Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wing Backs / Squad weakness 21:19 - Apr 5 with 3164 viewsGloucs_R

532 / 352 seems to work for us but the weak link still seems to the wing backs. Appreciate Wallace has improved but at his age and injury record, I wouldn't renew his contract.

Kane looks like he could be pushed out this summer, only a year to go.

Kakay and Niko look ok as short term back ups.

Let's say we've got budget for 5 players in the summer....Jordy and Field are givens. Where would you strengthen? Remember we have Masterson, Amos and LTC all to return.

[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 7:08]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Wing Backs / Squad weakness on 15:37 - Apr 7 with 405 viewsgazza1

Wing Backs / Squad weakness on 15:28 - Apr 7 by ngbqpr

The biggest decision this summer will be if we try to re-shape a squad built for 4231 into one that better suits the 352 (or for Nick London, 3421) - or do we tweak it back towards 4231?

352 as a long term solution is a problem imho - our wing back options are all flawed, and it leaves the likes of Adomah and Thomas out in the cold, even for cameos. So it means wasting ££ we don't have.

I'd like to see us try 4231 again this season with Field / Johansen as a far superior '2' to Cameron & Ball - see if better players in front of them affords two from Dickie / Barbet DW sufficient protection.

So, you are suggesting that MW will change his formation??? Really?? Why??
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 15:37]
Wing Backs / Squad weakness on 15:51 - Apr 7 with 377 viewsPinnerPaul

Wing Backs / Squad weakness on 11:05 - Apr 6 by Northernr

The Adomah thing is very strange isn't it? All this constant chat about how crowded the fixture list is and you've got an experienced pro there, not exactly dead in the ground at 33, looks good and provides excellent service whenever he's on the pitch, but gets 5-10mins a week max. I mean all the usual caveats about Warbs sees them in training and we don't, but it is an odd one for me.

This post has been edited by an administrator

This Mark Robins quote keeps coming back to me

"Anyone can play well when you're 3-0 down"

I think its fair to assume that applies to 3-0 up as well, plus of course must be easier coming on fresh up against someone who has played the previous 80'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024