Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ebs Flying High 13:14 - May 9 with 6239 viewsE15Hoop

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9558981/Roy-Hodgson-insists-C

Got a lot of focus on him on 5Live yesterday. They had him as MOM for the Sheff U game.

Imagine if he went already for megabucks and we've got a decent sell-on fee negotiated??
Ebs Flying High on 08:25 - May 17 with 980 viewsParkRoyalR

Ebs Flying High on 07:37 - May 17 by stevec

Agree with that. Actually think Hodgson is the ideal manager for Eze at this stage, that level his defensive side had to improve, his big weakness at our place.

Palace stay up year on year because they can defend, letting Eze rip free could easily have undermined that, he must have learnt a lot this season.

Not putting this at his feet entirely, he’s a brilliant talent, but as good as he was, the way it led to us playing, exciting stuff, but we conceded 70 plus goals a season, now we don’t.

It’s a team game.

Two ways of looking at his defensive abilities - one is his tackling (or lack of), other is how much pressure he took off our defence by always being able to carry the ball out of defence when we were under the cosh, and likewise receive, hold the ball and give the defense time to push up. I thought this was key is so many tight games last year, especially as our defence and GK were not playing at the level we have seen this year with Dickie + Dieng.
Ebs Flying High on 09:45 - May 17 with 840 viewsMaggsinho

Ebs Flying High on 07:37 - May 17 by stevec

Agree with that. Actually think Hodgson is the ideal manager for Eze at this stage, that level his defensive side had to improve, his big weakness at our place.

Palace stay up year on year because they can defend, letting Eze rip free could easily have undermined that, he must have learnt a lot this season.

Not putting this at his feet entirely, he’s a brilliant talent, but as good as he was, the way it led to us playing, exciting stuff, but we conceded 70 plus goals a season, now we don’t.

It’s a team game.

I agree with this, when Eze joined Palace he talked about wanting to go there because of the way they would develop his game so he knew exactly what he was getting into.

I think talk of him being held back by Hodgson or Zaha is more wishful thinking on our part than reality.
Ebs Flying High on 10:03 - May 17 with 804 viewsstevec

Ebs Flying High on 08:25 - May 17 by ParkRoyalR

Two ways of looking at his defensive abilities - one is his tackling (or lack of), other is how much pressure he took off our defence by always being able to carry the ball out of defence when we were under the cosh, and likewise receive, hold the ball and give the defense time to push up. I thought this was key is so many tight games last year, especially as our defence and GK were not playing at the level we have seen this year with Dickie + Dieng.

Very true also.

I like what we’ve got or had, this second half of season. Organised round a team rather than an individual.

Tarabbt season was wonderful but counter productive when we moved to a higher level. This seems to lead to its own limitations, from Freeman through to Tarabbt through to Eze through to Marsh.

Use those players as a stepping stone as we did with Marsh and hopefully Eze.
[Post edited 17 May 2021 10:04]
Ebs Flying High on 10:25 - May 17 with 745 viewsParkRoyalR

Ebs Flying High on 10:03 - May 17 by stevec

Very true also.

I like what we’ve got or had, this second half of season. Organised round a team rather than an individual.

Tarabbt season was wonderful but counter productive when we moved to a higher level. This seems to lead to its own limitations, from Freeman through to Tarabbt through to Eze through to Marsh.

Use those players as a stepping stone as we did with Marsh and hopefully Eze.
[Post edited 17 May 2021 10:04]

Agree, as makes it harder for the opposition to nullify us, although quality players like Eze work out when they are being targeted and double-marked and just move the ball on quicker, which was to benefit of Chair and BOS last year,

But do love a Rangers no 10, who as well as helping us win games, gets us up off our seats as the likes of Eze, Tarabbt, Wegerle, Bowles etc did.
Ebs Flying High on 10:26 - May 17 with 744 viewsrsonist

Personally I think it's a wood-for-the-trees scenario focusing on Eze's off the ball work - it's far from accurate to call him a luxury stroller anyway - but if no one wants to commit to playing with a 10 then he will have to adapt to becoming more of an deeper 8. I do think a more imaginative manager can square the circle more functionally.

OTOH it's possible Lampard or Howe could come in and give him a free role, he'd look great but they'd still lose plenty of games for lack of structure, and it'd be a different sort of gilded limbo denying us our resale cut.

As I say we can talk about him changing this and that but clubs readily spend big on far, far less accomplished teenage potential every year. They know what they're looking for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024