the team despite their Premiership credentials and the *cough* £13m bids.

Footballers say all sorts of dozy things all the time (don't we all?) but even the likes of Barton refrained from naming younger players on camera as not being as good as them. If someone in an office piped up about how much better at the job he was than the (less well paid and younger) bloke at the next desk, he would sound a proper wally. As indeed Kane did. And other people would be perfectly entitled to say so.

The big Chelsea tit.

Are you seriously holding Barton up as a role model to Kane's behaviour!! The guy who stubbed a cigarette out in an apprentice's eye ffs! I think your final sentence says it all and is the real reason so many dislike Kane . Were Langley, Peacock, Wick's et al despised as much I wonder or is it just good old social media raising her ugly head again?
Login to get fewer ads

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 15:55 - Apr 6 with 915 viewsdaveB

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 15:30 - Apr 6 by DannytheR

The big Chelsea tit.

Joey chose to publicly slate the club and Rodney Marsh whilst fans sang his name. He claimed on multiple occasions he was the best player at the club and dismissed the quality of player at the club who were all championship players according to him when he first arrived. In his book he openly talks about trying to injure Adel in training because he didn't like him.

Kane should think he is better than Kakay just as Kakay should think he is better than Kane. Every player at the club should think they are the best in their position, that's the kind of mentality you want surely.

As for the £13million bid, it was widely reported at the time that was what Sheffield Utd were going to pay Chelsea for Kane and I think they were trying for someone else in a joint deal at the time. None of that was new information.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 16:08 - Apr 6 with 888 viewsE15Hoop

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 15:55 - Apr 6 by daveB

Joey chose to publicly slate the club and Rodney Marsh whilst fans sang his name. He claimed on multiple occasions he was the best player at the club and dismissed the quality of player at the club who were all championship players according to him when he first arrived. In his book he openly talks about trying to injure Adel in training because he didn't like him.

Kane should think he is better than Kakay just as Kakay should think he is better than Kane. Every player at the club should think they are the best in their position, that's the kind of mentality you want surely.

As for the £13million bid, it was widely reported at the time that was what Sheffield Utd were going to pay Chelsea for Kane and I think they were trying for someone else in a joint deal at the time. None of that was new information.

Thank God the Barton days are long gone and ever receding further into history.

My point is quite simply that there is a clear line between self-belief and unjustified and unjustifiable arrogance. Self-belief doesn't need to compare itself to others - it should propel the individual to compete only against him/herself in order to attain the highest levels of performance and consistency.

Arrogance needs to pull others down in order to be seen as better than them, and actually often masks a deep-seated insecurity.

I sincerely hope that the Warbler has made those very same points to Citizen Kane, and that he is busy reflecting accordingly.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 16:09 - Apr 6 with 887 viewsDannytheR

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 15:55 - Apr 6 by daveB

And Barton is justly slagged off right, left and centre, without anyone halfway credible talking about it in terms of a witch hunt. Even then, there were still plenty of fans who cheered him onto the pitch just as there were people arguing barely a couple of months ago that we should sack Warburton and give him the job of manager.

For fans who love a witch hunt, some of us can be very forgiving.

No-one's disputing that Kane should *think* he's better than Kakay. Saying it in an interview is the problem. Most of us learn before we hit primary school than not every thought in your head should be said out loud, much less with a camera in front of you, and much less about a team mate.

Don't remember widespread reports about Kane going for £13m but happy to take your word for it. There again, I am still waiting for the Roberto Baggio deal to go through.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 16:30 - Apr 6 with 861 viewsdaveB

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 16:09 - Apr 6 by DannytheR

And Barton is justly slagged off right, left and centre, without anyone halfway credible talking about it in terms of a witch hunt. Even then, there were still plenty of fans who cheered him onto the pitch just as there were people arguing barely a couple of months ago that we should sack Warburton and give him the job of manager.

For fans who love a witch hunt, some of us can be very forgiving.

No-one's disputing that Kane should *think* he's better than Kakay. Saying it in an interview is the problem. Most of us learn before we hit primary school than not every thought in your head should be said out loud, much less with a camera in front of you, and much less about a team mate.

Don't remember widespread reports about Kane going for £13m but happy to take your word for it. There again, I am still waiting for the Roberto Baggio deal to go through.

At the time when Joey made those comments not many were going after him, he was made club captain and celebrated by many. That's changed over the years of course.

This is where I find the whole thing odd with Kane, he was trying to make a point about his own poor form and realising he wasn't performing as he should rather than just out of the blue having a pop at Kakay and saying I am the greatest which is how it's been portrayed since.

On the 13million thing i don't for a second think they would have paid that much for him but it was reported at the time so can see why he mentions it. It's not something he has imagined and perhaps shows how much players believe a lot of the stories published about them with regards transfer fees etc
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 18:06 - Apr 6 with 817 viewsVancouverHoop

The silence, by all parties, since Kane's comment is more revealing than the comment itself.

