Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A matter of routine - Report 12:44 - May 3 with 2382 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/54975
A matter of routine - Report on 15:07 - May 3 with 1974 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks Clive,

Very enjoyable report. Unusually, I have fairly different marks for our players than you. I thought we were sloppy in possession, created fairly little, were under constant attack but looked comfortable just because Stoke were so poor. I completely agree that we played in third gear and that it's great to win away while only in third gear but overall I wouldn't rank it as a good performance.

My marks, FWIW:

QPR:
Dieng 6;
Dickie 6, De Wijs 7, Barbet 6;
Kakay 7, Johansen 8, Chair 6, Willock 6 (Bonne 82, -), Wallace 6;
Dykes 7, Austin 6.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A matter of routine - Report on 16:04 - May 3 with 1834 viewsgazza1

A matter of routine - Report on 15:07 - May 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks Clive,

Very enjoyable report. Unusually, I have fairly different marks for our players than you. I thought we were sloppy in possession, created fairly little, were under constant attack but looked comfortable just because Stoke were so poor. I completely agree that we played in third gear and that it's great to win away while only in third gear but overall I wouldn't rank it as a good performance.

My marks, FWIW:

QPR:
Dieng 6;
Dykes 7, Austin 6.

Wow......I thought my expectations were high
A matter of routine - Report on 22:20 - May 3 with 1281 viewsbosh67

Great report as always.

My marks, IFWW: (I have dyslexia)

QPR:
Dieng 12;
Dickie 5, De Wijs 9, Barbet 3;
Kakay 22, Johansen 108, Chair 15, Willock 9 (Bonne 82, -), Wallace 7;
Dykes 17, Austin 36.

I also have thisdracula.... I mean dyscalculia.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A matter of routine - Report on 09:40 - May 4 with 1016 viewsfrancisbowles

A matter of routine - Report on 15:07 - May 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks Clive,

My marks, FWIW:

QPR:
Dieng 6;
Dykes 7, Austin 6.

FWIW, I marked it similar to you but I gave higher marks to the forwards. Dykes an 8, Austin a 7, highly influenced by their involvement in the first goal.
[Post edited 4 May 2021 9:44]
A matter of routine - Report on 09:44 - May 4 with 1007 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A matter of routine - Report on 09:40 - May 4 by francisbowles

FWIW, I marked it similar to you but I gave higher marks to the forwards. Dykes an 8, Austin a 7, highly influenced by their involvement in the first goal.
[Post edited 4 May 2021 9:44]

I very nearly did, too FB. Excellent performance from him again.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A matter of routine - Report on 11:02 - May 4 with 929 viewsdaveB

What was the news in the Times about going back to matches? I've been away all weekend so not seen any news coverage and article is behind a paywall
A matter of routine - Report on 11:05 - May 4 with 924 viewsNorthernr

A matter of routine - Report on 11:02 - May 4 by daveB

What was the news in the Times about going back to matches? I've been away all weekend so not seen any news coverage and article is behind a paywall

Trailed by Raab in his Sunday rounds, and leaked into the sunday times in advance (because of course), the headline was SOCIAL DISTANCING TO END ON JUNE 21, with lots of good news about cinemas, theatres, restaurants, pubs. Snuck in so quickly you wouldn't notice it "limited attendances, social distancing, masks" will remain after June 21 at sports stadiums.

Takes me back to that fun little period from last summer where we were allowed to pack into the crown together to watch the games on an ipad, and cinema chains were showing Premier League games which you could sit indoors together and watch on a big screen, but not walk half a mile down the road and sit outdoors with the same people to watch it at the ground.

This post has been edited by an administrator
A matter of routine - Report on 11:14 - May 4 with 899 viewsdaveB

A matter of routine - Report on 11:05 - May 4 by Northernr

Trailed by Raab in his Sunday rounds, and leaked into the sunday times in advance (because of course), the headline was SOCIAL DISTANCING TO END ON JUNE 21, with lots of good news about cinemas, theatres, restaurants, pubs. Snuck in so quickly you wouldn't notice it "limited attendances, social distancing, masks" will remain after June 21 at sports stadiums.

Takes me back to that fun little period from last summer where we were allowed to pack into the crown together to watch the games on an ipad, and cinema chains were showing Premier League games which you could sit indoors together and watch on a big screen, but not walk half a mile down the road and sit outdoors with the same people to watch it at the ground.

FFS, surely stadiums will be open by August
Login to get fewer ads

A matter of routine - Report on 11:26 - May 4 with 877 viewsTheChef

A matter of routine - Report on 11:05 - May 4 by Northernr

Gotta try and grow those Sky Sports subscriptions somehow.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

A matter of routine - Report on 14:27 - May 4 with 743 viewsHunterhoop

A matter of routine - Report on 11:14 - May 4 by daveB

FFS, surely stadiums will be open by August

It’s ridiculous.

We’ve effectively got a home tournament Euros to host in June/July. The economic benefit to be gained by having full attendances at Wembley, outdoor fan parks and pubs, especially if it helped England win the damn thing, would be significant and much needed for the on-trade and events sector.

It’s outdoor. The idea of opening other sectors indoor whilst not allowing people to go to outdoor events would be ludicrous.

Even more so when by then you’re likely have had over 25m people having had their second dose, almost half the adult population.

You can tell something is afoot because clubs still haven’t come out with their ST prices and plan for next season, which is only 3 months away.

Oh to be at LR with a sell out crowd early Aug...
A matter of routine - Report on 16:14 - May 4 with 652 viewsderbyhoop

Will you stop thinking logically. I'd love to think Govt was guided by the science but some of the lockdown decisions seem farcical. It's not as if I'm against the restrictions, per se, just would like to have seen thought given to what they were and the ability to enforce them.

Social distancing in outdoor stadia while no restrictions in the pub next door is ridiculous.

Here in rural France, we still have a curfew from 7pm and I'm not convinced it has any effect, although it may do in the bigger cities, where people are more likely to ignore social distancing after a few drinks. Admittedly, France's cases, hospitalisations and deaths are now higher than the UK but I'm not sure the measure have been that effective. And with 10 police to cover an area of about 100 square kms it can't be enforced.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

A matter of routine - Report on 11:01 - May 8 with 433 viewsNorthernr

More quiet little kites flown in the times this morning - drinking bans for those attending, fans told to remain seated and stamp feet rather than jump up and cheer etc
A matter of routine - Report on 11:10 - May 8 with 408 viewsE15Hoop

A matter of routine - Report on 11:01 - May 8 by Northernr

More quiet little kites flown in the times this morning - drinking bans for those attending, fans told to remain seated and stamp feet rather than jump up and cheer etc

- And all this in the same week when the first indoors music concert with no social distancing was held, AND when the boffins announced that we should be virtually virus-free by August! Nice to see that the left hand and right hand are in such good communication with each other..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024