It's likely (but like everyone else I don't actually know) that Warbs told Kane to "sort it out," ie: apologise etc. But he hasn't. So until he does he's off the team. What happens next remains to be seen.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 18:21 - Apr 6 with 809 viewsdaveB

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 18:06 - Apr 6 by VancouverHoop

The silence, by all parties, since Kane's comment is more revealing than the comment itself.

It's likely (but like everyone else I don't actually know) that Warbs told Kane to "sort it out," ie: apologise etc. But he hasn't. So until he does he's off the team. What happens next remains to be seen.

His absence also could be due to him having a poor game against Millwall so Warburton changed it for Reading and Kakay played quite well so he kept him in for a few games
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 18:36 - Apr 6 with 788 viewsVancouverHoop

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 18:21 - Apr 6 by daveB

His absence also could be due to him having a poor game against Millwall so Warburton changed it for Reading and Kakay played quite well so he kept him in for a few games

Kane would surely have been on the bench if that were the case.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 18:41 - Apr 6 with 780 viewsbakerloo8

Plenty of Todd Kane family members on this thread 🤣

The fact is Kane is average. Clearly arrogant as fk andalso dumb as fk to say what he said. Hes also reasonable experienced member of the club and SHOULD know better. Deserves pelters.

And the £13m bid? Jesus wept. Not in a million years.

Learn a bit of contrition Todd. Work hard, keep your gob shut and win the fans round. It ain't rocket science.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 18:56 - Apr 6 with 756 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 18:36 - Apr 6 by VancouverHoop

Yes, exactly, as he was on Friday.

So post-video, he was on the bench. But then either due to a new injury/illness or maybe something video-related we traveled with only eight subs.

I find that part slightly curious alright.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:36 - Apr 6 with 722 viewsstevec

Just flicking through google to hear what Kane said again, turns out he upset everyone at Oxford with another off the cuff outburst a couple of years back.

I don’t know why these pros go anywhere near a microphone, what exactly do they gain out of it. Kelly sounded like QPR or London had sent him spiralling into depression last year, don’t think he played a game since. Imagine they get paid bugger all to be interviewed on a podcast, all to get a metaphorical kicking for one word out of place.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 19:51 - Apr 6 with 712 viewsVancouverHoop

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 18:56 - Apr 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, exactly, as he was on Friday.

So post-video, he was on the bench. But then either due to a new injury/illness or maybe something video-related we traveled with only eight subs.

I find that part slightly curious alright.

Not necessarily.

Let's assume Warbs spoke to Kane when the squad reassembled after the International break. He gave him a time to rectify matters, which included the Coventry match. But when he hadn't done anything by Monday he wasn't included in the team.

It's all speculation of course, but if he's nowhere to be seen on Saturday, especially after the performances yesterday, I think we'll be able to draw firmer conclusions.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 21:23 - Apr 6 with 658 viewsdaveB

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 18:36 - Apr 6 by VancouverHoop

He was on Friday
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 13:50 - Apr 7 with 536 viewsterryb

Ignoring the Kane & Barton saga, I agree with the OP that playing Kakay in the back three & keeping Field in midfield would have been my choice.

However, I think it was a worthwhile exercise in seeing how it went with Sam at the back. The biggest lesson to learn is that we are better with him in midfield.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 13:56 - Apr 7 with 526 viewsgazza1

! - Kakay is not the finished product yet.....how good he gets still remains to be seen. Personally, I like him and think he should be given a good chance which I think he is. Better than Kane, yes in many departments of his game but not all.

2 - As far as Kane, which this thread appears to have moved to.....he is a pretty average player who has had a decent spell over the past couple of months. Clearly he is not a £13 million player. I would like to see the 'full tape' so that I can make a more valued opinion of what he actually said but what I have seen it does not put him in good light. Some of the comments were not good and I would suggest, because of MW team ethics, his future is in doubt at Rangers unless he 'has it out' with MW and his team mates.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 14:24 - Apr 7 with 497 viewsTheChef

Of course, it might just be that with a few games of the season to go MW wanted to give a Kakay a run in the team, and weigh up his options with a view to next season.

Or his interview clip is just the tip of the iceberg and there are other issues at play that we're not aware of.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 15:45 - Apr 7 with 453 viewsgazza1

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 14:24 - Apr 7 by TheChef

Of course, it might just be that with a few games of the season to go MW wanted to give a Kakay a run in the team, and weigh up his options with a view to next season.

Or his interview clip is just the tip of the iceberg and there are other issues at play that we're not aware of.

I would suggest that MW and his coaches have already formulated a pretty good idea of Kakay and just wants the last few looks of him in real action.......I expect to see him playing most of the rest of the matches.
Kakay- Centre Half today? on 15:50 - Apr 7 with 444 viewsMyke

Kakay- Centre Half today? on 14:24 - Apr 7 by TheChef

You are right in that it is absolutely the right time to give all players a run and try different players in more than one position to see if that works or not. Now that we can see what Wallace can do when fully fit (and to be fair Warburton knew this from his Rangers days) it might be time to give Niko a few more games. Also Adomah and Bonne need to play more. The results are pretty immaterial at this stage,as long as we get seven more points so I can be right about my 60 point prediction!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024